Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Miazma : hungarian FMV

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
This game defnitely deserves attention.

Miazma is the sequel to Yoomurjak’s Ring, which I didn't play because I didn't know about it and it's not easily available (but the author said that it should be rereleased on Steam).
What we have here is an hungarian FMV adventure, which takes place around a research institute, Atomki, in the town of Debrecen.
It is, of course, deliciously cheesy, as far as FMV is concerned, if you like this sort of things, it's like watching a point'n'click Derrick episode. What sets it apart is that the puzzles and background are quite good. A middle sequence is a fun MacGyver-type escape room, and the last sequence is a kind of scientific Serpent Rouge (which I couldn't complete by myself but still is quite good). And you can visit several real places in Debrecen and learn more about Sándor Szalay.
Minigames puzzles are skippable, too, which is a plus for me.
Considering the price point, I heartily recommend it !
And I'll buy Yoomurjak's Ring instantly when it's available in English.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Yoomurjak's ring is out on Steam in English !
And Miazma is -60% right now. No reason not to get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom