Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Might & Magic: Chess Royale - now it's auto battler + battle royale!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ubisoft won't stop bothering Might & Magic fans!: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/might-and-magic-chess-royale/

06_GAMEPLAY_SCREENSHOT_359857.jpg

https://apps.apple.com/US/app/id1489336754
https://play.google.com/store/apps/....auto.chess.battle.royale.arena.strategy.game

It's also on PC!

DISCOVER THE FIRST MASSIVE REAL-TIME 100 PLAYERS AUTOBATTLER

Fight 99 other players on a real-time chess battlefield and be the last hero standing! Re-discover classic units and heroes from the Might & Magic high-fantasy universe and create deep strategies in ten-minute competition!

Who will win the Chess Royale?

STRATEGY IS KEY TO VICTORY

Create unique synergies and overcome your opponents each round! Combine specific units, factions and heroes to claim victory.

Scout other players and adapt to their own synergies and units’ picks. Tactical management and display of units on the battle grid is essential.

Manage your Gold buy buying units and magic Spells with unique abilities and effects.

Anticipate the unit’s availability in the Shop by scouting the most played compositions. Keep an eye on the Spells Shop to be aware of the current meta.

COLLECT & UPGRADE ICONIC UNITS & HEROES

Tons of Heroes & Units to collect from the Might and Magic Universe, each has unique abilities and belong to a specific faction.

Merge, merge and merge! Upgrade units buy merging them together to become mightier, up to three stars!

A TRUE BATTLE ROYALE AUTOBATTLER

Live thrilling fights against 99 other players! Each round count: who will be the last Hero standing on the battlefield?

OPTIMISED FOR 10 MINUTES GAMES

Loose quick, win quick! Enjoy a crafted experience of the autobattler for shorter & exciting games!

THRILLING & EXHILARATING FIGHTS

Watch massive battles unfold with amazing visuals, witness your armies unleash its fury on your opponent with thrilling ultimates & Spells

Outsmart your opponents in 1V1 battles

EVOLVE YOUR GAME

Numerous updates & in-game events will come and change the meta regularly, adapt your strategy to each new update!

DISCOVER THE MIGHT & MAGIC WORLD

Relive the classic experience of the strategy RPG reference, this time on a chess battlefield!

Feel the Might & Magic world in this high heroic fantasy adventure!"

Mixing two hottest multiplayer trends into one: https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/13/might-magic-chess-royale/

Might & Magic: Chess Royale is an auto battle royale from Ubisoft

Ubisoft’s scientists have done the unthinkable and combined the two biggest new gaming genres of the last few years. The publisher revealed today that it plans to release Might & Magic: Chess Royale for mobile and PC on January 30. As the name suggests, it mixes together elements of auto battlers (think Auto Chess) and battle royale games (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Fortnite).

In Might & Magic: Chess Royale, you put together an army of units from the Might & Magic series in a fight against 99 other players. The game borrows a lot from Dota: Auto Chess, Dota Underlords, and Teamfight Tactics. Players must focus on creating powerful synergies between units. But Chess Royale drops the teams and instead has every player fighting for themselves. As in Fortnite or PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, you want to outlast everyone else to get the victory.

While this isn’t a direct spinoff of Ubisoft’s Might & Magic Heroes strategy games, fans of those games will recognize many of the units. And some knowledge should transfer from one game to the other.

Might & Magic: Chess Royale will have to compete with more established auto battlers
Ubisoft has already begun testing Might & Magic: Chess Royale in a soft launch. This has enabled the game’s designers to work on optimizations.

One of the big goals is to create relatively short matches. Ubisoft claims that you can “lose quick” or “win quick” with game sessions that last 10 minutes. That could help distinguish it from the auto battler crowd. Dota Underlords and Teamfight Tactics can have 30-minute matches or longer.

But Ubisoft is definitely chasing the trends. And that’s going to make it challenging to find an audience. Teamfight Tactics and Dota Underlords are already major hits with millions of players.

Of course, that doesn’t mean Chess Royale doesn’t have a chance. Fortnite and then Apex Legends proved that new games could come along and thrive in the battle royale space. Maybe Chess Royale will do the same for autobattlers.

Black_Willow

Arcane
It doesn't even hurt anymore.
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb

Viata

Arcane
Who the fuck buy those games? Who are the people that are making Ubisoft destroy this series over and over again? I want all of them dead. Fuck them. :argh::killitwithfire::imperialscum::timetoburn::flamesaw::killit:<- this hand sign is wrong, btw.

AMG

Arbiter
There has been an M&M themed shovelware title every year since 2017. At this point you just have to admire their dedication.:hero:

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You have to admire Ubitards, they're almost as incompetent as EA when it comes to holding franchises that are literally gold mines and free money generators, while still managing to bring out crap no one cares about and that alienates the remaining fanbase very effectively.
Soon Ubisoft will just sit on the franchise and effectively cock block anybody competent to use it, the same way EA sits on Dungeon Keeper.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You have to admire Ubitards, they're almost as incompetent as EA when it comes to holding franchises that are literally gold mines and free money generators, while still managing to bring out crap no one cares about and that alienates the remaining fanbase very effectively.
Soon Ubisoft will just sit on the franchise and effectively cock block anybody competent to use it, the same way EA sits on Dungeon Keeper.

Is the Might & Magic really a gold mine? I mean the games were pretty niche, the latest Heroes game weren't that well received and it's not as if any of the recent spin-off had any particular success.

I think Ubisoft is just chain building those mobile games and slap on some of the M&M label just to raise their profile a little.

Edija

Arcane
Patron

Is the Might & Magic really a gold mine? I mean the games were pretty niche, the latest Heroes game weren't that well received and it's not as if any of the recent spin-off had any particular success.

I think Ubisoft is just chain building those mobile games and slap on some of the M&M label just to raise their profile a little.

The latest games weren't well received because the last good Heroes game was 5. Since then Ubisoft has just managed to create utter crap, I'm still mad at myself for falling for their Heroes 3 HD scam.

Olinser

Savant

War for the Overworld was a respectable successor to Dungeon Keeper. My understanding is they even got the same voice actor to play the main guy. It wasn't a perfect game but it was enjoyable.

Olinser

Savant

The latest games weren't well received because the last good Heroes game was 5. Since then Ubisoft has just managed to create utter crap, I'm still mad at myself for falling for their Heroes 3 HD scam.

I'm not sure if thinking Heroes 5 was a good game shows your lack of taste, or demonstrates the level of utter flaming dogshit the games after it were to make even 5 look good.

Edija

Arcane
Patron

I'm not sure if thinking Heroes 5 was a good game shows your lack of taste, or demonstrates the level of utter flaming dogshit the games after it were to make even 5 look good.

I'm not to fond of Heroes 5 myself if I want to be perfectly honest, mostly because the creature design and the switch to 3D wasn't too much to my taste. But the thing that can be said about 5 is that it tried to be somewhat like 3, which the majority saw as the peak of the series. The whole point is that 5 is a masterpiece compared to anything after it, not to talk about how 2 & 3 look when you compare them with the newer ubicrap titles.

Citizen

Autochess AND Battleroyale? So they just mashed together 2 the most declined genres of the last decade and slapped a M&M logo on it?

I mean what is the TA for that? 10-12 yo zoomers would be scared away by old IP and no self-respecting fan of the original M&M or HoMM series would touch that with a 10 feet pole

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom