Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos - free-to-play mobile sequel to Heroes 3

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Ubisoft won't let go of Might & Magic! https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/might-and-magic-heroes-era-of-chaos/

Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos, the free-to-play mobile sequel to Heroes 3 originally made for and released in Chinese/Asian market, is coming west.

MMHEOC_Screenshot_1332x750-3_357276.png

MMHEOC_Screenshot_1332x750-4_357277.png
MMHEOC_Screenshot_1332x750-5_357278.png

Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos, Coming This Year to Android and iOS, Pre-Register for Exclusive Rewards

SAN FRANCISCO — October 31, 2019 — Today, Ubisoft announced that pre-registrations are now open for its upcoming free-to-play game Might & Magic® Heroes®: Era of Chaos. Creating an experience built from the ground up for mobile, Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos invites players to build an army of iconic heroes and units from the franchise, all recreated in a distinctive art style. Players control their forces in a new tactical RPG experience to take on a variety of both single-player and multiplayer modes, including a campaign that takes them through the events of fan-favorite classic, Heroes of Might & Magic® III. Players can pre-register to receive an exclusive hero skin, Pirate Catherine, and a Legendary Pack when the game launches.

Following the story of Heroes of Might & Magic III, the campaign in Might & Magic® Heroes®. Era of Chaos takes players back to the land of Erathia. After the disappearance of King Roland Ironfist of Enroth, his wife, Queen Catherine, is left to rule alone. Meanwhile, her father, King Gryphonheart of Erathia, is assassinated. Without their beloved King, the kingdom of Erathia falls to the dark forces. Queen Catherine returns home to Erathia seeking to rally the people of her homeland and lead them against the evil that has ravaged their nation.

The campaign is just one of nine different game modes where would-be-generals can test their mettle in Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos. Single-player PvE modes include Campaign, Special Modes and Underground additional levels. In addition, multiplayer and guild modes will have players working together and competing with each other’s around the globe.

The strategic gameplay demands close analysis of the battlefield and careful troop placement before deployment. Once engaged, troops automatically follow their behaviors, but players can still instantly turn the tide of battle using heroes. As players progress, new heroes join the fight. From the half-human, half-genie Yog to the barbarian Shiva, series fans get to collect and enjoy their favorite characters in the gorgeous and detailed new art style, while also using their new abilities to gain an advantage in tense combat.

Players can pre-register for now on the game’s official site to get the Pirate Catherine skin and a Legendary Pack of loot when the game launches by the end of the year.

Pre-register now to get 77,777 gold! :shittydog:

d1nolore

Savant
Mobile games core demographic is 'tards and casuals. They are just catering to the market. This is the market that popularised angry birds and candy crush.

Citizen

Why do they even release it as HoMM in china? I doubt chink boomers have a nostalgia for M&M series, so why not just release as a part of new IP?

And westerners wouldn't (hopefully) buy this crap, cause paying money for this feels like sponsoring someone raping your childhood friend on camera

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
recreated in a distinctive art style
yeah no, it's the other way around

There is no artstyle in gaming that I despise as much as the generic mobile game look. No other artstyle, not even AAA effect-oversaturated console trash, is as soulless as the mobile game look. They all look the same, and not just the visual design of characters and items: even the interfaces all look the same. They all have that rounded and cartoony look, and all remind me of late-stage flash games when people started monetizing the things rather than just creating them for the fun of it.

I occasionally buy AAA trash and play it as a guilty pleasure, but whenever I see a game with the typical mobile game artstyle in my Steam queue, I click on ignore ASAP. No other artstyle is as off-putting as this. It's inherently soulless and trashy.

Citizen

I occasionally buy AAA trash and play it as a guilty pleasure, but whenever I see a game with the typical mobile game artstyle in my Steam queue, I click on ignore ASAP. No other artstyle is as off-putting as this. It's inherently soulless and trashy.

Edgy anime+warcraft3 mashup of HoMM5 is worse. Still HoMM5 was an alrite game, because it featured good gameplay

This is both visually unappealing and shitty gameplay-wise, according to the trailer

Aemar

Arcane
"A horrible mobile experience only worsened by the lack of respect to the original material it's derived from".
https://gamingonphone.com/reviews/might-and-magic-era-of-chaos-review/
Lack of respect to the original material and its legacy is the main reason I've stayed away from anything that had a ''might and magic'' tag attached to it, after the demise of NWC. I can't believe JVC is continuously wasting his talent on worthless mobile releases instead of returning to the type of games that made him a name in this industry.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I would love to have the IQ that would allow me to understand nuking all the lore for some animu-wow "style" of HoMM 5+ and then making HoMM 3 sequel as a trashy mobile geym for moon people. I think I have to finally start watching rick & morty.

Citizen

would love to have the IQ that would allow me to understand nuking all the lore for some animu-wow "style" of HoMM 5+ and then making HoMM 3 sequel as a trashy mobile geym for moon people. I think I have to finally start watching rick & morty.

It's not IQ thing, it's a money thing. Edgy animeWC3 is a popular visual style (or at least was when HoMM5 was released), there was no way ubi would have released a 2d game in 2005. Today we have a lot of hyped 2d indies so big companies release 2d stylized games sometimes, but back then it would be the most unhip thing to do

I still hope that someday ubi will make a proper HoMM2 sequel, and let the guys who did Rayman Origins work on it's visuals

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Well, I was mostly talking about the lore and the universe, but that too. For HoMM2 sequel, check the Succesion Wars mod for HoMM3 and be really, really positively surprised.

Citizen

Well, I was mostly talking about the lore and the universe, but that too.

M&M lore was nuked in armageddons blade IIRC, homm4 already featured another universe. Anime setting and plot of HoMM5+ are trashy, but I'd personally tolerate them if the visuals didn't make my eyes bleed

Succesion Wars mod for HoMM3 and be really, really positively surprised.

Woah, thanks for reminding. I saw it when it was still in early stage of development but completely forgot about its existence, gotta try now :bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom