Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Milkmaid of the Milky Way - indie adventure game

Machineboy

Barely Literate
Hi guys,

I'm an indie developer who's been working on a passion project for close to two years, and wonder if it's ok to share it with you here (if not, just remove this post, mods).

Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a 90s style point and click adventure game where you play Ruth, a lone milkmaid on a remote farm in a faraway fjord in 1920's Norway. Her parents have passed and she is having trouble making ends meet. Mysterious things keep happening around her, and she wonders if this is the life she wants. Then a huge, golden ship descends from the skies, sending her on a journey that will change her life forever.

The game is coming to Mac/PC on Steam and iOS on the App Store 5th of January 2017. The release trailer can be seen here:

Steam page is here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/544970

The game is probably closer to Loom than to Monkey Island when it comes to feel and difficulty level, and it's also written completely in rhyme. The playtime should probably be around 3-4 hours (but they're good 3-4 hours, I swear!). If you, as I, enjoyed adventure games in the 90's (God I'm old) I think you might enjoy my game. Let me know if you have any questions!

ppG6KPc.png

Good luck, you'll probably run into problems with the :incloosive:SJW police who will criticise your game for having a white protagonist in 1920s Norway.

belated

Augur
I read a preview for this at spillhistorie just the other day, looks good!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The trailer looks mildly interesting, but your pixels are different sizes.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Quite the stealth release. :/

As best I can tell, there are two reviews on tiny sites, one in Norwegian. :M

This picture pretty much obliterated my interest in the game, as it is even more forced than the "so forced it's a dumb joke" lines that Primer has:
AD23DC8E-19E9-4DBB-9EE0-0F69DA4300C0.png

Not even a semblance of meter and a ridiculous word inversion. What is the point?

I will buy; hopefully this weekend or next. Just got back from vacation so my free time is at a bit of a premium at the mo', but I will post impressions as soon as I get to it.

Machineboy

Barely Literate
Hi guys, the 20% off sale of Milkmaid is ending in 24 hours on Steam. Just wanted to let you know in case anyone wants to check it out! :)

Quite the stealth release. :/

As best I can tell, there are two reviews on tiny sites, one in Norwegian. :M

This picture pretty much obliterated my interest in the game, as it is even more forced than the "so forced it's a dumb joke" lines that Primer has:
AD23DC8E-19E9-4DBB-9EE0-0F69DA4300C0.png

Not even a semblance of meter and a ridiculous word inversion. What is the point?
Didn't you know, the most important part of a verse is rhyme. :retarded:

I woke up with a strange feeling
All the world around me reeling

I woke up feeling quite wrong
Sweating hard before birdsong

Took around 15 seconds edit: ok a minute

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yeah, I proposed that one and "I woke up in the dead of night / certain something was not right." Anyway, all the Steam reviews are positive and most praise the rhyming so either it feels different in action or I'm just odd or both. Probably both.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^ not just you. the that particular rhyme is forced as hell. your suggestion is alot better. but aside from that one hiccup, how is the rest of the game? how are the puzzles? music? overall story and writing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom