Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah shit's working now thanks Muty. I guess you were on fiddling with the server at the time or some such.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Luzur said:
yeah yeah, are we gonna try it out?

Yep, I just updated the test server with it.

The address is media.partyeye.com:25566

Wobbler

Educated
Hey Muty, arena has been corrupt witha big hole in the middle preventing good fights :/

Since the hole is where you spawn:/

And we can't repair it since you are not allowed to change it :(

help plox.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I would be honored to receive a spot on the most prestigious Minecraft Server of them all.
MC Name: Angelo85

/e: since when was MC become even more awesomer than before?

Fired up a new single player world and was doing some underground mining. I ended up in a cave filled with water. The water was spilling through a whole in the wall and I was urged to explore what was behind that wall.
I ended up in a half flooded underground mine with wooden pillars, torches and stuff (RPGing it was an abondened dwarven mine, of course).
Suddenly I noticed a section with spiderwebs all over and the adventure accumulated in this find:

I think that little exploration tour was the most epic experience I ever had in MC hands down. Even though I had to put the game into 'peaceful' since the world was brand new and I had only sucky equipment :oops:. I just had to explore further... was just passing time until I get accepted into the Codex Server anyways.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Added Angelo85 to the whitelist. You have a very sex name Angelo. If you weren't in your mid 80's I'd tap your fine ass no doubt.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Hearsay tells me that the new patch should be out this week, though we'll see. Plus the plugins need to be updated too, so I'd say we'll get an updated server next week.

Any plans for that village? Or everyone just does their own thing like (almost) always?

Bahamut

Arcane
Mabye we should build first the codexian capital? (ya know our main hub) then we could spread out and build more dicks

I'm also setting up a MC server when we'll just get the server machine up and running. Actually I'm running the server now on my main PC but the machine itself is pretty unstable.

Dunno if people are interested in such a thing. Lag's probably going to be an issue if you're really far away from Finland, I have 100/10 connection.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Latency might only become an issue for non-europeans, and those people are a smelly bunch anyway.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
If you are bored i really recommend checking out the technic pack.

Even if its..sorta illegal....

Its really simple...most advanced thing you probably must do is downgrading...but that is still easy as heck.

http://minecrafttinkerer.tumblr.com/pos ... cnostalgia

Its also easy to revert back.

The technic pack itself (you probably must google it since it gets taken down) got its own installer.

Multi-headed Cow

So why is it illegal? I half-assed googled, didn't find an immediate download link, but found people white knighting and saying it's illegal and you shouldn't download it.

As far as I can tell it's a mod compilation. So this isn't actually illegal and it's just retards getting in a snit because someone put their mod in a bundle, eh?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It's illegal like jaywalking at 3am in some deserted crossroads is. I have never, EVER heard of any modder that has actually sued anyone because they had the *gasp* audacity to add some mod to an 'unauthorized' mod compilation. If I cared one bit about sharing my own compilations (I don't) I'd do it and fuck the whiners.

Unless deus is talking about downgrading the .jar, which is an equally lolworthy 'crime'.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Turisas said:
It's illegal like jaywalking at 3am in some deserted crossroads is. I have never, EVER heard of any modder that has actually sued anyone because they had the *gasp* audacity to add some mod to an 'unauthorized' mod compilation. If I cared one bit about sharing my own compilations (I don't) I'd do it and fuck the whiners.

Unless deus is talking about downgrading the .jar, which is an equally lolworthy 'crime'.

Well, the copyright is pretty clear, but I'm not loosing any sleep over it.
As you said most modders either does not giving a shit or is pleased of the exposure.

If someone try to make a moral case out of this its gonna fuck with cross-development.

Minecraft modding is awsome because you can integrate other mods, but everyone is toetapping around accessible content deliveries.
Hell if the guy that did the technic pack could just create an install for modloader, modloader-mp and minecraft-forge...we'd be halfway there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom