Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MINECRAFT (Codex Server)

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
KakerMix said:
I0PBJ.png

Cheapshot owns

Hi.

We're putting the finishing touches on Technic MP right now. The biggest difference between Technic MP and the Technic you might be familiar with is the lack of Equivalent Exchange since it isn't up to SMP yet. And the flavor mods like Mo' Creatures (I know it claims to be SMP compatible but it's the dirtiest goddamned SMP mod I've ever seen) and Millenaire.
Technic MP is going to come in 2 parts: The server download (a "jar" folder and a "server" folder) and the client version, which is coming with the standard installer just like before, only with less options.
We've been playing with it for a little bit now and we think you'll agree Technic is better with friends.

So we should have the client, a Windows server and a Linux server as well. We should have everything ready to go tomorrow (Thursday)

~Stay Tuned~

deus101

KakerMix said:
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/I0PBJ.png[/timg]

:siren::siren: TECHNIC MP v0.0.4 :siren::siren:

OMFG it's here! Finally a serviceable Technic game to play with your friends (sans Equivalent Exchange) We've got the latest Industrial Craft, BuildCraft, RedPower, Minefactory plus a new comer to the Technic world, RAILCRAFT which promises to 'fix' minecarts to how they should be. I hear there are potential problems with the highspeed rails when someone flies off the track and explodes so use caution with those, thanks. We also have all the delicious power crystals energy transfer mods, born out of Technic.
RedPower is getting very awesome but is still a work in progress, to a point to where RedPower 'World' and 'Machines' aren't complete, but the glimpses they provide into the potential future of this mod are pretty incredible. Keep this in mind.

A few notes:
----------------
With the new-fangled Ore Dictionary that is a part of Minecraft Forge now ores can be shared across mods. So, RedPower copper is the same as Industrial Craft copper as far as the mods go, meaning you can macerate RedPower copper and use Industrial Craft copper to make redwires. Because of this we've elected to disable the redundant ores in redpower, otherwise you get both spawning in your world and that's silly.

Some things are just generally buggy. IC2's sounds can get extra funky if 2 people have jetpacks within earshot, or the quantum suits can get fucked up if 2 people are wearing them close to each other.

Minefactory is set by default to use Buildcraft power. Meaning if you've used it before and used a timer, now you have to connect it to BC energy, either in the form of an engine directly connected to it or a power pipe connection.

Xie's farming mod works great, but the cooking mod is half-broken. The stoves, campfires and bonfires are all pretty much dead or really broken. You can't make any of the fancy pancakes or stir frys, but you can still make sandwiches and fry eggs in a normal (or Ic2 electrical) furnace.

We don't have an out-of-the-box Linux server yet, however this one will work. The problem comes from the fact that ModLoader gets it's load order from the OS, meaning on Windows you do it alphabetically. Slap some z's on a mod and it will load last. Linux uses creation date so the way around this is to merge all the mods from the 'mods' folder into the minecraft.jar itself. If you're pro enough to use Linux you're pro enough to figure it out before we get it!

You have a CLIENT and a SERVER download. The Client you should be familiar with, install it on a clean and fresh 1.8.1 Minecraft install, select your options and off you go. Note that the recipe books are single player only, they are there for you to jump in single player to see how you create things. Too Many Items is in as well, but if you aren't an OP on whatever server you join you just get an ugly inventory screen without the ability to spawn anything.
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE DO A "FULL" INSTALL because you are supposed to pick ONE Optifine to install. If you're a baller you'll install the multi-threaded one. If you a chump you install the standard. If you're ironic as fuck you install the middle one. What you don't do is install all of them at once, because you'll break the client.

The SERVER doesn't have a fancy installer, instead you have a 'Jar' folder and a 'Server' folder. Put the files in the 'Jar' folder in your minecraft server.jar directly. DO NOT DELETE META-INF or you'll break the server.
The 'Server' folder is meant to have it's contents dumped in your minecraft server directory, sitting where your server.jar is.

Configs are already set to avoid any block ID problems so everything should be golden.

------
FILES
------
CLIENT DIRECT
SERVER DIRECT

CLIENT TORRENT
SERVER TORRENT

Come hang out! synirc #Technic to scream at us how broken things are. Or if you want to help convert all this shit to Bukkit so we can release Tekkit and run Lost Shard-style Technic SMP games.

MUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deus101

So...do we run with the original map? oooor?

We still have the issue with having to jump onto the 1.9 map when it comes out...so just running with the map we have now seems prudent.

Offcourse...i have to sleep now...but..I'l awake at non, then sperg away at minecraft until my little pony...WHAT A PERFECT SATURDAY!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
omfg it... it... it works!

OMG ITZ HAVEN!!!!!!oneone!!onee1!!!!11

nPjZW.jpg

Nuff said, you have to run the client installer in order to join the server. I started it with a new map and it looks like they added all the stuff from the 1.9 prereleases.

The old server is running on 78.83.251.126:25566 in case anyone needs it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Why are there gigantic rubber trees everywhere? If they're from IC2, then meh, I kinda liked the old ones better.

And I'm getting some weird glitching (must be from OptiFine) where some textures occasionally turn invisible for a fraction of the second, quite annoying. Haven't really used OF recently since it's always conflicting with one mod or the other, guess I shouldn't have installed it now either.

Edit: Sorted it, apparently the multicore version is still pure faggotry.

Awesome job Muty :thumbsup:

Now to rush through IC tiers and camp the spawn point in full quantum set and kill all the noobs. :smug:

SoupNazi

And what's the plan? Is this world sticking around this time? I'm not getting into the whole shtick only to revert to the old shitty one again or start a new one completely on MC release.

hoopy

Savant
I wish I could play Minecraft MP, but in his infinite wisdom Notch decided that players are identified by their usernames only, and I don't want mine to be public.

On the other hand I don't know where exactly I would play MP anyway.

hoopy

Savant
Turisas said:
@hoopy:

What, did you register with your real name? Not that anyone will care about that either.
Yeah, that's what I always do when I sign up for some kind of paid service or site. Of course I assumed I would just pick a proper name later, like in every other game ever made.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well like I said I don't think anyone will really care enough to start e-stalking you. There's no way to change the username atm, but the minecraft support page mentions it will be available in the future.

SoupNazi

Yeah it has been saying that since like, infdev. Maybe in a few decades it will actually come true.

curry

Arcane
SoupNazi said:
And what's the plan? Is this world sticking around this time? I'm not getting into the whole shtick only to revert to the old shitty one again or start a new one completely on MC release.

+1

deus101

SoupNazi said:

Muty said that they are using the 1.9 map format so....seems like we're good to go.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Looks like such and also I don't think that 1.9 will be released in this lifetime. I like the current world a lot and I would stick with it, what do you think?

P.S. Quarries are fuckin awesome

Multi-headed Cow

They ever mention if NPC quests finally got put in or not? I remember it being talked about ages ago, but since he keeps adding stuff like INFINITE DRAGONS I wasn't sure if it got dropped, so the NPC villages will keep being mostly useless terrain.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't know man, that's some stinking-looking shit.

minecon, you say? I thought they were gonna be all "lol 11-11-11 like skyrim herpaderp".

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Zed said:
I don't know man, that's some stinking-looking shit.

minecon, you say? I thought they were gonna be all "lol 11-11-11 like skyrim herpaderp".

They realized they couldn't play Skyrim on release if Minecon was held at the same time.

Luzur

Good Sir
i keep getting end of stream while trying to login on Codex server.

eh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom