Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mobile rpgs

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Can't see it on Android store though.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Seems it is not out yet, but listed as early 2017, but it only mentions ios. Hope they make an Android version later.

Expon

Scholar
Abyss and dark #1
008.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Abyss and Dark developers croudfund abyss and dark 0

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
^ Looks interesting but looks like it is made for tablets and would suck on a phone. I hate it when games do that. I don't own a tablet any never will. If I am at home I have my PC which is better than anything. And if I go out, I have my phone which is portable. Tablets are for dim house wives and millennials.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Demon's Rise 1 or 2 or none?
If you like turn based strategy rpgs with good combat then id say start with thr first one before movibg to the second, the dev actually interacts woth the community to improve his games.
I haven't tried the iOS version, but there are some rough edges remaining on the android Delmon's Rise 2:
The shopkeeper UI is clunky. There are several useless screens (like a menu to enter the shopkeeper or leave after you clicked on the shop? wtf?).
Restoring saves in combat is a bit bugged (you get no mana, it doesn't restore favor spent).

But it is one of the best Android Tactical RPG (at least, the best I have played), so yes, it is definitely worth playing if you have to play on your smartphone.
It is very hard to protect squishies without being able to lock opponents in combat, but their range more or less allows you to keep them out of harm's way.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
A tech question only marginally related to mobile RPGs but still relevant: What's a significant but not outrageously priced upgrade to my Nexus 7 2013 tablet? The Nexus has disappointed me in that its touch screen would randomly stop working and I had to resort to opening it and doing a hardware mod with a piece of cardboard I saw on youtube. Oh, and the GPS never worked in off-line mode despite downloading all the maps beforehand. Eee, and it won't charge wirelessly anymore with my wireless charger. Fuck that, and fuck you Google. Otherwise it was a good performing piece of shit that accommodated all my android & retro game emulator needs. Now I want a successor to it but something reasonably priced. I'd buy another Nexus 7 but they're now $300+ when I originally paid $150. No way. And I want a 7"-8" screen or something that can fit into my coat pocket like the Nexus. I've been eyeing the Nvidia Shield K1 which is in my cheap cunt price range of $200. It seems to have a good deal more CPU & GPU power than the Nexus, but how's the GPS off-line? And how does it handle Dolphin & PPSSPP ? Do I ask for too much? So, what say you? Should I take the plunge?

Expon

Scholar
A tech question only marginally related to mobile RPGs but still relevant: What's a significant but not outrageously priced upgrade to my Nexus 7 2013 tablet? The Nexus has disappointed me in that its touch screen would randomly stop working and I had to resort to opening it and doing a hardware mod with a piece of cardboard I saw on youtube. Oh, and the GPS never worked in off-line mode despite downloading all the maps beforehand. Eee, and it won't charge wirelessly anymore with my wireless charger. Fuck that, and fuck you Google. Otherwise it was a good performing piece of shit that accommodated all my android & retro game emulator needs. Now I want a successor to it but something reasonably priced. I'd buy another Nexus 7 but they're now $300+ when I originally paid $150. No way. And I want a 7"-8" screen or something that can fit into my coat pocket like the Nexus. I've been eyeing the Nvidia Shield K1 which is in my cheap cunt price range of $200. It seems to have a good deal more CPU & GPU power than the Nexus, but how's the GPS off-line? And how does it handle Dolphin & PPSSPP ? Do I ask for too much? So, what say you? Should I take the plunge?
It can play ppsspp and other emulators fine, but if really want portable gamecube emulation your better off with the gpdwin.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
There is a GSM Arena site for tablets now and it is awesome. Take time to put in all your requirements carefully, and then it gives you a shortlist and you can just go from there. I don't have a tablet because I don't need one but I bought a few for family members because I'm a tech geek and they are all clueless. A few people have ipads and they are total trash. Itunes is cancer, getting films and movies on and off are a total pain, and you can't play any non tablet games without hacking it, and even then it isn't that good. My dad had a nexus 7 that was ok but started to run like shit after a few years and I couldn't fix it with wiping stuff off etc, it just seems like they upgrade the OS each year and it screws older devices. The best one I ever saw is called a Sony Xperia Z3 tablet. It is a masterpiece. It is really thin, really light, waterproof, can slide into a dock to hold it up and also charges it at the same time, it has amazing apps and games, good battery, sound, cpu, screen, and it has a huge amount of storage because it takes sd cards which are huge and super cheap. I had dosbox on there, scummvm, and played lots of great dos games on there and new ones too. I was so tempted to buy one for myself just because it is so sexy.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I love android. I have this one app called File Commander that browses all the folders on the device like it is a pc. But you also press a button within it, and it gives you an ip address, type that into your browser on your pc, and it instantly networks with the phone/tablet, and you can just drag and drop stuff and off over your wireless network. It is so slick and easy.

Also there is an app called Tasker which lets you program events with "If this - then do this" type commands. So I have it set to not require a password when I am at home (if connected to x wifi, dont require passkey). As soon as I leave the house, it requires a password to get on my phone. Also I have it disable various things like wifi when I leave my house so it doesn't roam and doesn't do stuff when I am out, so it saves the battery. Also "if playing a game" don't let the screen timeout. And "if connected to charger" it makes the screen brighter, and not timeout. And you can do way more clever stuff with that app, I just wanted these things.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Now that my Phone has a ton of HD space, I came across EA's Star Wars Galaxy of Hero's. It is Turn-Based and has character development, so It IS a RPG :troll:

Of course you need to pay for all the good stuff of course, but like all games, they do give you a ton of free stuff to start, and they do at least give you some free cards daily.

Anyways, turn-based and STAR WARS OH MY GOD IT IZ HEVAN!

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Update on my decision to buy a new Android tablet. I had about $100 worth of Amazon gift cards leftover from Christmas so I ended up ordering an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. Paid around $100 out of pocket. And wouldn't you know that as soon as I did that, my Nexus 7 2013 is now working fine after I opened it, removed that piece of cardboard that some retard on youtube said fixed its touchscreen issues, and just secured the LCD ribbon cable with two pieces of electrical tape. It even charges wirelessly again, and GPS works flawlessly offline now :lol:

Atchodas

Augur
For people who havent played it or did play it 15 years ago on pc i would suggest revisiting King of Dragon Pass , can play it in short sessions which is always welcome on mobile device but you will get hooked and spend whole day anyways because its that good

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
^ Cool. It seems a bit of a mess with expansions though. Some are low level ones that need a new character, some are high level. And there are so many. I wish they would do some sort of full quest pack for a decent price and balance it all properly. Although I would most like a sequel with a party.

mondblut

Arcane
Speaking of The Quest: Islands - how to complete the "find a counterfeiter" quest in Eldfell? I know what house to enter, but there is no dialogue option to accuse Berg (nothing to speak to him at all). I tried boosting Mind Magic to 100+ with enchanted items, Persuasion to 100+, Appraise to 80+, Personality to 70+, but there is no way to proceed with it.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Are there any mobile rpgs that are crpg like and actually good? Besides the well known ones on Steam like Heroes of Steel, Templar Battleforce, etc, or the steam ones in general. Small handheld computer only I mean (or not on steam at least).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom