Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mobile rpgs

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
^ None. The Quest is a simple single character rpg and that's about the best you can get. The rest are action mobile trash. I had one that has 4 character like an Eye of the Beholder clone but modern. Looks nice, but the gameplay is average and I completed it in a few sessions. You can get some real RPGs though like Baldurs Gate, Icewind, Final Fantasies, FFT, etc. But most of them play like shit on a small screen. I like FFT though.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are there any mobile rpgs that are crpg like and actually good? Besides the well known ones on Steam like Heroes of Steel, Templar Battleforce, etc, or the steam ones in general. Small handheld computer only I mean (or not on steam at least).
Give Tales of Illyria a try. It's not a hard game by any means, but it has some character building. Go straight for the third game, it lets you create your own char.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
^ None. The Quest is a simple single character rpg and that's about the best you can get. The rest are action mobile trash. I had one that has 4 character like an Eye of the Beholder clone but modern. Looks nice, but the gameplay is average and I completed it in a few sessions. You can get some real RPGs though like Baldurs Gate, Icewind, Final Fantasies, FFT, etc. But most of them play like shit on a small screen. I like FFT though.

TY, The Quest is on steam just FYI.

Are there any mobile rpgs that are crpg like and actually good? Besides the well known ones on Steam like Heroes of Steel, Templar Battleforce, etc, or the steam ones in general. Small handheld computer only I mean (or not on steam at least).
Give Tales of Illyria a try. It's not a hard game by any means, but it has some character building. Go straight for the third game, it lets you create your own char.

TY for the recommendation. Ill check it out now.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is mobile FFT nowadays? I had read that the port was horrible and there was no way to save in mission (and minimizing the game to do stuff like answering calls would reset the game state).

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How is mobile FFT nowadays? I had read that the port was horrible and there was no way to save in mission (and minimizing the game to do stuff like answering calls would reset the game state).
Graphics have bad filter, controls are horrible (UI is the same as PSX, they expect you to tap small icons/text), and I read that saves become broken like halfway through.

They haven't updated in years, so it's probably the same shit you read about.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Hmm I haven't got very far, only done the first few missions and it played well. The controls are fine because it lets you rotate the screen at any angle so it makes it easier to click a square. Hope the saves hold up...!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ossian Studio's the Shadow Sun is alright. Unfortunately an akshun game, but decent setting and writing, and combat's not exceedingly annoying.

Ossian Studio's the Shadow Sun is alright. Unfortunately an akshun game, but decent setting and writing, and combat's not exceedingly annoying.

Indeed one of the best RPGs on mobile. Having fun with Exiled Kingdoms getting closer to release version.

Trimis de pe al meu HTC One folosind Tapatalk

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Graphics have bad filter, controls are horrible (UI is the same as PSX, they expect you to tap small icons/text), and I read that saves become broken like halfway through.

They haven't updated in years, so it's probably the same shit you read about.
I play Final Fantasy Tactics on my phone, Id bought the Android version but don't use it. get a PSP iso instead. The fact that you can only save on the map screen kinda breaks the game when on the go. You don't need a flagship phone, but a low end device def wont emulate it well. And its easier to manage the ui with onscreen gamepad controls than trying to tap tiny buttons. Almost everything ported from psx or psp Ive found to be better over emulation than the android ports. These days they even have Wild Arms and JeanneD'Arc running well.

Mustawd

Dungeons of Legend: Underwell was recently released on Android. It's a single character dungeon crawler with a FPS view. You have the ability to play a Warrior, a Rogue, or a Wizard.

Dungeons of Legend: Underwell is a first person grid based dungeon crawling adventure. It is inspired by modern classics like Legend of Grimrock as well as older classics like Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master and Lands of Lore. Each level of this dungeon is hand crafted to provide the most immersive and complete experience. Explore, search, gather hints, solve riddles, fight monsters and find tons of loot and upgrades.

warrior-rogue-hud1.png

wizard-hud.png
tutorial-placig-items.png
Dungeons-of-Legend-Underwell-Skeleton.png
Dungeons-of-Legend-Underwell-Guillotines.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom