Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moderation team application

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Hello dear sir or madam,

I would like to apply to join the moderator team. The moderation job I am interested in is the "anti-pyramid quoting global moderator", my job would be to ban all those fucking imbecile retards that pyramid quote for no reason instead of just quoting the actual parts of the latest post they are replying to.

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica
We all know where this is going.

Also Fun Fact: XenForo disables quote pyramids by default. Every time we upgrade, I actually have to do a little hack to enable them.

:excellent:
Hello dear sir or madam,

I would like to apply to join the moderator team. The moderation job I am interested in is the "anti-pyramid quoting global moderator", my job would be to ban all those fucking imbecile retards that pyramid quote for no reason instead of just quoting the actual parts of the latest post they are replying to.

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Also Fun Fact: XenForo disables quote pyramids by default. Every time we upgrade, I actually have to do a little hack to enable them.
quote pyramid is such an interesting feature

this is going nicely
I would prefer some kind of limit to how many quotes can be displayed in the pyramid.
Like, if the nested quote count goes above 10, the oldest quote is automatically omitted, and the user automatically permabanned.
Although that might be a bit harsh.

Yes, way too harsh. And also difficult to implement (I hope).

It would be nice to get an alert when you quote yourself btw.
not necessary, i think it's better if... man i'm tired, i'll post the rest of my opinion some other time.

Ah, the rarely seen double-pronged pyramid. Interesting.
It's not a pyramid, it's a bactrian camel.

I refuse to participate in these shenanigans.

I wonder how this looks on mobile. At one point it used to get cut off in the screen cuz the formatting was all dumb.
It looks horrible on mobile. Stop sending me alerts, you cucks.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely
I would prefer some kind of limit to how many quotes can be displayed in the pyramid.
Like, if the nested quote count goes above 10, the oldest quote is automatically omitted, and the user automatically permabanned.

not necessary, i think it's better if... man i'm tired, i'll post the rest of my opinion some other time.

I wonder how this looks on mobile. At one point it used to get cut off in the screen cuz the formatting was all dumb.

Okay.

Mustawd

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely

Okay.

Haha. Holy shit. This looks awful. Planetar was right.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely

Okay.

I've already forgotten who I'm even quoting.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely

Okay.

The who or the why does not matter, only that you quote. Quoting is all there is.

That's some good advice, thanks... erm... whoever you were.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely

Okay.

The who or the why does not matter, only that you quote. Quoting is all there is.

Soooo how far can this go?
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely

Okay.

One more troll quote. Also since when is Jessica a male turkish name?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica
Just add this line to "my filters" in the ublock origin and you're set. 2018 and people still don't know how to use adblock...

Code:
www.rpgcodex.net##.quote > .bbCodeQuote.bbCodeBlock > aside > .quoteContainer > .quote

Alex

Arcane
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely

Okay.

Soooo how far can this go?
Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Hello dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your time.

With regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

this is going nicely

Okay.

One more troll quote. Also since when is Jessica a male turkish name?

I just wanted to thank Dark Underlord for implementing this feature for us. Yes, quote pyramids can be abused, but the truth is that sometimes it is best to have the whole context in your quote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom