Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

mods for vampire bloodlines?

Butcer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Im about to go play vampire bloodlines and i was wondering if there are not mods/patches that make the game alot better like the community patch for gothic 3 for example?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The camarilla edition is ok. I'd say the clan patch, but in retrospect some of the best parts of it came from CE and none of the worst parts (although there is good stuff on CQ not on CE).

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
There were some mods for the game but they are mostly cosmetic chances for existing characters or new clans to play. Though i remember one clan mod adding extra quest that differ for every clan.
You may want to try that but if this is your first playthrough, i wouldn't bother with them. Just get the Wesp's patch.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I remember I asked this question on some forum like 3 years back when I first played this game and it spawned all sorts of drama. At the time there seemed to be two competing fanmade patches and the guys who did them were originally working on them together, but then there was bad blood and they ended up being mortal enemies or something. It sticks out in my mind because I asked an innocent question and it blew up into this whole thing.

I can't remember which one I ended up using, if it was Wesp or the other one, but whatever it was it worked out fine.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Used Wesp patch because it got translation to potato made by one man:salute: no surpise that it's better than most turd throwed by official publishers.

Also I tried to find the graphic enchance mods/patches (I only accept better textures and higher resolution with scaled font) and all of them - including ENB - was nothing but SHINING.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I reinstall this on ocasion but never end up completing it, same thing with ToEE and Co8. Great games with good mods, but in the end, nothing new that would justify a new playthrough.

laclongquan

Arcane
1st play? You are in for a treat.

Either the basic bugfix version of wesp, or tessera's true patch. None of the mod. Just for a vanilla experience.

If you really must, you can fix so the girls' bosom get bigger. Or change the default body type into another character. Cosmetic only.

Then play a crazy Malkavian bitch. You can play male, but really, Malk is best played as female.

PLaying Crazy Malk female as a virgin Bloodline will drive you half crazy and WTF moments. Nothing can give you back that experience once you get it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
First playthrough with Malk could be tempting but could ruin experience of another.
First time with others to saw all dialogs in normal and then in crazy, Malk way sounds better.

Vibalist

Arcane
Wesps unofficial patch (without the added mod if you prefer vanilla, though the mod doesn't change anything substantial) is all that's needed. And don't pick Malkavian on the first playthrough, that one should be saved for later.

Glyphwright

And don't pick Malkavian on the first playthrough, that one should be saved for later.
Bullshit. Pick Malkavian on first playthrough to get the most enjoyment out of this game, then play as a normal clan (Ventrue or Tremere if you want a monocled character, though it doesn't substantially change the game in any case) to further appreciate the madness by contrasting it with normality. Finally, play with a Nospheratu to get the feel of being a supernatural creature who has to hide from the human race.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Another vote from me for a "normal" character for the first playthrough and Malkavian for the second. The game is great enough to warrant multiple playthroughs and playing a Malk after already going through the game will make you appreciate the craziness all the more. :P

VampireTheMasqueradeBloodlinesMalkavianStopSign.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom