Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
204c29adca.png

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Dead thread, dead game. RIP :salute:

Issue is that most of people like me already played game half a year ago on consoles. I hope G-expansion will come out at the same time for PC and consoles.

If it ever comes, that is.

In my opinion, they'd actually be better served adding more areas and bringing back old, familiar (or not, to newcomers) monsters. We badly need a water area and water monsters, both because the aquatic- and muck-based armor and decos are worthless trash that were left in despite Lagiacrus (and who knows what else) being cut from the final game, and also to add interest. A snow area would also be good, and would pretty much complete an "elemental collection" of areas.

Seriously, there are 2-3 areas in 1 zone of the game, and 2 monsters, against which you'd need Muck Resistance, the water mobility thing, etc., and those monsters are easy as fuck. It's so silly.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Dead thread, dead game. RIP :salute:

> logged in
> join online quest and browse all the available stuff
> then realized that I've killed all monsters like 20+ times each (solo and in group)
> and that my GS build is done therefore I don't need to grind for jewels
> quit game in disgust

This kind of shit never happened to me so fast. I'm not sure I will return to the game even if they add the G-rank.

This is not a complain because I got my money's worth but I'm not sure there is a way to save the end game. Yeah. Dead game.

Perkel

Arcane
Well i found myself lately loving Jaggras boots. Gives you skill which gives you ability to very quickly move with crouching.
Many people probably don't realize it but if you use it monster target you less or not at all despite fight being on.

Yesterday i was hunting Anjanath is wastes where Begel moved in i just crouched and did nothing they were ducking it out for like 10 minutes, Anjanath then moved away so i got to him made him angry and got him to follow me where i bring him back to Begel and even Barroth joined.

It was glorious, they were ducking it out while i was just enjoying the show for like another 15 minutes.
This kind of shit never happened to me so fast. I'm not sure I will return to the game even if they add the G-rank.

Low amount of monsters which is understandable for their completely new tech.
If it had old numbers you would be looking at 90 monsters instead of just 25 and 1/4 of those would be like waaay harder (due to g-rank).

I think with how MHW was so successful with MHW2G we should get around 60 or 70, because no doubt they will be throwing at it all their resources.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'd probably still be playing if I hadn't caught a cold. OTOH I've got a huge backlog of other stuff I want to play too, so maybe I'd have drifted off anyways.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You also have to grind for Tempered Investigations before you're even allowed to start grinding. I grabbed 134 Threat 2 Tempered tracks from A Simple Task event quest and received 13 investigations (10:1 ratio is pretty certain at this point), but this is during an event where 10 tracks are squeezed into a small region and you can repeat as often as you like. It's extremely dumb and a pointless, indefensible waste of time. You should be able to choose from a rotating selection of tempered fights from a special quest board category at any time. Grinding by fighting a bunch of monsters is one thing; grinding by trotting around scraping shit off the floor is quite another.

I'm at the point now where I killed a Pink Rathian in under ten minutes (after having to find it without guidance to the first track; it then flew off the instant I found it, even though it saw me), hadn't had practice fighting one in a while, got hit maybe once or twice and used not a single potion, and my build definitely isn't min-maxed by any stretch of the imagination. I don't even have augments or powerful decos.

The most challenging tempered fights are probably Tempered Teostra and a number of different Threat 2s, but if I can do them without augments and rare decos anyway, why grind for those things?

I'll probably continue doing a few fights per day anyway and experimenting with various weapons, and I most certainly got my money's worth, but yeah.

Perkel

Arcane
I hope for G-expansion they will fix gathering hub/village in multi.
I mean game already renders hunters in village is it is weird that they can't replance them with people instead:

FWGroTD.jpg

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I hope for G-expansion they will fix gathering hub/village in multi.
I mean game already renders hunters in village is it is weird that they can't replance them with people instead:

It's probably like that because they cannot into multiplayer cutscenes, and a bunch of cutscenes happen in the village. Or something equally trivial that was solved by other games a decade ago.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Errr.... I'm actually still playing this and having fun :oops: Probably because I'm totally new to the serie and, as such, less prone to suffer from the grind. I also still need to try 11 weapon classes.

I found a nice trick to keep farming tempered investigations. I grab any kind of Tempered Nergigante mission in the Elder Recess, I then merrily proceed on a double tour of the various resource spawn points. Doing this twice takes ~5 minutes. Nergigante is different from the other Elder Dragons, it mainly just goes back and forth in its arena, dumping literally dozens of tracks on 2-3 specific points. I then don my ghillie mantle, gather all the tracks (hilarious since I sometime need to repeat that animation dozens of time, without even moving) and kill the poor thing.

I have so many investigations that I started erasing all those with less than 3 purple rewards or those in which I can only faint once.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I grab any kind of Tempered Nergigante mission in the Elder Recess

Look at Daddy Warbucks over here with his MULTIPLE Tempered Nergigante investigations. Isn't he fancy, everyone?

Do you have to choose which among your several dozen Bentleys to drive to your Tempered Nergigante investigations, or does your manservant pick for you?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Are the investigations just based on number of tracks you'e grabbing? I was under the impression it was based on research points, so for example, dropping rocks and seeing turf wars with a tempered monster would have higher chances of giving investigations that picking up an old footprint.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Are the investigations just based on number of tracks you'e grabbing? I was under the impression it was based on research points, so for example, dropping rocks and seeing turf wars with a tempered monster would have higher chances of giving investigations that picking up an old footprint.

It's not a "cross this threshold and receive an investigation" sort of thing, I don't think, because occasionally you'll get two within a few tracks of each other. It's almost certainly a flat ~10% chance per track.

Turf wars, breaking parts, slaying/capping, etc. might have a higher chance of yielding an investigation based on the amount of research points received (example: a 90-point capture may yield a 45% chance for an investigation, since that's 4.5 times as many RP as a 20-point track; or maybe it's higher, but not directly proportional); then again, if that were true, you'd see investigations popping up every which way from broken parts. In my experience, investigations gained from breakage/capping/slaying don't come noticeably more frequently than 1 in 10.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, I got MULTIPLE, wanna get some crumbs, bitch?

:love: Respect.

Here, have some screenies. Mind you, last time I farmed was days ago:

ri1PMC9.jpg
phqFbLY.jpg

Edit: aaand I posted the wrong screenie. The second page in my resource center is full of level 9, just listen and believe please, cannot be arsed to upload another!

Are the investigations just based on number of tracks you'e grabbing?

You're indeed correct, or at least that's my impression. I'm pretty sure I got investigationd from breaking parts and using environment during fights. In any case just try the above, wait for one Nergigante investigation to show up, grab it and don't mind rewards or any other parameter. Start the quest and idle for 5 minutes or just gather things. Then, equip your Ghilllie mantle, find Nergigante and you're set! 8-10 minutes top will yeald a plethora of tempered investigations, just delete the one you do not care for.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Might as well farm your fill of HR30s from this special event, though, because Nerg only drops HR50s and those are shittier for getting decos (but better for streamstones or whatever).

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yes, I know. But this fucking game decided I have to either main Lance or Axe, since I have enough streamstones to augment half a dozen of those but untill now this motherfucker only dropped two ranged ones :argh:

I want second aug for Magda. I liek Magda :(

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
You should be very happy to have received Swagaxe streamstones rather than, say, Bored and Shield streamstones.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1697184294133629435

Status Update - Mouse Control Improvements

We will soon be releasing an update with new mouse control options for the in-game camera.
We will let you know once the update goes live.

The new control type is in line with the control standards for most PC games.
To change the controls, open up the in-game Start Menu, go to Options, and select the Controls tab.
Here you'll be able to switch between the different mouse control schemes.
If you wish to adjust the sensitivity, go to the same Options menu, and select the Camera tab.

Important: The latest version of MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD is revision number 152771. You can verify the version number in the top-left corner when you launch the game in window mode. Keep in mind that you can only match with other players who have the same update version as you.

If you have further questions, you can contact customer support at http://www.capcom.com/mhwsupport/

https://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hunter-world-pc-sales-have-exceeded-expectations/

Monster Hunter: World PC sales have 'exceeded expectations'

Following the release of Monster Hunter: World on PC last month, Capcom has stated that Steam sales have "exceeded the company’s expectations" in its full-year business forecast.

The game's PC launch was eagerly anticipated, following its huge success on console, and didn't disappoint—James certainly rated it.

Monster Hunter: World takes you to breathtaking locations and lets you hunt down monsters—the clue is in the title—through a variety of missions, all of which can be undertaken solo or with up to four other players. Even the grindy nature of the crafting system can be fun for some.

We already knew Monster Hunter: World was enormous on PC, given how many people were playing it at launch, and hey, maybe Capcom will consider releasing whatever comes next in the series simultaneously with consoles.

Thanks, Gematsu.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Now they just need to fix the rain and the texture loading, and the game will be working properly mere weeks after I've stopped playing it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Game looks interesting. Kinda like Dragon's Dogma. Can I climb monsters?

Yes and no. It's more like you have a chance to automatically latch onto them and perform a QTE of sorts; it doesn't feel as freeform as DD's implementation.

Is there any grinding in it?

aaf3df12b1.gif

Just a little bit. Just a bit.

It's mostly only once you reach the absolute endgame, but once there, it's full-blown cancerous garbage. It's on the order of drop rates of 0.2% for the good decorations (jewels you slot into equipment), and the pool is diluted by a bunch of junk decorations. Your odds of getting a specific decoration that you want from a given reward box are something like 0.01%.

Don't let that put you off though, as you can skip the post-game or use mods to make it less cancerous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom