Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The Kulve Taroth Siege quest Banquet in the Earthen Hall requires a party of 4.
The more parties join the quest, the higher the chance of completing it. When one of the parties repels Kulve Taroth, all players in the Online Session receive a reward corresponding to how many research objectives they completed during the siege.

Forced pubbing? Gross.
Picked this back up to try out the new monster. Did some SOS missions to look for the scales, had a great one with kushala in the forest where I finished it off with the dam while it was sleeping in the nest. Afterwards the host, who was chinese or korean, started to drop some sad faces and 'WTF?' in chat. Guess he got swept away and missed the loot. I'm helping!

Speaking of helping, I've been basically solo grinding through the kulve seige. Had some pubber tagging along at the start but he quit out of shame after carting twice and failing the mission in one of the attempts. So I just kep going at it solo figuring someone else would drop in eventually. Nope. People joined the server but never the quest. Just got to 6th progress phase or whatever and had to leave and do something else. If it didn't maintain my progress I'm just gonna find some full server and do it there I guess. The fight at the end is actually kinda fun, although hammers are garbage at hitting the stupid weakpoint that makes her vulnerable in the early phases. I tried my lance on on run but just got melted by lava breath since you can't block that shit or get out of it quickly.

Vorark

Erudite
https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1706196565368485311

Title Update: Lunastra arrives on November 22!

873b33506a1249af2f456de662246b24426937f5.jpg

On Thursday, November 22 at 00:00 a.m. UTC, we will release our fourth major title update!
Details will be posted at a later time.

Major New Content:
- Lunastra, a rare female Elder Dragon that litters the air with hot blue dust, arrives on Steam!
There are reports of her traveling with her mate, Teostra.
Her materials can be used to create new weapons, a unique armor set, and Palico armor.
After completing the game (at HR 16 or higher), talk to the Huntsman in Astera to start the Event.
- A new specialized tool will be added: the Temporal Mantle.
This garment nullifies damage from powerful attacks by automatically evading.

Major Additions and Changes:
- "DOF (Depth of Field)" will be added to the Advanced Graphics Settings. This feature allows you to enable/disable the functionality to adjust focus by changing the camera distance.
- "Vignette Effects" will be added to the Advanced Graphics Settings. This feature allows you to enable/disable shading of screen edges by adjusting the brightness between the center and peripheral areas.
- A preset function will be added to the Keyboard Settings, allowing you to save changes you made to the key configuration.
- On top of the regular "Default" Keyboard Settings, a "Default 2" option will be added for 5-button mouse controls.
- Various other additions and changes.

Bug Fixes:
- Fix for a bug where the custom radial menu stops working on keyboards after setting WASD keys for menu item selection under Keyboard Settings.

If the connection issues can be resolved before the title update, a patch may be released beforehand. A separate notification will be issued along with the patch to announce the fixes.

Important: The latest version of MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD is revision number 160018.
You can verify the version number in the top-left corner when you launch the game in windowed mode. Keep in mind that you can only match with other players who have the same update version as you.

For other questions, please visit the official MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD support portal below.
http://www.capcom.com/mhwsupport/

A DOF toogle? FUCK YES!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this game that modable?
texture/model swaps and such are easy like the fat handler one, this one seems to be pretty impressive with all those new effects

Looks lit af

Vorark

Erudite
Game looks much better with depth of field and vignette turned off. I've gained fps too, can now keep resolution on high and maintain 50~60fps even in Ancient Forest. :dance:

Jinn

Arcane
is this game worth pirating? i.e. is MHW actually worth playing without online?

Ultimately, I feel it's more fun playing with friends, or even random people online. However, it's still a great deal of fun playing alone.

mogwaimon

Magister
I'd rather play MH alone than with randoms TBQH. Half the fun with MH is learning the fights, having 3 other people murder the monster before the fight would even get heated up just feels cheap in comparison. With friends might be a different story but with the PC version networking problems and a lack of interest in my circle I haven't experienced that yet.

Jinn

Arcane
I'd rather play MH alone than with randoms TBQH. Half the fun with MH is learning the fights, having 3 other people murder the monster before the fight would even get heated up just feels cheap in comparison. With friends might be a different story but with the PC version networking problems and a lack of interest in my circle I haven't experienced that yet.

If I play with randoms, I generally join hunts and make sure their Hunter Rank is very close or on par with my own. This avoids the issue of overpowered players stomping monster before your eyes. On top of that, hunts actually become harder in a way, since the random factor of your partner's performance becomes part of the equation, resulting in failed hunts from fainting.

mogwaimon

Magister
Even with equal/close to equal hunter rank, having 3 other players around does, as you say, add to the randomness of the fight which makes the fight a clusterfuck and you don't learn as much about the fight as you would solo. It's just not my cup of tea, I did Dark Souls solo and without sunbro summons as well (though to be honest I didn't spoil myself and didn't even know you could summon NPCs to help during boss fights, otherwise Ornstein and Smough would have been a lot less frustrating)

Codex Year of the Donut
meh
it has all the hallmarks of every shitty japanese game: no real story, absolutely awful controls, bad PC port, terrible UI, zero explanation of how anything works
if you can get past that it's ...ok. Not sure why it's so popular though.

Vorark

Erudite
meh
it has all the hallmarks of every shitty japanese game: no real story, absolutely awful controls, bad PC port, terrible UI, zero explanation of how anything works

"No real story" -> storyfags never change.
"Awful controls" -> bitch, please. Even kb+m is decent after the alternate controls were patched in.
"Bad PC port" -> true enough.
"Zero explanation how things works" -> drowns the player into endless tutorials at the beginning.

:rpgcodex:

Codex Year of the Donut
meh

"Awful controls" -> bitch, please. Even kb+m is decent after the alternate controls were patched in.
"Zero explanation how things works" -> drowns the player into endless tutorials at the beginning.

endless useless tutorials that explain nothing and then drowns you in various icons vomited all over the screen without a single explanation as to what any of them mean

Vorark

Erudite
If your problem is with the weapon controls, there's an arena you can practice all attacks. There are even on screen button prompts if you're not sure how to pull a specific combo. Equipment crafting had decent tutorials from what I bothered to read, same goes for gathering materials. Everything else you learn by just... playing.

mogwaimon

Magister
meh

endless useless tutorials that explain nothing and then drowns you in various icons vomited all over the screen without a single explanation as to what any of them mean
I thought this site was for hardcore RPG players that are used to having manuals the size of a novella and navigating a bit of jank, not casuals who can't into simple explanations and context.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Downloads the game, in the day it came out.

''Alrigth, by tomorow morning I'll have the game fully downloaded and in about 5 days max, a crack will be released. After all, games that use the same Denuvo version of this one have already been cracked, so it shouldn't take long."

100 days later...

waiting+skeleton.jpg

After 115 days it was finally cracked...

Will try this shit tomorrow, since it's nighttime here now.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
meh

it literally tells you if you click them in inventory. same as icons in the map.

Emmanuel2

Savant

Game is pretty much playable solo compared to the rest of the series. If this is your first MH, it is probably the best entry point by far.

Played every mainline series so far but it's the only one that doesn't punish a solo player. (aka Not having to go through Guild Hall adjusted quests to experience 90% of the content)

It's also the only one where I experienced extreme content drought though. 70 hours in, completed the bow set and killed all the tempered Elder dragons at that time below 5-8 minutes each. Perhaps it's much better at it's current state (Kulve, Arch Tempered, Events and some such).

Since moved on to Frontier Z but it's for another day of discussion.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
did the devs ever fix the PC textures on this game? pc version launched without the "high" tier of textures present in the console versions, and instead the pc version's "full" setting is one step below.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Nexus Mods has a tool that decompresses the textures so that they show-up in game at maximum quality:
https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/46

Update 31.10.2018: Capcom has partially adressed the texture loading issue in today's title update (Kulve Taroth). Several reports indicate the issue still persists outside of the Astera hub. Hence why I will continue to update this workaround until it's fixed completly.

This is definitely not a proper fix for the problem and it might introduce other visual curiosities even if I haven't noticed any.
Currently adresses player, armor, NPCs, Palico and weapons.

Tested and working with game build 154766.
Use at your own risk! Play in offline mode if you fear a ban or whatever.

Note:
If you have installed texture mods for the above categories, rename your nativePC folder before running this. Then, after the steps below are completed, copy back the contents of that renamed folder to nativePC.
If you have to overwrite texture files in the process, those will likely suffer from the low resolution issue again.
I can't and won't guarantee compatibility with mods touching NPC/weapon/player/armor stuff.

How-to (First-time install & update):
1. Move WorldDecompress.exe to your game install directory (i.e. D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World)
2. Unpack all main WorkaroundData*.rar from the download section to your game install directory so that the *.cdi and *.cdp files are next to MonsterHunterWorld.exe and WorldDecompress.exe
3. Run WorldDecompress.exe and wait for a bit
(4. You can now delete everything called WorldDecompress_* from your game install dir)

Tip: You can install WorkaroundData independently from each other. No need to reinstall everything if a new one gets added. Just put the .exe in the directory as well as the *.cdi and *.cdp of the new WorkaroundData you want to install and run.

To get rid of the mod, just remove the nativePC folder. Or, if you have other mods installed, remove the files of this mod to keep the other mods intact.
If you downloaded this mod from anywhere but NexusMods, be wary of malicious modifications.

Enjoy!

---

Donations are appreciated: https://streamlabs.com/mhvuze
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mhvuze

---

Technical background: The game loads lower resolution mip-maps for some textures than it is obviously supposed to do under certain circumstances. This workaround forces the game to use the full resolution by editing the original texture file. Obviously, low resolution mip-maps exist for a reason, so visual artifacts may occur. Capcom unfortunately hasn't acknowledged this issue as of 23rd of August 2018 so I decided to release this workaround.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom