Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

sullynathan

Arcane
Welp, is it me or xeno'jiiva is really easy compared to other eldee dragon fights?

Teostra, kushala gave me harder time, hell bezelguese was pain af the first time i fought it.
Xeno is easy but a pretty good boss.

I hated kushala, died to him until I later learned that flash bugs ruled the day and his wind blasts were not that threatening.
at least to its defense, it is literally just a baby. I like in the first stage of the fight he just stumble around randomly attacking with pure instinct and brute force.

I kinda feel bad tbh, if they let it grow a couple hundred years it might have been a badass.
At the very least, he's more enjoyable than the other super large bosses.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Welp, is it me or xeno'jiiva is really easy compared to other eldee dragon fights?

Teostra, kushala gave me harder time, hell bezelguese was pain af the first time i fought it.

The "end game" elder dragon fights haven't been challenging since Alatreon. Now they make them so that anyone can finish the story with relative ease. Lots of people had problems with Gogmazios, but that was because they tried to play online with triple carters instead of just soloing it.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
In the winter festival thing (also on PC?), you can replay / get all the events / armor you missed.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DxVp_L8UYAAf3un.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
G-rank changes name. It will be called Master Rank.
Also explanation what is G stands for for previous games.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Eh, I never knew what the G stood for to begin with and don't care enough to find out. Names are entirely superficial.

Jinn

Arcane
Who the hell cares what it's called? We're getting G-Rank style content in Monster Hunter World (on PC no less) now pretty much without a shadow of a doubt!

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Who the hell cares what it's called? We're getting G-Rank style content in Monster Hunter World (on PC no less) now pretty much without a shadow of a doubt!
Cool if you don't care, but I and lots of people obviously do care. It was a goofy and unique name that just further enhaced the playful nature of the game. It was silly and we loved it. Master rank may be more functional but it is a hell of a lot more generic and dull.

sullynathan

Arcane
Things I'd improve in Monster Hunter: World
Technical stuff: Oddly there are two loading screens before doing any mission. You have the preparation you have to wait for before doing a mission and then the actual loading screen before entering the map. I would think the former exists because of online settings being loaded, but online settings still get loaded once you've entered an area.

I played on PS4 Pro but loading times can be quite long and a few framerate drops and what seems to be some input delay can be annoying.

It's really odd because if you've already entered an area and then you choose to start a mission in the same area, the game has to enter another loading screen to do so. The monster is usually already spawned in that same area and you can still hunt the monster so it's odd that this has to be done. Destiny, a similar game, doesn't do this.

Wishlist: Simple; Having only 6 items in your wishlist is too small for a game with such a large list of weapons. You should be able to have an unlimited amount of items.

Too Many Flying Wyverns. This is something that became apparent to me the further in I played the game (around 40 hours). A lot of the more powerful Monsters are flying Wyverns with some rather similar moves, it's not as repetitive as MH: Freedom, but so many of these divebombs do get tiring and the constant flying in the air (Legiana, Kushala Daora, Bazelgeuse) is less than optimal for melee users.

Multiplayer: I'd prefer if there wasn't a shared revive & money pool. I understand that it makes the game "harder" when you only have limited revives amongst your entire party and you are penalized in terms of how much money you earn as a group, but multiplayer is really harmed if you end up playing with a player or group of players far worse than everyone. Said player fainting in combat immediately cuts the monetary gain for defeating the monster (the amount you gain for defeating a monster is already split depending on how many players join the hunt and doesn't get changed if a player leaves) giving even fewer rewards than playing solo.

Having a revive mechanic would alleviate this problem, or giving each player one or two chances to faint and then fail the mission would mean other players aren't ridiculously penalized for it.

Monster health should be scaled depending on how many players join. Right now playing solo has Monsters with regular health. Playing with 2 - 4 players has monsters with twice their health bar, you have little reason to play multiplayer with only 2 people because the monster will have as much health as if you're playing with 3 or 4 people. Health should scale accordingly if there are less players than the full 4 players joining a hunt or if a player drops from a hunt.

If a quest had a full party of 4 and someone withdraws, no one else can join this quest. This should be rectified.

Increase Variety - This is one that will or should be coming in Iceborne, but this is called Monster Hunter not Dragon Hunter. These Monsters tend to be based on real life and fictional creatures and objects, it would be great if we have other type of animals like giant crabs, snakes, bears, etc. like the previous games.

All the limited time event quests should also be eventually part of the base game.

Best Monsters: Monster Hunter: World
  • Anjanath
  • Bazelgeuse
  • Deviljho
  • Lunastra
  • Nergigante
  • Odogaron
  • Rathalos
  • Teostra
  • Tobi-Kadachi
  • Xeno'jiiva

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

PC has no real load times to speak of.
Loading the area is to randomize all the stuff in the area that isn't guaranteed, like gathering spots and tailriders etc.
The shared mission loss is probably a holdover from all the previous versions where you couldn't drop in. It's better to have squads fail as a group than have one dude fail out and have to wait 20 minutes while his friends finish the hunt. Actually, this would be weird with dropping in during the mission too, since you could just join the hunt again. I suppose you could put a cap on how many people can join? Otherwise you could be a total douche and just let people join without risking yourself and guarantee getting all the rewards without doing any of the work. For that matter, it'd encourage people joining to be overly cautious. The current system encourages being aggressive since it helps keep your teammates alive.
Monster hp being doubled with two players is totally reasonable, since you have the cats as well. Adding more players also gives you extra traps, flashbombs, and makes party wide effects like boosters and healing powder more effective, so it's not like 4 players is just 4x more damage. You could make the argument 4x players should be harder than 3x but they probably want to encourage full size parties to keep downtime between hunts low.
All the limited time stuff repeats pretty often, and if it were always available it'd significantly lower participation in whatever the current event is. Making the events limited makes it much easier to reliably get a party during them.

I think one of the major changes I'd like to see is making the monsters chase you more. Currently they often decide to guard some random zone and refuse to leave it, which feels pretty retarded. I guess maybe you could use dung bombs or something? I only ever use those to split up monster parties. I just find it aggravating you can't really set up a trap and lure a monster back to it, which seems like a really obvious mechanic.

Perkel

Arcane
>The shared mission loss is probably a holdover from all the previous versions where you couldn't drop in.

If they remove that then there is nothing stopping anyone to constantly get new members to hunt for his stuff while he does nothing. Shared loss imho is good design and should stay.

The problem here is not that you are penalized for someone mistakes. The problem here is that people expect game for them to find friends and people will good skills and socialize.

Part of what makes MH so great IS multiplayer.
G-Rank will force people to discords to look for people who can actually do something and not just mash buttons.

Damned Registrations

Ugh, talking to people? That sounds worse than mudcrabs. I think I'll just grind for a billion years and use my limitless supply of consumables instead. Praise MHW for allowing infinite usage of farcasters and refilling all my items at camp.

sullynathan

Arcane
Perkel Damned Registrations Expeditions already allow you to just let people fight the monster for you without any consequence like failing or monetary loss. Here's the thing, I like co-op, but would like to earn my max amount of money from beating a boss instead of only 1/4th of it because I wanted to have more fun.

Monster hp being doubled with two players is totally reasonable, since you have the cats as well. Adding more players also gives you extra traps, flashbombs, and makes party wide effects like boosters and healing powder more effective, so it's not like 4 players is just 4x more damage. You could make the argument 4x players should be harder than 3x but they probably want to encourage full size parties to keep downtime between hunts low.
I want it to dynamically scale up and down, not scale up at a flat rate. If it's two of us, then double, then if it's three of us, triple. If a guy leaves, then make it go back down to double. I'm assuming the game should be able to do this since it can adjust when one person joins and keeps your palico, then adjusts again when three people are playing to remove your palico.

All the limited time stuff repeats pretty often, and if it were always available it'd significantly lower participation in whatever the current event is. Making the events limited makes it much easier to reliably get a party during them.
At this point I'm still waiting. I got the game around christmas, but I've only played Arch Kulve Taroth. Which is something that I didn't know was Arch Tempered Kulve until I searched online. That means I never fought regular Kulve Taroth and it also means I haven't fought any of the Arch Tempred Elder Dragons purely because of seasonal stuff. I can only hope when Iceborne is out, they will finally re-release all this content.

Efe

Erudite
kinda having a decent decoration collection now, which a rmor would work best if im too lazy to change per weapon and just want survivability instead of damage?
theres this armor from comission with 10 in each element, would that work or is there anything better later on?
mainly using GS, SnS, longsword and maybe heavy bowgun if everyone is already melee.

Damned Registrations

I'd say the things to beeline for for survival are health (rathian parts) and earplugs (bazel parts). Get both of those capped and you're pretty much unkilllable unless you play like a fool. A point of stun resist helps a ton as well. You can do way better than that in the long run but those two traits are easy enough to get.

Efe

Erudite
health boost is on helm and legs.
earplugs is on helm and legs.
how am i supposed to mix those two?

Efe

Erudite
i guess sound travels through air, air gets in through gaps in body.
asshole is the biggest gap?
cant come up with anything else

Damned Registrations

health boost is on helm and legs.
earplugs is on helm and legs.
how am i supposed to mix those two?
Get one of them on a charm, or some of either on a deco. You only need 3 points of health boost. My current setup has the 3rd level health charm and 3 pieces of vaal along with earplugs 5. Feels outright cheesy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom