Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Monster Hunter World - 'dexers new Dark Souls

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Perkel, Jan 25, 2018.

1. fork Savant

fork
    It's not lighthearted, it's infantile.

Also, lol@storyfag. The game already has a huge amount of cutscenes (are they still unskippable? Haven't played in a while), could as well be good instead of this banal shit we got instead.

^ Top  
  2. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    is the witcher stuff permanent like the FFXIV stuff? I don't have a PS4 with me now so I wanna play it later?

less than 2 hours of cutscenes in which most are monster intros isn't a huge amount. Monster Hunter in tone is nothing like that comic strip, it's not brutal and is very lighthearted in its portrayal of its setting.

yes there are skippable cutscenes.

^ Top  
  3. Efe Learned

Efe
    you start the game and have very little control for a good 40-50 minutes.
    you do what it tells you to do, watch unskippable cutscenes and try to decide whether you should refund.
    thankfully gets better afterwards

^ Top  
  4. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Yeah if i had to choose between old and new monster i will always chose new.
    Since MH3 most of their new monsters are clearly superior to older ones.

Nope, it is lighthearted.

Yes it is but for PC gamers it doesn't matter because there are already mods out there that enable those event quests i think.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM
    ^ Top  
  5. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I reached the endgame, I think. And it's more farming! Mostly Decorations and Augmentations. I assume G-rank gear will be superior to the current armor and weapons. Did it also include decorations in the past?

^ Top  
  6. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    They had decorations before, but in past games I never played High or G rank

^ Top  
  7. Emmanuel2 Learned

Emmanuel2
    Of the older games I've played, decor RNG weren't the endgame since every decor is available through grinding, but I'll try to recall and list them still with spoilers.

Show Spoiler

In FU, the endgame was about just the grind, there was no "padding" so to speak. Just regular monster killing to get better and harder quests until you eventually cleared all the hardest things. The best Decor and Weapons weren't locked behind luck unless you count droprate. Best sets are usually what you get, mixing set pieces is very, very hard and very rarely useful compared to full sets.

In 4U, the endgame was about getting the perfect Relic and perfect Talisman which can consume hundreds or thousands of hours, but most of it is on the latter. If you're looking to speedrun according to TA rules, you're shit out of luck if you want to do it "legit" by farming for a talisman unless you want to settle for a subpar time. Relic weapons are sometimes better than the crafted ones too but they're generally easier to get since the pool and variables are smaller, you can somewhat control what type of weapon drops too IIRC. True endgame quests are randomly generated Guild Quests levelled to max which scale beyond G-Rank.

In X, endgame was the same talisman hunt but has an added level 10 Deviant Grind which won't take a while to be honest. I haven't played XX (found X to be really easy and wanted to burn through backlog first), but I'd assume it's mostly the same but with GQ's making a come back.

In the latest 3 entries (4U, X, XX) before and including World, mixed sets were the way to go for the endgame including having all the decors you want readily available (except in World's case).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    They swapped decoration and talisman grinding in MHW. Before you'd farm talismans and craft decos. The thing is that deco farming sucks harder than talisman farming ever did since they always had some easy as shit quest that rewarded you with tons of talisman, not to mention that in MHG you could use bad talismans to meld them into potentially better ones. MHW has / had some quests that give decos but not in the same volumes as the talisman quests of before would reward you with. And unless you were a perfectionist you could make do with a talisman that was "decent". I feel the RNG decos were far more punishing in MHW.

^ Top  
  9. Efe Learned

Efe
    greatest jagras gives you decos by dozens, then you meld extras and get most of what you want that way

^ Top  
  10. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    End game in MH games is basically G-rank aka the hardest content and making new sets of weapons and armors.
    MHW doesn't really have that much of those so main focus in it is talisman crafting and decorations drops.

If you would want to craft all 130+ Great Swords and max them out in MHXX it would take you alone 200-500hours.
    1000s of pieces of armor and literally thousands of weapons to craft coupled with very very hard G-rank content is what MH players consider end game. Talismans and decorations rng is just additional part of it but not that important.

^ Top  
  11. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Making a Dual Blade of every element is what I'm doing right now. There's also some good armor from Kulve Taroth and Behemoth, but I dread the multiplayer part. Is anyone playing this with randoms and if so, how is it working out?

^ Top  
  12. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    It's fine. You can talk to randoms or leave messages. Usually, you'll find some decent ranoms if you enter a server with good parameters.

^ Top  
  13. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    I've done ~20 quests with randoms, it has mostly been smooth sailing except for one dude who carted twice and failed the quest because he was too stingy with health potions.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)