Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I need the following
-Zinogre
-Seregios
-Gore Magala
-Nerscylla
-Agnaktor
-Rajang*
*I'm not even a fan of this monster but he needs to be released in World just for the raw entertainment value of legions of casual shitters getting anally ravaged by him.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Rajang isn't particularly difficult. You're probably thinking of Apex Rajang, which was more bullshit and boring/tedious than challenging.

i have an ssd.
i lauched the game, went to the bathroom, washed my face, brushed my hair, took a piss, cleaned the toilet, washed my hands and when i went back the game was still halfway through loading. pretty the same for mission loading times.
is this normal?
also: am i retarded or is the character who can attack only on a straight line right in front of him and is unable to keep his shield up without turning his back to the enemy i've previously locked?
and i wish it had a more realistic... no, not even realistic, just believable approach to weapons sizes.
finally: when does the game become fun? bashing at the same dinofagaur for 15 minutes straight with just one frigging combo is not really my idea of fun.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Rajang isn't particularly difficult. You're probably thinking of Apex Rajang, which was more bullshit and boring/tedious than challenging.
I don't know about the other games, but he's literally the reason I stopped playing MHFU. I tried over and over and would always either get one shot by something during his rage or the timer would run out after chasing him all over the map and only being agressive for the 20% of the time he wasn't enraged.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I don't know about the other games, but he's literally the reason I stopped playing MHFU. I tried over and over and would always either get one shot by something during his rage or the timer would run out after chasing him all over the map and only being agressive for the 20% of the time he wasn't enraged.
Rajang is a shit monster. All you can do is take it cautiously with him, which isn't a particularly fun way of playing MH, but that's all you can do because one mistake will punish you. That said, Rajang hasn't been that bad for a long time now. It's only Apex Rajang in 4U where the memery started again. He's been toned down a lot over the years and would probably get toned down even more for MHW, just like how everything else got babbified in the game.

Perkel

Arcane
i have an ssd.
i lauched the game, went to the bathroom, washed my face, brushed my hair, took a piss, cleaned the toilet, washed my hands and when i went back the game was still halfway through loading. pretty the same for mission loading times.
is this normal?
also: am i retarded or is the character who can attack only on a straight line right in front of him and is unable to keep his shield up without turning his back to the enemy i've previously locked?
and i wish it had a more realistic... no, not even realistic, just believable approach to weapons sizes.
finally: when does the game become fun? bashing at the same dinofagaur for 15 minutes straight with just one frigging combo is not really my idea of fun.

Pirate version loads up forever though rest of game plays normally. Levels should load in seconds on PC version provided you don't have potato PC.

1. Depends on a weapon. Swords and shield can change easily attack direction but with something like lance you can't, once you start attack you are commited to that attack until animation runs out. So go and try different weapons.
2. I also thought like that but you quickly get used to it. If you want to get in without this issue try Sword and Shield
3. Game is all about trying to beat next monster not just one and the same monster over and over again. You do that only when you want to get gear from monster or you can't beat it. So just continue story.

Weapon combo. Weapon combos for each weapons are fairly limited compared to something like fighting game but in order to succed you need to understand them in what they do and when you should use them.

i didn't say "the same KIND", i said "the same". the very same beast. to kill one it took me 15-20 minutes of poking it until he ran somewhere else, chasing it and going back to poking. with extremely little input involved, it was just a matter of destroying the left mouse button.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The first couple monsters are fairly passive punching bags. Later monsters (probably around rathalos, depending on your skills) you have to be a lot more active about avoiding their attacks, and in the endgame they start introducing a lot of special mechanics like the monster building up an aura you need to break down before you can hurt it properly, or breaking body parts being really important, or some bodyparts regenerating, etc.

Also, people harp on MH for the goofy weapon sizes, but it's not as though clipping godzilla's toenails with a regular sized hatchet would be any less goofy. The whole premise of humans fighting 10 ton monsters is surreal, just accept that they're supermen with super weapons and move along.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The first couple monsters are fairly passive punching bags. Later monsters (probably around rathalos, depending on your skills) you have to be a lot more active about avoiding their attacks, and in the endgame they start introducing a lot of special mechanics like the monster building up an aura you need to break down before you can hurt it properly, or breaking body parts being really important, or some bodyparts regenerating, etc.

Also, people harp on MH for the goofy weapon sizes, but it's not as though clipping godzilla's toenails with a regular sized hatchet would be any less goofy. The whole premise of humans fighting 10 ton monsters is surreal, just accept that they're supermen with super weapons and move along.
There was some MH art book that expanded on some of the world lore, and it stated that the Monster Hunters were descendants of genetically enhanced supermen. Likely the Hunters who lived and fought during the Great Dragon War, which was caused by severe imbalance of people using up more resources than was sustainable, which angered the dragons and caused them to wage war against humanity, and one of the reasons why in Monster Hunter the guilds promote natural equilibrium above all else. Most of this is not really expressed in the games, so you're free to accept it as canon or not, however.

sullynathan

Arcane
No Barioth no buy
He's in Iceborne, I already posted a video of it.

i have an ssd.
is this normal?
What monster are you fighting right now? Jump in coop as soon as possible.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
My weapons are DB, SA, GL, and IG. The MOMENT I started dealing with that jumping hyper aggressive perma rage bullshit, I pulled out my funlance and he became a lot more manageable.

edit: I had another look at that poster with the flagship monsters that appear to be getting confirmed for world one by one. I see Gore Mag and Seregios on it, this is fantastic.

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
This sounds really cool. At this point Iceborne is turning MHW into a proper rival for MH3U, not 4U/GU yet though.

I finally started playing my 270 hour save of MH4U again the other day. The last time I played monster hunter was 3 years ago. I am absolutely horrified at how shit I am now. I'm triple carting g rank quests to ash kecha wacha and pink rathian at the moment. I used to be so good at this game :negative:, I never carted this much before. How do I obtain skill again?

Modron

Arcane
I never carted this much before. How do I obtain skill again?
Delete save and start over and by the time you get to 270 hours again you will be good again kek. I remember a couple racing games where I had to do this to regain competency.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I used to be so good at this game :negative:, I never carted this much before. How do I obtain skill again?

Lol, I know what you mean. Try to warm up by doing high rank quests.
That's my current plan. It's a good excuse for me to clear out all of the gathering hall quests that I skipped.

Question about MHG. If I never get a switch, is generations worth getting on the 3DS?

Vorark

Erudite
Question about MHG. If I never get a switch, is generations worth getting on the 3DS?

Generations lacks G-Rank and the monsters it adds/brings back to the roster (Barroth, Barioth, new deviants, Valstrax) and two new styles, I think. On the positive side, you can import your save to GU on the Switch, if you ever wish to get one.

As an alternative, you could also give a chance to the 3DS version of XX, the GU translation was backported and is easy to install, just a .cia file. There are codes to enable crossplay with GU players and unlock the fps, so it'll play like 4U. It's also playable on Citra, in case you don't mind emulation. Relevant info is in this thread.

Perkel

Arcane

Yes.

I have special version of Citra for MH games. I you want PM me.
I am playing right now MHGU on Citra so we can play together.

edit:

Game is even bigger than MH4U but it doesn't have story and it is frontloaded with crappy quests.
Once you get to high rank game is great.

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I want to start collecting the plushies, and now I'm finding out the horrors of physical goods and limited production. I bought a brachydios plush for my brother 4 years ago at 30$ and the only listings on amazon are fucking $760 now. Glavenus plushies are over 400. Any tips on finding plushies without paying an arm and a leg?

The Iceborne PS4 trophy list is now available:

https://www.exophase.com/game/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-psn/trophies/

Most notable revelations:
  • "Old Everwyrm" appears to be the focus of the story finale, and may be the final boss monster. The earlier "Elusive Elder Dragon" is likely Velkhana.
  • A new area (could be a full map or an expanded arena/dungeon) called the "Guiding Lands" is introduced after the story finale. The trophy icon is reminiscent of a Zorah Magdaros shell.
  • The "Evolving Ecology" trophy (which uses the Guiding Lands icon) mentions raising the level of regions, and an endemic life trophy is acquired after you "capture a hole-digging creature from every region".
  • "Ruiner Nergigante" is the second variant confirmed, and is encountered in the Guiding Lands. Slaying him removes the maximum master rank cap.
  • There's a trophy dedicated to hunting variant monsters 30 times, so it's likely there will be more than just Shrieking Legiana and Ruiner Nergigante.
  • A new "pendent" accessory is being added to the game, and the icon shows it being attached to a weapon.
  • "Treasure" is also being added, which can be found in all locales/maps.

Bonus info from a Chinese interview:

https://www.gamersky.com/news/201907/1207941_2.shtml

To summarize the main points

>While they won't say exactly how many monsters there are in Iceborne, they claim that the number will be "satisfactory"
>Iceborne story roughly equivalent to the base game in length if you don't rush
>"several" large free DLC updates, including new monsters reiterated
>Tempered monsters are still in, ideas for challenge content for Iceborne's postgame already exist but things like the return of ATs aren't determined yet, they will take feedback from players first, similarly to how they designed ATs after the base game's launch
>still more unannounced new gameplay elements
>no G rank versions for Witcher/XIV gear, as they would have to get special permission from collab partners all over again. Presumably also means no master rank Behemoth or Leshen at all.
>still lots more monsters left to be revealed, supposedly

Source - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/211368-monster-hunter-world/77900435

Vorark

Erudite
Oh great, more forced story. Hopefully you can feed that annoying girl to Tigrex.

Anyone here will play Iceborne on PS4 or you're all waiting for the PC version? Wonder if it's been delayed so people won't just data mine the game files...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom