Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Monster Hunter World - 'dexers new Dark Souls

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Perkel, Jan 25, 2018.

1. CyberModuled Educated

CyberModuled
    Along with MH's own in universe language and a bunch of others (Italian, Spanish, etc.), yeah JP is available. Not kidding, every single other dub available is better than the fucking atrocious English one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Vorark Savant

Vorark
    Glaveanus, eh? Ho boy, there's still hope for Zinogre and Brachy then. Bring all flagships! :bounce:

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    I could've sworn zinogre was on the list of leaked monsters that has so far been accurate.

^ Top  
  4. Vorark Savant

Vorark
    https://gematsu.com/2019/06/monster...n-plus-members-june-28-to-july-1-for-everyone

Tiggy! :love:

• incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    TIGGY IS BACK !!!

Can't wait for this raging asshole to show new players what rage is all about lol. I really really really hope that devs will do with him what they always shown with tiggy trailers: Non stop rage and non stop crazy pursuing.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    Tiggy was very fun in mh4u, plus he was my guard point trainer in mh4u

^ Top  
  7. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan

^ Top  
  8. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Fuck why did i click on this thread. Hate spoiling fun.

• (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan

^ Top  
  10. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Vorark Savant

Vorark
    Brachydios!

I wonder if all flashships shown in the most recent official render will actually be in. Would be a dream come true.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  12. Valky Cipher Manlet

Valky
    I need the following
    -Zinogre
    -Seregios
    -Gore Magala
    -Nerscylla
    -Agnaktor
    -Rajang*
    *I'm not even a fan of this monster but he needs to be released in World just for the raw entertainment value of legions of casual shitters getting anally ravaged by him.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Rajang isn't particularly difficult. You're probably thinking of Apex Rajang, which was more bullshit and boring/tedious than challenging.

^ Top  
  14. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i have an ssd.
    i lauched the game, went to the bathroom, washed my face, brushed my hair, took a piss, cleaned the toilet, washed my hands and when i went back the game was still halfway through loading. pretty the same for mission loading times.
    is this normal?
    also: am i retarded or is the character who can attack only on a straight line right in front of him and is unable to keep his shield up without turning his back to the enemy i've previously locked?
    and i wish it had a more realistic... no, not even realistic, just believable approach to weapons sizes.
    finally: when does the game become fun? bashing at the same dinofagaur for 15 minutes straight with just one frigging combo is not really my idea of fun.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    I don't know about the other games, but he's literally the reason I stopped playing MHFU. I tried over and over and would always either get one shot by something during his rage or the timer would run out after chasing him all over the map and only being agressive for the 20% of the time he wasn't enraged.

^ Top  
  16. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Rajang is a shit monster. All you can do is take it cautiously with him, which isn't a particularly fun way of playing MH, but that's all you can do because one mistake will punish you. That said, Rajang hasn't been that bad for a long time now. It's only Apex Rajang in 4U where the memery started again. He's been toned down a lot over the years and would probably get toned down even more for MHW, just like how everything else got babbified in the game.

^ Top  
  17. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Pirate version loads up forever though rest of game plays normally. Levels should load in seconds on PC version provided you don't have potato PC.

1. Depends on a weapon. Swords and shield can change easily attack direction but with something like lance you can't, once you start attack you are commited to that attack until animation runs out. So go and try different weapons.
    2. I also thought like that but you quickly get used to it. If you want to get in without this issue try Sword and Shield
    3. Game is all about trying to beat next monster not just one and the same monster over and over again. You do that only when you want to get gear from monster or you can't beat it. So just continue story.

Weapon combo. Weapon combos for each weapons are fairly limited compared to something like fighting game but in order to succed you need to understand them in what they do and when you should use them.

^ Top  
  18. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i didn't say "the same KIND", i said "the same". the very same beast. to kill one it took me 15-20 minutes of poking it until he ran somewhere else, chasing it and going back to poking. with extremely little input involved, it was just a matter of destroying the left mouse button.

^ Top  
  19. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    The first couple monsters are fairly passive punching bags. Later monsters (probably around rathalos, depending on your skills) you have to be a lot more active about avoiding their attacks, and in the endgame they start introducing a lot of special mechanics like the monster building up an aura you need to break down before you can hurt it properly, or breaking body parts being really important, or some bodyparts regenerating, etc.

Also, people harp on MH for the goofy weapon sizes, but it's not as though clipping godzilla's toenails with a regular sized hatchet would be any less goofy. The whole premise of humans fighting 10 ton monsters is surreal, just accept that they're supermen with super weapons and move along.

^ Top  
  20. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    There was some MH art book that expanded on some of the world lore, and it stated that the Monster Hunters were descendants of genetically enhanced supermen. Likely the Hunters who lived and fought during the Great Dragon War, which was caused by severe imbalance of people using up more resources than was sustainable, which angered the dragons and caused them to wage war against humanity, and one of the reasons why in Monster Hunter the guilds promote natural equilibrium above all else. Most of this is not really expressed in the games, so you're free to accept it as canon or not, however.

^ Top  
  21. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    No Barioth no buy

• Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Valky Cipher Manlet

Valky
    Oh I forgot one more, I want Seltas Queen in World. Holy fuck is that a fun monster in MH4U. 4 really added a lot of new monsters.

^ Top  
  23. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    He's in Iceborne, I already posted a video of it.

What monster are you fighting right now? Jump in coop as soon as possible.

• incline incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Valky Cipher Manlet

Valky
    My weapons are DB, SA, GL, and IG. The MOMENT I started dealing with that jumping hyper aggressive perma rage bullshit, I pulled out my funlance and he became a lot more manageable.

edit: I had another look at that poster with the flagship monsters that appear to be getting confirmed for world one by one. I see Gore Mag and Seregios on it, this is fantastic.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 4:46 AM
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)