Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Got to the coral map, and the textures and landscape there trigger me and have a hard time playing there.
If it's the bloom. Turn off the volumetric lighting, game looks much better without it, and use a reshade preset that brings down the overbearing contrast, I use this: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9586/

There are 3 like that in sfxlazy. Should give a toned down look. I had to do it as a Night shift gamer. You can also manually adjust the gamma, contrast, exposure values to control them further.

Perkel

Arcane
Got to the coral map, and the textures and landscape there trigger me and have a hard time playing there, so I got MH 4U.

What's the problem, is it the overbearing bloom? If so, Capcom reworked the color space for the base game with a pre-Iceborne update, many areas now looks better and won't melt your eyeballs off.

You should also give 3U a try, it's even slower and there are monsters that never made it to the sequels.

? So when game releases this will be applied to base version ?

Silverfish

Arbiter
What's appealing about this game anyways? Every time I try it, I uninstall within 30m of clunky combat and ugly ass art direction.

It's pretty dope, dude. You fight monsters and then realize you didn't get enough materials from them to make anything new, so you do it again. After 10 more fights you can finally craft some badass new weapons or armor so you can repeat the process with the next monster. Then you can dip into the multiplayer where people can't figure out simple concepts like "like the hammer guy hit the monster's head". This gets more enjoyable after 500 hours.

Vorark

Erudite
? So when game releases this will be applied to base version ?

Probably.

There was a huge "patch" to be base game right before Iceborne was released on the consoles, around 30gb. I use quotes here because it was actually the Iceborne expansion content coupled with tweaks and fixes to the base game. According to my PS4, MHW is now 50gb when it used to be 28gb and I have yet to purchase IB. So if you buy IB, it'll just unlock content that's already there. Capcom probably did it so people who already own IB can play with those who don't, ie. people who lack the expansion will see the new weapons and armors but won't be able to use the clutch claw or fight the new monsters.

The patch reworked weapons, added a new staggered state to monsters, new ways to customize the UI and a plethora of other things, including the reworked color space. It looks much better and the bloom has been reduced, althought not completely nerfed. You can check the patch notes here.

Maybe the PC version will even contain the latest updates, like the recent fix to the Guiding Lands leveling.

Huh, did Capcom low key reveal a new elder dragon? At the 10:23 mark there are two sets of Safi'jiiva armor...

sullynathan

Arcane
Huh, did Capcom low key reveal a new elder dragon? At the 10:23 mark there are two sets of Safi'jiiva armor...
possibly. They already said they will still update World with new monsters post-Iceborne and we just got Rajang and Stygian Zinogre today. In the video they reference the 2 year anniversary coming in January, so expect a new monster then.

Safi'jiiva has been introduced in the latest update (after Stygian is defeated), and may lead to another siege fight like Kulve Taroth.
It shares some of the mechanics from the Behemoth collaboration fight, like the enmity player lock on and a final attack that must be avoided, which worries me that this wont be balanced around solo play.

Official details will be released tomorrow, but there's plenty of footage available now if anyone's interested.

Vorark

Erudite
Safi'jiiva has been introduced in the latest update (after Stygian is defeated), and may lead to another siege fight like Kulve Taroth.
It shares some of the mechanics from the Behemoth collaboration fight, like the enmity player lock on and a final attack that must be avoided, which worries me that this wont be balanced around solo play.

Disappoiting then if true, Kulve, Behemoth and that Witcher monster were bullshit enough for people who enjoy to play solo. :|

Details on the developer diary Safi'Jiiva siege:
  • It's not clear if you can slay it in one go, or if it flees at certain points like Kulve Taroth, but you will eventually be able to slay it.
    However, unlike the Kulve Taroth slog, there wont be any passive moments during the siege, so it's one long battle.

• Instead of the crappy Kulve gacha weapons, you will now obtain new relic weapons that will always have the same base stats, but may vary by element or status.
    You're guaranteed to at obtain at least one weapon type that's the same as what you used to complete the siege with.

• Once obtained, you can use Dracolite (also obtained from the siege) to add up to five awakened abilities to the weapon.
    They range from basic stat upgrades like attack,affinity,sharpness,ect., all the way to monster armor set bonuses, similar to what the Lunastra weapons have.

• If you don't like any of the skills presented, you can store potential instead, which will increase the chance for better skills during the next upgrade.
    You can upgrade your weapon infinitely, until you acquire all of the desired skills (up to five) that you're satisfied with. Unwanted skills can be swapped out.
Still no word on multiplayer HP scaling, but the Recon introduction mission wasn't scaled, so there's some hope.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That sounds like a yuuuge improvement compared to Kulve. Trying to get a specific weapon from that boss is pure madness.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
doing kulve like tons burned me out of the game for several months. i got the full armor set and it's faboulous but yea. i am not doing that again ever.

The Decline

Arcane
doing kulve like tons burned me out of the game for several months. i got the full armor set and it's faboulous but yea. i am not doing that again ever.

I stopped playing right when Kulve Taroth came out because I didn't want to get burned out on it before content got beefed up.

Jinn

Arcane
I just want the Final Fantasy music to stop playing in my base camp (PC version).

It's damn near impossible to find people to do that Behemoth fight without them dying in the course of the regular fight, or not jumping at the right time during his meteor drop. It's the worst of the worst type of gimmick fight, and it's absolutely infuriating. Does anyone know if there's another way to just get the normal music back so I can forget about that fight forever?

Vorark

Erudite
I just want the Final Fantasy music to stop playing in my base camp (PC version).

It'll be gone once Iceborne drops. I had the music playing on my ps4 copy yet when the pre-Iceborne patch dropped it mercifully stopped and the normal tune returned.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I can't speak to Kulve Taroth's soloing like the video but it's perfectly possible to gain enough skill to do something like vid related, which I was able to emulate pretty closely in 3U after enough practice. The word autism is thrown around as a catch all "things I'm too lazy to dedicate the effort to" or "something that people have passion and motivation for" these days, which removes its effectiveness as a meaning for anything and just sounds stupid.

Vorark

Erudite
Even Behemoth and its extreme cousing are solo-able, it's just a pain in the ass since it doesn't follow the usual MH mechanics. I'll have an aneurysm if I ever read another line of "Behemoth cast charybdis." which not even the Kushala set bonus can negate. God fucking awful fight to solo.

:killitwithfire:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom