Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Perkel, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Alphard Educated

Alphard

Beware, of you liked DD combat, this will feel sluggish and clunky ( even it is not actually)
    The main factor contributing to this is that a lot of weapons have looong animations in wich you are stuck and can't regain control of your character until the animation ends.
    So one of the most important thing is timing and positioning. A lot of times you get hit you'll think you could do nothing, and whike that is true in that moment you saw the attack coming, the game is actually punishing your mistake you did 3 seconds before.
    If you think you can enjoy a more tactical and less "action" combat go ahead and buy it. If you want instant reactivity this game is not for you

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Iceborne is out in two days (for PC, that is). From what I've gathered so far it's pretty gud. Any reasonable objections to :takemymoney:?

^ Top  
  3. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    It can't be any worse than launch day MHW on PC... hopefully.

Probably gonna pick this up 4 to 6 months from now; enough time to fix bugs, add Rajang & Stygian and a small discount.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Steam exclusive with extra DRM from denuvo.

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Just released.

^ Top  
  6. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Regarding mods:

[​IMG]

Looks like the patch includes Iceborne even if you don't own it. I haven't bought it yet and the download is still 40GB.

• Rage Rage x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    hmm considering i don't actually like to play online in MH i think i will go for cheap shared account version without online. It costs like 4$

^ Top  
  8. Maggot Magister Patron

Maggot
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    OP should be shot in the head for the title of this thread.

Edit: Now it's better

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    ^ Top  
  9. Vorark Arbiter

Vorark
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1692722548349913114

Basically:

- Input stutter introduced by the Kulve update is still in
    - Longer loading times
    - Hammers the CPU even more
    - DirectX 11 + Windows 7 combination is borked

The usual Japanese-port syndrome.

^ Top  
  10. Palikka Arcane

Palikka
    This morning I was playing at around 60 fps and now after updating I'm getting 1-2 fps on the main menu. Fuck.
    :negative:

• decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. The Decline Arcane

The Decline
    Glad I decided to wait on this instead of D1P.
    What's your specs?

^ Top  
  12. Palikka Arcane

Palikka
    Kernel: 5.4.6-2-MANJARO
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    Memory: 15941MiB

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Yeah, that's about what I'm running too. Glad I decided to hold off on buying Iceborne for a couple months. Pretty unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Maggot Magister Patron

Maggot
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    It's an unwritten rule that whenever Capcom starts doing something that pleases fans they have to do something retarded in order to maintain the balance.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    Probably still going to be at least 3 months until I begin legitimately considering downloading this due to waiting for patches and dlc that always comes from MH games.
    The most important thing however, for longevity in order to be able to archive a definitive copy of the game that I can always reinstall and play offline independently, is to have a download/mod that someone archived all of the timed exclusive stuff in. I want to be able to do kulve taroth and all quests ever released without any regard to the current year. Also interested in having access to those timed exclusive festival events. Is there a mod or download that holds all of these things?

^ Top  
  16. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    There are mods already to get timed exclusive stuff. Though it is wonky at times.
    Kulve Taroth fight is either way shit and no one loses anything by not doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    You don't understand. I have to fight Kulve Taroth. I own the plush.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    DMC V and resident evil are great ports. why do they screw up with monster hunter?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    My full plush collection right now, minus kulve taroth:
    Show Spoiler

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    oro puppy is cute

^ Top  
  21. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    spicy pickle took some work to track down a seller for
    don't enter the plushie market, it's unforgivingly competitive, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a glavenus for less than a few hundred dollars

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Primordial Ruination Educated

Primordial Ruination
    You may already be aware that both Kulve Taroth and Safi'jiiva have non-scaling HP bloat, along with mechanics that highly encourage multiplayer, but I'm going to go through the motions for everyone else not in the know. All of the 'sieges' that World/Iceborne have introduced have been varying levels of shit so far, especially if you're forced to play with random people who can either be competent or massively retarded (nothing in between). I'm not going to bother detailing Behemoth or Ancient Leshen.

Kulve Taroth is a massive slog either way, solo or multiplayer, as you have to gather tracks first to raise the pursuit level while also focusing on breaking her parts (more easily done after raising the pursuit level).
    That's right, you need to sniff her fucking tracks and forgo fighting her at the beginning if you want the siege to progress, as choosing to fight her as she waddles away will take even longer.
    You don't even properly fight her until the higher pursuit levels (can't slay her/only break off her horns), so if you're really going to brave it solo, prepare to call it quits after several long and boring sessions.
    Her relic weapons are also obsolete with Iceborne's introduction, and the promise from the developers to give them further use in Iceborne hasn't been actualized yet.

As for Safi'jiiva, aside from the non-scaling HP bloat, its fight mechanics are also geared towards multiplayer, and can be very annoying/time consuming if you only have your cat and no other players to divert his attention.
    It's at least more engaging than Kulve Taroth, but it's also another fight you cannot complete in a single run. Each session is capped at 20mins, so you'll likely spend over several hours solo just trying to slay it once.
    Safi also uses the enmity mechanic from Behemoth, so solo players will constantly be targeted by its attack flurries, which are designed to help other players deal more damage while the target tries to survive.
    At least the relic weapons (less RNG than Kulve/also customizable) and armor are nice, but it's still another shitty siege design that doesn't take solo play into account at all.

Maybe everyone will get lucky with a magic mod that drastically revamps both fights, removing all of the bullshit, but unfortunately they're both over-tuned for multiplayer by design.
    It's a sad and shitty trend, and certainly not the Monster Hunter of old.

P.S.
    Valky,
    The video you posted of the solo Kulve run is not as easy or achievable as you may think. Disregarding the skill involved:
    1. They're using a Kulve relic weapon, which means you'll need to successfully complete the slog fest first, and even then you're not guaranteed to get the most optimal weapons. Unless you're willing to beat the RNG...
    2. The pursuit level is already level 6, which means they've crawled through level 1-5 with who knows how much time spent. This was set up as a speedrun showcase.
    3. Their setup uses several rare decorations, which you may never acquire with several hundred hours of play. Of course any sane PC player will simply 'gift' themselves with every decoration needed, but if not, prepare for RNG hell.

If you still go through with it, and somehow enjoy Kulve Taroth's waddle/gacha simulator, then more power to you. But for everyone else, stay away unless you want to get burned out and bored early on.

^ Top  
  23. Valky Arcane Manlet

Valky
    :decline::decline::decline:
    This is immensely upsetting to me. I absolutely loved soloing Dire Miralis, Ceadeaus, and Dalamadur.

^ Top  
  24. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Fought pukei pukei on g rank and i used about 6-7 antidotes which never happened to me. Those extra changes in movesets don't look like much but they are pretty effective. Also they gave him extra tongue slurp for those jummy scaternuts. It no longer flies off to tree and is sitting duck in air but it happens almost instantly where it stretches its tongue like chameleon.

^ Top  
  25. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    lol people use dlc unlocker to play iceborne because dlc is already in patched game.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)