Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News More Fallout: New Vegas Info

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
And the companions sound like they'll be fleshed out more than 'sure, I'll hang with you' and that's it.
Dunno, I kind of liked that most of the party members in Fallout 1 were just normal merc tough guys who had what it took to survive in the shithole wasteland and joined up for the action, and not a bunch of emotional bags full of issues for you to put up with.

Fat Dragon said:
And the companions sound like they'll be fleshed out more than 'sure, I'll hang with you' and that's it.
Dunno, I kind of liked that most of the party members in Fallout 1 were just normal merc tough guys who had what it took to survive in the shithole wasteland and joined up for the action, and not a bunch of emotional bags full of issues for you to put up with.

Well, at the very least I can hope they avoid the companions utterly breaking the logic of the endgame like in FO3.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Clockwork Knight said:
edit2: I'm disappointed they're still going with the loose FO3 design of the Vault Suit. I was hoping to see the tight design from the originals again.

I think it would look weird in 3d. There was a mod for it, can't find the pic now but it looks more or less like this

zss01.jpg

yeah... that looks too plastic but how about something like this: http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... 06#1061006 ?

Radisshu

Prophet
Xor said:
StrangeCase said:
"Fallout: New Vegas adds something from Fallout 2 as well - special dialogue options for characters with low intelligence.
"Obsidian decided that instead of having dumb characters speak caveman-like gibberish, however, that limited intelligence would manifest itself by having characters regularly miss the point of things. 'When there's a line that shows a bit of higher intelligence, your character just botches it and says something really dumb and doesn't get it,' says project lead Josh Sawyer. 'That way, we can tailor it a little more, so we're not simply rewriting every single line of dialogue with a dumb version. When it's called for the player says something extra dumb and the character responds to it. Sometimes it affects you negatively, sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it actually has a positive outcome.'"

Fucking :decline:

What? I thought that sounded pretty good. The caveman thing was too over the top.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Xor said:

no. you and every other cunt who's been complaining about features not being in Fallout 3 and then complaining once they've been reported in for NV. how is that description any different from the low INT system of FO2? or are you one of those "there is no FO2 only FO1" retards?

god i hate some of you more than i hate being forced to fuck your moms every night.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
or are you one of those "there is no FO2 only FO1" retards?

Dialog for stupid characters was in FO1 too.

What is supposed to be in NV seems reasonable, though one can't help to be amused how they try to make it sound somehow better, when it seems to be pretty much the same thing gameplay wise.

Well, being the same thing doesn't mean it can't be better, since it sounds like it means you can be just dumb instead of a complete retard who can't speak properly. Having both would be real nice, though (int 4 or 3 = dumb guy, int 2 or 1 = drooling tard)

Texas Red

Whiner
Fat Dragon said:

Van Buren companions looked like they're full of win:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren_companions

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
TwinkieGorilla said:
Xor said:

no. you and every other cunt who's been complaining about features not being in Fallout 3 and then complaining once they've been reported in for NV. how is that description any different from the low INT system of FO2? or are you one of those "there is no FO2 only FO1" retards?

god i hate some of you more than i hate being forced to fuck your moms every night.

Go ahead and keep making assumptions about my opinions if it makes you feel better about yourself.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Xor said:
Go ahead and keep making assumptions about my opinions

ok. i assume you said "fucking decline" because you genuinely want to fit in.

if it makes you feel better about yourself.

no need. my ego couldn't possibly get any bigger.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't really give a shit about fitting in. The point of stupid dialog isn't to reward the player. Low intelligence should be crippling.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
TwinkieGorilla is the biggest faggot since Mantiis stopped posting. Fucking seriously.

Dark Individual said:
Fat Dragon said:

Van Buren companions looked like they're full of win:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren_companions

Hanged Man sounds like an interesting companion. He'd certainly modify how you played the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom