Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware more information on Bloodlines visual style

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I need more information on VtM Bloodlines visual style, i.e. the amazing neon signs, lampposts, clubs, random pedestrians etc.

Furthermore, how well does it fit into an isometric view? Obviously here 3D models are necessary. Prebaked sprites don't play nice with fancy lighting. Shadowrun has/had some instances of good lighting but it was cheapened by Unity-quality models at other places.

I'm not a liberal arts community college fucktard, nor will I be. Give some basic analytic information so that I may look up more stuff, please.

A friend offered that I can bounce some gameplay ideas off him, and to playtest. There's no point for hyping since there's no working prototype yet.

-foo

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
A little off-topic, but do you mind enlightening me what exactly are Unity-quality models?

And on-topic: what kind of information do you actually need? How was it made? What was it inspired by? Please be more specific.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Wait, what? You insult the same people who you're asking a question towards? I get this is the codex but when it comes to game development, not being a dick is the best strategy.

ortucis

Prophet
I have no idea WTF is the OP asking for exactly.

In isometric view you can use pre-baked sprites and fake the lighting around neon signs using opacity/alpha channel for the textures.

Also, "Unity-quality" models?

Leshy

Educated
Uhm... But what kind of information are you looking for? You can easily play the game take screenshots and have tons of reference material.
And for isometric view... Why wouldn't it fit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom