Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind enchanting

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
The XP. Are you using a mod or something? There is no KXP in Morrowind.

Severian Silk

Doh! Stupid question... Sorry.

I did read in a guide that having human companions robs you of skill growth if they do most of the actions. Wasn't sure whether this applied to summons also.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Don't enchant.
It breaks the game (no, not bugs, it's just not balanced at all).

Dude, who the fuck cares. The game is easy as shit anyway. I killed Vivec with an Unarmed character with nothing but his bare fists and the prisoner pants that you start with. There's nothing you can do to not break the games balance. If you do it with clever use of Alchemy and/or Enchanting then at least you can say that you deserved all the power you got.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sure, might be true.
Only tried to play this once and I managed to break it so fast that it wasn't even funny anymore.
But at least I found Caius Cosades before giving up. :obviously:

Wayward Son

I mean, if you don't fight, they will rob you of skill gains. But as a Mage, skill gains are relatively negligible, especially for weapon skills.

Severian Silk

When making constant effect enchantments, do I need to set both the minimum and maximum effect? Or just one of them?

Wayward Son

You set the minimum for the minimum roll and max for max roll. In DnD terms, if you want a spell to do 1d20+5, you set it at min 6 max 25. Understand?

Severian Silk

I understand that. But do you need both when making CONSTANT EFFECT enchantments? Because they never get cast.

Wayward Son

My bad. If you make a CE enchamtment, it rolls when the spell is cast (meaning when you equip it) making it so you can set min at say 10 and max at 30 and roll a 20 for until you I equip and equip again.

madrigal

Augur
Don't enchant.
It breaks the game (no, not bugs, it's just not balanced at all).

Or buy or sell things, or steal, or bribe people, or use alchemy or the spell maker or train skills and don't talk to mudcrabs.

Severian Silk

I enchanted a ring for a lot of money. Isn't that money supposed to appear in the NPCs barter screen? I know it worked this way in the past. I'm in Balmora Mage Guild.

[edit]

Exiting the game and reloading fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bethesda must've realized Enchantment is borked, that's why they hid away the master trainer and made him hostile in case you managed to find him.

Just drain your enchant down to 0 for a second, you can train with anyone who trains enchant for dirt cheap.

Morrowind is so full of exploits that stunts like this just end up hurting normal players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom