Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind, looking back, is at best a 4/10 game.

MWaser

Arbiter
I feel as if some posts have been deleted from here. How bad was the shitposting if it doesn't even pass by codex standards?

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel as if some posts have been deleted from here. How bad was the shitposting if it doesn't even pass by codex standards?
Was nothing but a huge troll bait. I'll be more careful next time. Anyway..

I was talking about how the people who cry about getting the right multipliers on level ups is tedious/difficult did not know better, for it is outright unnecessary to attempt doing something like this in the game to succeed.

Perhaps I didn't word myself in the best of ways, but my intention was conveying that in spite of the game being easy to abuse, the new players are not aware of it and thus waste time and effort with pointless minmaxing and skill training

Yeah, powergaming and abuse enchant and alchemy is amusing in Morrowind. But since it kills every bit of challenge I don't have motivations to explore or doing anything but goof around.

I think the design ideas behind the skill development system was meant to(or attempt to) reward a playstyle focused on exploration/hunting/thievery..... well doing activities Morrowind has to offer. So in theory you go to an adventure learning a few (or a lot if melee) by ur own in your travels, find loot or steal stuff and then pay the local trainers to reinforce your main and minor skills. Instead of spamming abilities or bunnyhopping all across Vvanderfell to get desired multipliers.

But The lack of a retroactive attribute growth endorse more powergaming than the conventional playstyle. The worst offender is endurance, followed by all the potential multipliers you may lose after exceeding the 10 points limit before level up. For me is a design flaw.

But again, as you said, the game is easy enough to not care about optimization.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
worst thing about morrowind: how bland and boring the world was

2nd worst thing about morrowind: the combat

Space Insect

Arcane

MWaser

Arbiter

Nothing is perfect, and you can name plenty of both objective and subjective issues with virtually anything.

It is just that focusing only on pointing out the negatives will make everything seem shit. And make the people doing so appear biased at the same time.

Space Insect

Arcane

Nothing is perfect, and you can name plenty of both objective and subjective issues with virtually anything.

It is just that focusing only on pointing out the negatives will make everything seem shit. And make the people doing so appear biased at the same time.
I do personally have my own qualms and issues with Morrowind combat and various other systems on the game. It is definitely far from perfect, but how can you seriously call the world bland and boring?

DraQ

Arcane
worst thing about morrowind:
threads about it attract certified
shitposter.png
s
Fixed.

MWaser

Arbiter
I do personally have my own qualms and issues with Morrowind combat and various other systems on the game. It is definitely far from perfect, but how can you seriously call the world bland and boring?
I can definitely see why some could have issues with the world in any of the TES games, in comparison to smaller game worlds in some other games. Nevertheless, personally I do not think so, and I was just pointing out the basic fact without attempting a direct rebuttal, as I am not looking to argue with this guy personally.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How exactly is an exciting and amusing world then? Vvanderfel has diverse regions and bioma (red mountain,bitter coast,archipelagos etc.), the critters spawn quite often to the point of being annoying sometimes (compare this with the laughably low spawns in Skyrim and Oblivion). The dark brotherhood even ambush you from time to time ( it's a shame they stop being a threat after raising your primary offensive skill decent enough). A world plentiful of cities,lore and creatures It's not bland at all. Boring compared to the smaller but unforgiving Gothic's world (whom do a remarkable job in making you feel vulnerable)? Perhaps, but definitely not bland.

MWaser

Arbiter
How exactly is an exciting and amusing world then? Vvanderfel has diverse regions and bioma (red mountain,bitter coast,archipelagos etc.), the critters spawn quite often to the point of being annoying sometimes (compare this with the laughably low spawns in Skyrim and Oblivion). The dark brotherhood even ambush you from time to time ( it's a shame they stop being a threat after raising your primary offensive skill decent enough). A world plentiful of cities,lore and creatures It's not bland at all. Boring compared to the smaller but unforgiving Gothic's world (whom do a remarkable job in making you feel vulnerable)? Perhaps, but definitely not bland.
The problem I believe many/some people have is simply the fact that you have a lot of "superfluous" locations (random caves and egg mines that don't really have anything in them), the not less superfluous but similar enough to feel repetitive locations such as Dwemer ruins, combined with the fact that most people don't actually care about having things like archipelagos etc. because as far as they're concerned, locations like these only make gameplay more irritating.

I do not share the sentiment, as I find Morrowind's world pretty decent, with perhaps the most annoying parts being that island where Dagon Fel is, if only because its geography makes it a pain in the ass, and the quite boring ashlands. It is certainly better than the even more repetitive shit in every other TES game, where they managed to fuck up everything and amplify most bad aspects tenfold.

Sjukob

Arcane
I find Morrowind exploration as fun as exploring Wikipedia with pages having a random chance of oppening .

Leitz

Learned
Morrowind exploration? You're running around boring landscapes killing the same enemies. I whished I knew how to have fun with this game.

Nyast

Cipher
Really had to revive that thread ?

Anyway, looking at the OP, he thinks MW is shit but he played 400 hours. I think the moral of the story is that he enjoys eating shit.

Habbonovio

Educated
Is this the new Morrowind appreciation thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom