Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind modding thread

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got both Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Are there any other?
This actually makes me want to instal Morrowind. Would love to have cool armor and own the peasant guards right from the beginning. :popamole:

Without the proper training is Soviet Morrowind guards will own you; but armor was nice to sold and buy the lesson from guild trainers; gear is not big problem given that Imperial Legion gives you decent set after the first post you serve in... but you better not live cities without atleast 50s in your combat stats.

catfood

AGAIN
Ever tried to swing anything relatively heavy?
Just asking.
Swinging something relatively heavy would tire anyone much more than it does a character playing in vanilla Morrowind, if thats what youre getting at.

EDIT: that is if youre playing the simulatard card

DraQ

Arcane
Maybe theres a mod for that.
Seriously, it would be great to have both MW and DF style stamina:
MW for basically measuring if you're winded at the moment, DF for measuring accumulating daily fatigue and forcing rest.
Basically you have 1 big fatigue bar that is slowly draining on its own and small one that is only drained by actions and stuff, but continuously replenishes itself from the big one.

As for the food, Requiem's solution would be best (eating in combat doesn't work).

Then you didn't have the expansions installed. Or the one expansion that brings in that quest. It's telling of Bethesda QA that they didn't stop to consider how the expansion would affect new characters. What's even more fantastic is that they did it again with Skyrim - you have the Cultists attacking you very early in the game if you have Dragonborn installed. At least they don't drop anything spectacular.
At least Cultists attack you in more or less narratively appropriate moments (they already have a reason to attack when they do), while the DB is apparently derping around in steampunk tactical gear stabbing hoboes.

Morrowind is better than Skyrim but both Skyrim and Dragonborn are better than MW's expansions.

Pearl diving! Still not out of the starter village area :D
Just don't do anything clearly broken and power/meta-gamey.

What's your build?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Pure mage - Magic / Intelligence & Willpower / All magic skills as major, other magic skills as minor plus unarmoured and short blades.

I cleared out two ancient gravesites near the starting village and found a underground grotto filled with pearls. I think I'm done with this area now.

DraQ

Arcane
Pure mage - Magic / Intelligence & Willpower / All magic skills as major, other magic skills as minor plus unarmoured and short blades.

I cleared out two ancient gravesites near the starting village and found a underground grotto filled with pearls. I think I'm done with this area now.
Did you find the missing taxman?
How about certain constant effect ring?

I presume you're using default mage build? (It's ok.)
What race and sign?

catfood

AGAIN
I would have picked blunt as a minor weapon skill for using staffs, a much more mage-like weapon. But short-blades are generally good weapons. If you can get your hands on a Dwemer Jinx blade at low levels youre in business.

DraQ

Arcane
I would have picked blunt as a minor weapon skill for using staffs, a much more mage-like weapon. But short-blades are generally good weapons. If you can get your hands on a Dwemer Jinx blade at low levels youre in business.
A good reason to use blunt is that there are some staves with good enchantments, so if you are to carry one, you might as well be able to bash someone's head with it.
An even better reason is the Mace of Molag Bal which is the only way you can steal someone's magicka in unmodded game.
If you happen to be Atronach-born, it's a complete game-changer.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

You didn't hear any interesting rumours worth checking out? Granted, they are easy to miss among the wall to wall encylopedia text that is generated when talking to NPCs.

Gentle Player

Arcane
I think the most important mods for anyone are, firstly, the mod which makes endurance benefits retroactive and, secondly, something to alter the absolutely bonkers attribute level-up system. For the latter, many recommend Galsiah's system. Have not tried it myself, but apparently it's a complete overhaul that revamps the entire system. I quite like the Madd Leveler for a more vanilla experience, wherein the balance of character progression is roughly the same as in vanilla but one doesn't have to worry about getting the multipliers before leveling up - they just come naturally as you raise skills.

I think graphics mods are useless as the game looks marvelous as is (and some mods that I have seen actually make the game look worse), but to each his own.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Did you find the missing taxman?
How about certain constant effect ring?
You didn't hear any interesting rumours worth checking out? Granted, they are easy to miss among the wall to wall encylopedia text that is generated when talking to NPCs.
Yes to tax man and ring. I heard a rumour about it and since the tax man and the smugglers cave were so close, I figured it must be really close as well. Almost lost hope but luckily a Mudcrab tried to run away from me and accidentally led me right to the door :D On the way back I stumbled over the other mausoleum.

I presume you're using default mage build? (It's ok.)
What race and sign?
I made a custom class since the default mage build didn't have short-blades. I didn't realize that blunt weapons would have been better with staves, oh well, I'll survive. I'm not planning to use weapons much anyway.

Almost went with Altmer but the weaknesses scared me so I went with the boring but safe Breton. Same logic with sign: The Mage.

I'm trying to avoid looking at walkthrough and guides so we'll see if I stumble across it. Most likely not.

Wait for open source morrowind with blade of darkness combat added.
As if that would run on my laptop.

Photokoi

Learned
:hmmm:
the brotherhood assassination delay mod

LOLOLOLOLOLOL:rpgcodex: why would you delay that? Plus, just including that is such a spoiler. Besides, that assassisnation was awesome because you didn't see it coming. Why change something the developers intended?

Photokoi

Learned
I don't recall the assassin being that big of a deal to kill, then again, I haven't played in a while. Besides, the armor was pretty sweet to get even if it was some of the best in the early game. I see the whole thing as a sort of easter egg.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
j3uJvFv.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am reading through the fatigue mod notes...

Weapon swings are now much more tiresome based on weapon weight. (Missed swings cost nothing.)
How silly is that?
The fatigue cost comes from usage. It should not matter if something was hit or not, at all.

Perhaps he's trying to remedy the situation where an early game fight lasts an hour because A) you don't have enough stamina to attack often and B) your low skills make you miss a lot.

I don't recall the assassin being that big of a deal to kill, then again, I haven't played in a while. Besides, the armor was pretty sweet to get even if it was some of the best in the early game. I see the whole thing as a sort of easter egg.

Getting the second best light armor in the game (or 1 million bucks if you sell it) during the first five minutes of gameplay off a weakling assassin that dies in one hit is fucking retarded as all hell. Easter Eggs are generally out of your way.

Why change something the developers intended?

That's the entire point of a mod.

Magicka regen mods?

Why don't you just install the "I win button" mod?

2002may_mwgame_dialogbox.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom