Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind modding thread

Crevice tab

Savant
Anyone actually played that hueg Tamriel Rebuit? Are there actual interesting quests or dungeons to go through there?

Yes. There's plenty of truly awesome dungeons. Not so many quests but the few that are implemented are good- they keep the lore and atmosphere of the original intact while adding extra complexity and interesting stuff in general.

Yeah, I'm curious about TR as well. It's been a long time since I played MW, but back then it was mostly just the landscape without many quests implemented. I remember exploring one of the dungeons (Kemel-Ze?) and it was exhaustive, like Daggerfall size.

I haven't really followed the mod, but supposedly there's actual quests/factions/etc now. The progress so far are is impressive. Just from this image it looks like Mournhold will be massive, dwarfing Vivec.

The newest release is even better than their old ones. Mournhold is being (re-re-re)reworked from what I remember.

Crevice tab

Savant
Tamriel Rebuilt is a bad idea. There is a limit when it comes to enhancing graphics just because you think the game aged badly. Why not just be satisfied by the already existing texture packs ? For me Tamriel Rebuilt looks like an obese doing a 1000m race. Overhauls kill the game in general but this might be a question of taste after all.

Erm... Tamriel Rebuilt doesn't enhance graphics?

Like at all? Nor is it an overhaul.

Ok, I've been trying to create a playable Morrowind setup on my computer because I feel that time of year coming on again where I try yet again to play through Morrowind before inevitably giving up. So I installed the basics, MW Patch Project, Code Patch, and Better Bodies. I also installed a font mod that replaces default fonts (which are so tiny on modern resolutions) with larger ones. The font works great now and I can actually read without my eyes exploding, but because of the larger font, it breaks the journal, which cuts off longer quests and throws out exceptions. This seems to be a known bug by the mod makers with nothing mentioned about fixing it. Does anyone here have any ideas? I already checked off the "increase menu size" option in the code patch, didn't help.

Play the game on a smaller resolution, maybe. Morrowind Graphics Extender should have a few options.

edit: You could also try this instead of the mod.

Try scrolling down to the [Fonts] section in your Morrowind.ini file and change Font 1 from century_gothic_font_regular to century_gothic_big

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I'm almost ready with the preparations of my yearly playthough; cleaning and fixing the 63 mods I installed.

This time, it's not about quests and/or crafting, but I installed all the interesting mods that add or expand the land mass or cities, except Tramiel Rebuild.

DraQ

Arcane
Ok, I've been trying to create a playable Morrowind setup on my computer because I feel that time of year coming on again where I try yet again to play through Morrowind before inevitably giving up. So I installed the basics, MW Patch Project, Code Patch, and Better Bodies. I also installed a font mod that replaces default fonts (which are so tiny on modern resolutions) with larger ones. The font works great now and I can actually read without my eyes exploding, but because of the larger font, it breaks the journal, which cuts off longer quests and throws out exceptions. This seems to be a known bug by the mod makers with nothing mentioned about fixing it. Does anyone here have any ideas? I already checked off the "increase menu size" option in the code patch, didn't help.
Play the game on a smaller resolution, maybe. Morrowind Graphics Extender should have a few options.
This. Don't use shit mods that explicitly break things.

Don Peste

Arcane
I'm almost ready with the preparations of my yearly playthough; cleaning and fixing the 63 mods I installed.

This time, it's not about quests and/or crafting, but I installed all the interesting mods that add or expand the land mass or cities, except Tramiel Rebuild.
Post your mods or ban SymbolicFrank.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
It's the Morrowind Overhaul from the first page of this thread, and 63 separate mods. Most of the other mods are adding new locations to the game. Also some clothes and jewelry that look nice and/or can be enchanted a lot.

GameFile0=Bloodmoon.esm
GameFile1=GDR_MasterFile.esm
GameFile2=Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm
GameFile3=Morrowind.esm
GameFile4=Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm
GameFile5=Texture Fix - Bloodmoon 1.1.esm
GameFile6=Texture Fix 2.0.esm
GameFile7=The Undead.esm
GameFile8=Tribunal.esm
GameFile9=wl_SolstheimOverhaul_v1.esm
GameFile10=Wyrmhaven.esm
GameFile11=abotWindowsGlow.esp
GameFile12=adamantiumarmor.esp
GameFile13=Alchemy Book_1.3.esp
GameFile14=ale_clothing_v0.esp
GameFile15=ale_clothing_v1.esp
GameFile16=almalexia armor.esp
GameFile17=Amulets and Rings 2.1 Upgrade A.esp
GameFile18=Amulets by Xiamara.ESP
GameFile19=Animated Morrowind.esp
GameFile20=AOF_Undies.esp
GameFile21=AreaEffectArrows.esp
GameFile22=AtmosphericSoundEffects-3.0-Tribunal.esp
GameFile23=azuras_castle_v0.7M_Alpha.esp
GameFile24=Barabus' fireplaces 2.esp
GameFile25=bcsounds.esp
GameFile26=Better Bodies.esp
GameFile27=Better Clothes_v1.1.esp
GameFile28=Better Skulls.ESP
GameFile29=Better Weapons and Armors.esp
GameFile30=BetterClothesForTB.esp
GameFile31=Better_Sounds.esp
GameFile32=BIG_BALMORA.ESP
GameFile33=bjam_enchantement.esp
GameFile34=BlankEnchantableScrolls.esp
GameFile35=Bloated Caves.esp
GameFile36=bones.esp
GameFile37=Book Jackets - Bloodmoon.esp
GameFile38=Book Jackets - Morrowind.esp
GameFile39=Book Jackets - Tribunal.esp
GameFile40=Clean Aln'Baldrahn.esp
GameFile41=Clean MCFC_1.0.esp
GameFile42=Clean Suran Extended.esp
GameFile43=cleaned_7th_House_Isle_01c.esp
GameFile44=CM_Partners_3.0.esp
GameFile45=CM_Partners_3.0_Child_Upgrade.esp
GameFile46=CM_Partners_3.0_Guards_Upgrade.esp
GameFile47=correctUV Ore Replacer 1.0.esp
GameFile48=Deus Ex Machina - A Steampunkyish Mod.ESP
GameFile49=Dwarfen_UnderwaterHome.esp
GameFile50=EBQ_Artifact.esp
GameFile51=Encumberance increaser StrX10.esp
GameFile52=Enhanced Economics 2.0.esp
GameFile53=Enhanced Economics 2.1.esp
GameFile54=entertainers.esp
GameFile55=Epic_aldruhn.esp
GameFile56=Epic_SadrithMora.esp
GameFile57=ExcellentMagicSounds.esp
GameFile58=Female Armor - Complete.esp
GameFile59=Golden Gold.esp
GameFile60=Gothic Attire Complete.esp
GameFile61=Graphic Herbalism Extra.esp
GameFile62=Graphic Herbalism.esp
GameFile63=guarskin_drum_replacer.esp
GameFile64=Hagrnat v4.esp
GameFile65=imperial chain fix.esp
GameFile66=JamesW's Seyda Neen Expanded.esp
GameFile67=JEB_muffin_fix.esp
GameFile68=Key Replacer Trib & BM.esp
GameFile69=Khuul Expanded.esp
GameFile70=LeFemmArmor.esp
GameFile71=LeftGloves_Addon_v2.esp
GameFile72=lich_robe_constant.ESP
GameFile73=Lighthouse.esp
GameFile74=marksman items stronger.esp
GameFile75=master_index.esp
GameFile76=MA_snowprincetomb_v3.esp
GameFile77=Moon's Dawn.ESP
GameFile78=More Barter Gold v1.ESP
GameFile79=More Better Clothes.ESP
GameFile80=multipatch.esp
GameFile81=MW Containers Animated.esp
GameFile82=Neo's Unique Creatures.esp
GameFile83=New Bodies - Mature.esp
GameFile84=New Lord's Mail.ESP
GameFile85=New Voices.esp
GameFile86=NewBlood_MwTbBm1.1.esp
GameFile87=NewBooks.esp
GameFile88=NG_New_Carnithus'_Armamentarium.esp
GameFile89=Oblivionized Constant Effect Soul Gems.esp
GameFile90=OTR_Coast_Variety.esp
GameFile91=Particle Arrow Replacer.esp
GameFile92=Pearls Enhanced - Colored Pearls Add-on.ESP
GameFile93=Pearls Enhanced.ESP
GameFile94=Pirate Outfit by Mandamus.ESP
GameFile95=Psy_UniqueDremora_T.esp
GameFile96=Psy_VGR_Armour.esp
GameFile97=ring_teleport v3_Tealpanda.esp
GameFile98=Serabul.esp
GameFile99=shakti_book_of_secrets.esp
GameFile100=Shieldfx.esp
GameFile101=Siege at Firemoth.esp
GameFile102=SirLuthor-Tools.esp
GameFile103=Sleepers, Awake!.esp
GameFile104=Soul Gems For Sale Version 1.0.esp
GameFile105=Statue Replacer - Normal.esp
GameFile106=STA_guides_replacer.esp
GameFile107=Tealpanda's Alchemy Essentials.esp
GameFile108=Tel Nechim.esp
GameFile109=Tel_Meskoa_Tel _Matouigius_1.2_EV.ESP
GameFile110=The Mystic Ring.esp
GameFile111=Tower Vos.ESP
GameFile112=TribunalDelay.ESP
GameFile113=True_Lights_And_Darkness_1.0-NoDaylight.esp
GameFile114=UF_HortRobeF001.esp
GameFile115=Umbra, Blademaster.ESP
GameFile116=Unique Banners and Signs.esp
GameFile117=Unique Jewelry and Accessories.esp
GameFile118=UniqueFinery.esp
GameFile119=Vurt's BC Tree Replacer II.esp
GameFile120=Vurt's Grazelands Unique Trees.esp
GameFile121=WA_Signy_Signposts(!).ESP
GameFile122=Windows Glow - Bloodmoon Eng.esp
GameFile123=Windows Glow - Raven Rock Eng.esp
GameFile124=Windows Glow - Tribunal Eng.esp
GameFile125=Windows Glow.esp
GameFile126=Wizard Hats 1.0.esp
GameFile127=Wizthis_Clothing_pack01.esp
GameFile128=Wyrmhaven - Grass.esp

GameFile14=ale_clothing_v0.esp
GameFile15=ale_clothing_v1.esp

GameFile52=Enhanced Economics 2.0.esp
GameFile53=Enhanced Economics 2.1.esp

Are you supposed to have those set up this way? 15 and 53 don't look like patches from the filenames, but new versions.

SFkMMP6.gif

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Are you supposed to have those set up this way? 15 and 53 don't look like patches from the filenames, but new versions.

Yes, these you do. You should run a cleanup tool anyway.

SFkMMP6.gif

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/25409

Edit: normally I install things like quests, weapons and magic packs and such. This time i wanted more and nice to look at / walk around in. So I just downloaded what sounded / looked nice, spend an hour cleaning and debugging, and now I'm looking around.

There are two conflicts in Seyda Neen, but overall it's an improvement. I just arrived in Balmora, which is larger but looks a bit brown. I haven't seen anything else yet.

Edit2: The easiest way to clean your install is to download tes3cmd, put it in the "Data Files" dir, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and type "tes3cmd fixit" (without the quotes, of course).

Last edited:

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Well, in the mean time I already removed five or so mods, and added about as much others. The expanded Suran is very nice, but there is some floating grass from Vurt's mods. But I keep them both anyway. The Epic Balmora/Ald-Ruhn/Sadrith Mora were just empty shells, I didn't like that. And the new Telvanni stronghold reminded me about how hard those Telvanni towers are to navigate.

And I had to fix some more bugs, like missing nifs/textures and such. But whatever. And it runs for about an hour in between crashes, but that's how it always has been with Morrowind. Two hours is a good run.

But I suspect I prefer a modded Morrowind to The Witcher 3.

And I withstood the temptation to mod everything I didn't like myself. That's what I tend to do, but that reduces the playtime severely.

Last edited:

SymbolicFrank

Magister
So, any screenies of those undies? It's important.
I already posted a link for them.

The current list:

7th House Isle-7339
Abandoned_Flatv2-37854-V2
adamantiumarmor
Alchemy Book-42996-1-3
Aleanne Clothes and Armor 2-1200-
Aleanne clothes and armor 1-1200
Amulets and Rings 2.1 UpgradeA-1228
Amulets by Xiamara-42798-1-1-
aof_undies-25409
area_effect_arrows
Azuras Castle v0dot7 Alpha-1234
Balmora Castle Balmora Expansion Compatible
Balmora Expansion-42342-1-4
Balmora_Underworld-42448-V1-1
bittercoastsounds
Bjam enchantement ring and amulet-4930
Blank Enchantable Scrolls-444
Carnithus Armamentarium Complete-3906-
CM_Partners_30
ebartifact
Encumberance Increaser-28213-1-2
Enhanced Economics 2.0 patch to 2.1-43214-2
Enhanced Economics 2.0-43214-2-0
entertainers
file 2 better-17432
firemoth1.1
GAC 1.0-12547
Graphic Herbalism (Main File)-43140-1-3a
Graphic Herbalism Extra (Mining)-43140-1-3
Grass Tel Meskoa engl-41896-0-1
Hagrnat v4-38056-4
Hi-Res Telvanni Textures-42376-1-0
JamesWs Seyda Neen Expanded-7389
Khuul Expanded-32643
lefemmarmor1.1
lich robe constant-43079-1-0
Marksman items stronger-7968
masterindex
Moon Dawn-37133-1-2
More Barter Gold-40053-v1
New Gnaar Mok-22029
New Lords Mail-42172-1-2
NewBooks-9874
Oblivionized Constant Effect Soul Gems-2563
Pearls Enhanced v2.80-43190-2-80
Pirate Outfit-38626-1
Serabul-30958
Shakti Book of Secrets-284
Shipwreck Home-42504-v1-3
Skaal Gate Fix-42979-1
Soul Gems for Sale-42410-Final
Spirit's MGSO Daedric Armor Fixes v1
STOTSP 1 2-42979-1-2
Suran Extended 1dot2-1048
Tealpanda Alchemy Essentials 1-7-42202-1-7
Tel Meskoa and Tel Matouigius EV-41896-1-2
Tel Nechim-27239
Teleportation ring 3_3_5-42159-3-3-5
The Island - Aln'Baldrahn-43187-1-20
The Mystic Ring-26544
The Undead-43030-5-0
Tower of Vos 1.2-43527-1-2
TribunalDelay-33973
Umbra_Blademaster_v1.11-43275-1-11
Version 3_6-34725-3-6
Wizard Hats 1.0-1210
Wizthis Female clothes 01-1257
Wyrmhaven-42933-1-2

I'm not going to make links, too much work. And you can find them easy enough on the Morrowind Nexus if you search for the name. Most of them are part of the Morrowind Overhaul.

At the moment I'm doing some quests, but for the mods that I've seen and liked best so far: Suran Extended, Tel Meskoa and Tel Matouigius, and The Undead. But I haven't seen most of them. As for new items I've played with: some weapons and jewelry. The new jewelry is great if you like enchanting. Most of the new clothes (and the undies) I haven't seen yet. There are exotic dancers and hookers in some of the mods (at least in Balmora Expansion and Tel Mesoka), but they're just nude. And I haven't tried the male ones on yet. (Imperial quests, you need to wear an imperial cuirass.)

Last edited:

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

But it doesn't bother me, as the models have changed and I normally never wear any of that. It's the first time I do those Imperial quests. Something different to do.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Tamriel rebuilt is not that fun.
There is no connectivity with main island, even travel, which doesn't look like Morrowind general design at all. They didn't use one of the game's strongest points.
There is no overarching plot either, which is even wierder, you'd think you should have either this or that, like in Tribunal, but you get neither.
If you're not telvanni master race you feel left out.
Starting quests suck ass. They make you go through beginning of all the factions again and gather wickwheat and such. Not all quests are bad but what was new and felt right for a beginner in Morrowind is just a chore here. Aka "we couldn't make any good ones so go gather these ingredients".
Lots of unused space. Big distances between big settlements that are actually interesting.
It's clear modders were afraid to outdo main game in any department, especially loot, so they ended up with content which is like original, but feels weaker and bland. Especially shows in loot - if you got your devil weapon from Ra'Virr, you're set. And that's with me using alternative leveling mod (some new version of old Galsiah's Leveling), which halves my power level - my 25 level character is weaker than something I could built in regular Morrowind on level 10 (around 75 points in spear & bows and 50 medium armor, 60 STR & END and no magic skills).
There's some new good armor but only if you don't have anything better low-tier armor from Morrowind yet. Like in Port Telvannis I got this best bitchin CHIM armor aka full dreugh set.

Everything does look good and terrain is nice, some nice dungeon designs too, but it proves that most modders can into tool set, but can't write interesting stories.
Also combined with Overhaul some locatons like major cities give me like, 12 fps. Heh.

On the other hand, I also installed Less Generic NPCs which is absurdly fun. It makes game more fun to read, sometimes expanding on characters well, sometimes adds new quests, sometimes - generic boring crap like item collection, and sometimes it delivers massive bioware derpness which somehow feels like it could belong in Morrowind. It often dumps a shitton of lore aka PoE backer NPCs "i had no mom and dad i became [class]" so it's a mixed bag but it is worth it. This mod + visit to Tel Mora made my weekend. Or how I would call it now, a Telvanni Tower of Unresolved Sexual Tension. Sure sure, there's a quest for healing one from infertility with a help of daedra heart and kwama egg and testing it out, but that's not the best, in my opinion best part is Dratha stoically hiding her being enamoured with big man Fyr, but she just can't work with him because he is such a swine who made that clone harem for himself! Gold.

All Abnaxus's fucking fault for making me spend whole day to mod that shit again and make it work.

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tamriel Rebuilt should not be judged when it comes to plot or anything. It's massive project more than decade in development, they didn't even finish all of the mainland so that's obvious there will be flaws, lacking story is one of them. Devteam recently made a decision to integrate TR with the vanilla Vvardenfell (which was prohibited for years), and in future instalments we will see effects of that, like building up main quest, adding greater plots for parts of the Morrowind and so on and so on. Right now it's not really for the quests there.

And Divayth Fyr is based mods or no mods. No one is more based than him in this franchise.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I've read on their design ethics. They shot themselves in a foot right from beginning and it shows. It's understandable why they didn't want to open a can of worms with a plot but it even extends on travel system, which is just absurd concidering you can reach mainland in a minute of swimming (or walking provided a potion) at some places on the map.

I think a good way to play this mod would be this - LARP you're a telvanni of mainland and never heard of Nerevar n shit. Make level 1 char, Set SPD 9999, fly to Port Telvannis and play the game without big island in the center at all. That might just be an interesting and new experience. Especially if they would add main quest later.

Cause let's be honest - you want new content for Story and Loot (since Challenge is not something that can be easily designed in Morrowind). If loot is the same and story can't compete with Nerevarine prophecy replayed 27th time, the only reason you'd want to see mainland is if you're a royal TES lore fag. But then you could just play Daggerfall or somethin.

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Yes, they did, but you need to understand that modding world looked very, very much different back in, let's say, 2006 or 2007 when TR had been basically rebuilt from the ground up, with new design in mind and so on. New direction is indeed superior direction and I think they will only benefit from that, but in time. I do really learned to believe in Morrowind modders, we've got so many so good things out there - LGNPC you mentioned yourself, Great House Dagoth, Wyrmhaven, Rise of the House Telvanni, Sotha Sil Expanded, Suran Underworld, and so many others. Damn, Lyithdonea was released recently and it's massive.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Rise of House Telvanni is so good, I'd replay it again but it's just not right that mushroom lovers get all the attention all the time. I understand Telvanni lore is easily made into great plots and quests but come on. Others are not as great although I never heard of Lythdonea before.

Guess I might crash my whole game and bring FPS from 8 all down to 2 or negative values now by installing a few more landmasses. Because hey how could that hurt right.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Sotha Sil Expanded topps RotHT IMHO, just as Great House Dagoth (but perhaps that's because I'm in love with main plot and it's background). Pax Redoran (part of the LGNPC) gives the Redoran much deserved justice. Lyithdonea was a project years in the making and was released couple of days ago, right now it's mainly a new landmass.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I guess I'll install Sotha Sil Expanded if I reach Tribunal, which would take a long time, and join Redoran. It doesn't seem there is much new content for Hlaalu in LGNPC since they are already funny, and I've spent a lot of time in Ald'Ruhn already and finished some of the new quests, like killing vampire and doing some of the small generic quests.
Not sure what I would do in Tamriel Rebuilt. I invested a lot of time trying to find interesting content in it but it just feels more suited for a telvanni mage playthrough.
As for House Dagoth it also feels of a somewhat of an investment since you'd have to make a particular evul against-the-empire nwah playthrough.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom