Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Morrowind modding thread

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by GarfunkeL, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    Started over and got Tamriel Rebuilt and Rebirth, I didn't install Graphic overhaul or anything world textures, Not sure which mod is responsible but when I installed them, I had a building with a tree in the middle of it and one where the road is cut, looked pretty bugged out and messy so trying it without, seems good and with no problems so far.

Got these mods as well:
    - Morrowind Code Patch
    - Better Dialogue Font
    - Graphic Herbalism
    - Signposts Retextured
    - Better bodies & Vvardenfell Visages Volume I for faces, I think these 2 are the ones used in Overhaul, kinda got used to them and want to stick with them.
    - Also Got Darknut's Armor, Weapon, Clothes and Creature.
    - Galsiah's Character Development standard, Don't like the leveling system of the base game so kinda trying out this one, so far so good, hope it keeps at it.

One of the mods changes the behavior of the wild lifes (No idea if it affects Cliff Racers as well yet) so don't think I'll need to install a special mod for that. Also wanted to install Less Generic NPCs, not sure if its the same one as the one on the Nexus but from comments it seems it adds a lot of unnecessary fluff or something so I skipped that.

^ Top  
  2. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    They added lots of small quests, which I though improved the game. But the various LGNPC mods vary in scope and quality, being made by different people. And with not all towns being modded, it makes the towns more diverse, which is both good and bad.

Regarding Galsiah's, one problem I had with it was that it didn't track temporary stat increases, so your character level would fluctuate. Hopefully it's been fixed during the past 10 years...

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    I think Galsiah's Character Development mod gives you auto regen or something but I could be wrong and another mod is doing that, at the start I didn't notice it but the higher level I am getting, the faster the regen is getting and not just magica but health as well I think, that's kinda trivializing[?] the whole experience. Wonder if I picked the Hard ESP instead of Standard, there will be no regen.

Things I kinda like, Assassin doesn't strike right away anymore, it struck when I was at level 9. That's good, I was thinking of installing the mod to prevent them from attacking until I finish the main quest line of base game before the DLC stuff activates.

^ Top  
  4. Akratus Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole Patron

Akratus
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  
  5. Jazz_ Magister

Jazz_
    Stupid question perhaps but is there a way to tell if I'm playing with Morrowind Rebirth? I mean I have activated it in the data files but I can't really tell if the mod is working, the graphics and everything seem exactly like in vanilla Morrowind..

^ Top  
  6. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    In the starting building, there is 2 scrolls on the desk after you talk to the old man when picking a class, one is the information about you that you need to pick up, the other information iirc about the imperials and a jail place with the a guard that follows you when you try to sneak.

There is a lot of changes in Seyda Neen, a well and a lot of new buildings that you can immediately see.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Jazz_ Magister

Jazz_
    Thanks Xeon, would pussyfist you if I could. Gonna check if there's all that stuff next time I start the game. By the way, I'm flirting with the idea of installing Tamriel Rebuilt, does adding all that stuff affect the performance considerably tho?

^ Top  
  8. Rebirth kinda sucks in that just just adds places without linking quests or other meaningful interaction (it's 'script free' to avoid messing with other mods). Having more stuff is nice but more 'deadweight' space isn't what Morrowind needs. Bigger Seyda Neen for instance is just more houses and flavor NPCs with the same generic dialogue.

Would love to see a mod to make "Rebirth" come alive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
    ^ Top  
  9. Jazz_ Magister

Jazz_
    what are some mods you would suggest then? if any.

^ Top  
  10. Barnabas Self-Ejected Patron Shitposter

Self-Ejected
    Well I got the Overhaul mod to work but I'm having trouble with the screen resolution at first I had it where I wanted it 1920x1080
    Or something but now it reverts back to the vanilla resolutions which are too small. I tried to change it again in the overhaul options and i tried to alter the resolution in the Morrowind directory. Nothing is working, any help?

^ Top  
  11. Xeon Augur

Xeon
    That didn't happen to me when I played with overhaul, you probably tried to change something and it defaulted or something. Morrowind Code Patch adds support for wider screen to choose from in-game option but the Code patch in the overhaul is outdated.

There is this guide on how to update the overhaul. IIRC there was a program for the graphics setting added with overhaul in the Morrowind directory, maybe try that if updating files seem too much work.

^ Top  
  12. Barnabas Self-Ejected Patron Shitposter

Self-Ejected
    Okay thank you I'll try the guide but yeah I did try the directory to know avail I might just reinstall the overhaul.

^ Top  
  13. Comte Arcane

Comte
    Thinking of starting a new game of Morrowind I am only interested in patches and fix mods. Which one should I get? Also where? I remember the last fan patch I used also fixed the resolution of the books in game.

^ Top  
  14. Keye_ Educated

Keye_
    Morrowind Code Patch. ( http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510/? )
    Patch project. ( http://www.theassimilationlab.com/f...0-previous-patches-unofficial-morrowind-patch )

These are the two most important ones. Morrowind Code Patch has the option to fix book resolutions. It has lots of other options that are not 'vanilla', but those are disabled by default I believe.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Sceptic Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Sceptic
    Divinity: Original Sin
    MCP is completely modular and splits options into bugfixes and modifications, the latter are all disabled by default. Even the non-vanilla behaviours are pretty well thought out though and I've used some in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Dwarvophile Learned

Dwarvophile
    Hi, I might not be in the best thread regarding to my question however I'm using MGSO in my current play and would have a few questions concerning its performance for later...

So here's the question. I met this argonian who pretends to be a slave on the run. A few odd details about him made me suspicious so I decided not to bring him directly to the kind redguard. I was walking around when I accidently realised he was tough (at least compared to me since I'm level 3) and I decided to use him as a volunteer bodyguard. Since I had an unfinished quest in molag amur and my last trek there had been a total failure I said "mmmh I bring you to the kind redguard ASAP but before I just have to make a stop in Marrandus yu know buy stuff" and here I am with Tul Geckoface following me all along to molag amur (Tul was like "is it much further ? " and I was like "no, not far now" ). But at some point we got surrounded by half a dozen cliff racers and a scamp and I lost him. I passed a hill pushed by those damn birds and some new area loaded, and I fell down hill, couldn't climb back, got lazy and impatient, left him there thinking he would run behind. Now it's been some time and I have no news from this ill mannered Gekko face.

So, here's my question (now) : is there a way (a console chat code por soimethin) to locate a NPC or to teleport it next to you or maybe to revive it ? After all this fight I've left him in might have been lethal (Scamps seems to be immune to non magical weapons and Tul is fighting bare handed --> problems).

Coming back from my trek in Molag Amur I went directly to the kind redguard hoping Tul would appear out of thin air because of some cod or whatnot but no, he's been missing for real. Not a big lost for Tamriel but Morrowind's low leveliing is a grind and any XP is good to take.

Great game by the way : the setting is so atmospheric and fantastic Skyrim feels like some skiing class compare to it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    ^ Top  
  17. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    First of all, Morrowind doesn't have XP. :M You level up through advancing your chosen skills, as in the other Elder Scrolls games.

Second, you can use the in-game console to solve many problems with Morrowind (and later games, such as New Vegas, based on Morrowind's game engine). Open the console by pressing the ~ key (or whatever is to the left of 1 on your keyboard). Type: placeatpc "tul" 1 100 0, then press enter. This will make Tul appear in front of you, but he will be a duplicate, with the original still in whatever location you left him. If you ever run into the original, open the console, click on him, and type disable.

+M

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    I've been trying rebirth out for the past few days and holy shit this mod makes the game impossible. This jackass doubled the cost of training, raised all of the merchant's mercantile skills so they rip you off even more, jacked up fast travel prices, fucked with a bunch of the rare artifacts to make them weak, managed to make the enchanting skill even more impossible and worthless, seemingly quadrupled the cost for enchanters to enchant items, lowered enchant value on all items, removed all of the useful constant effect enchant options, doubled the time it takes to level a bunch of skills, made almost all enemies significantly stronger, fucked with the mudcrab and creeper merchants to basically make them useless (creeper doesn't even buy alcohol anymore WTF?!?), and most baffling off all; NERF'D THE SPEED ATTRIBUTE SO PEOPLE RUN EVEN SLOWER!! The list goes on..

Seriously wtf man! I was expecting some cool expanded cities and a few new quests and maybe making the game slightly more challenging but this is ridiculous, the game's basically unplayable. I've completed every quest for every faction that my character could do and I'm still broke AF, undergeared, overencumbered, and underskilled to the point where the factions won't promote me until i 'train'. But training a level 20 skill to 21 costs about 600 gold??

I think I'm going to uninstall this crap and maybe give BTB a shot or something else, not sure if its changes are quite so drastic. Annoying when modders compromise the game in order to remove exploits that less than 1% of the players even know yet alone use.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    But were you able to find Caius Cosades?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    I'm surprised they left the skooma pipe by his bed since it's so valuable and easy to steal.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Jaz Educated

Jaz
    Used this beast of a guide to mod Morrowind: https://pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf + trainwhiz guide
    Unfortunately now I'm dealing with the following crap:
    Some orks have invisible bodies, except for head and limbs (some mesh/texture problem with a mod, but I may fix it or I'll just ignore it)
    AND
    everytime the music tracks change (e.g. from exploration to combat music), the game freezes for 1 sec. This happens on every transition and is quite the deal breaker.

If anyone knows a fix for the latter issue, pls share :\

^ Top  
  22. Life Coach cans Patron

Life Coach
    My fix is don't use beast of a guides to mod Morrowind.

^ Top  
  23. Drog Black Tooth Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    What's the best version of MGE? MGE XE seems to be buggy af, e.g. it starts the launcher twice every time I launch the game, it makes the game crash every time I quit Morrowind, turning anti-aliasing on incurs a huge FPS drop, even at 8x, WTF, I don't remember it being so bad.

^ Top  
  24. Life Coach cans Patron

Life Coach
    Told you bro, use openMW.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Drog Black Tooth Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Last updated December, 2016. And no proper distant land support yet.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)