Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind mods are a fucking jungle

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So please help a trubro(tm) out. There must be some sort of 'essential' mod-list or something, surely? Like the newest patches, graphic updates, universally agreed on good gameplay-mods or somesuch?

I don't need all the misc-stuff, just a few good mods, like the best texture-stuff and the best patches.

Also, the patch project seems to have been taken down from PlanetElderScrolls?

The Wizard

Educated
official patch and galsiahs character developement.

i personally don't need anything else. maybe tamriel rebuild map 1 and 2 for good measure.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Righteous? Damn. I don't find the setting interesting in the least bit. Just thought maybe I'd have a different perspective on the game now. Quite a bit of years since I played it last.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Grunker said:
Righteous? Damn. I don't find the setting interesting in the least bit. Just thought maybe I'd have a different perspective on the game now. Quite a bit of years since I played it last.

That's pretty stupid on your younger self part.

Let's just say this as a example: there is a possible (likely) interpretation to the nevarine prophecy that it's all a invention of Azura (it's not fated, Azura set up the prophecy to convince people to try to attempt the goals she wants done - like it's obvious in the nevarine cave where there are a lot of corpses - the "failed" candidates).

Luzur

Good Sir
JarlFrank said:
I wish there'd be a mod that made Oblivion a jungle.

yeah wtf, why have not anyone done this? its not that hard to copy pasta some retextured tree around the IC.

rebuilding the IC, on the other hand, seems impossible.

ive followed atleast 3 IC rebuild during my TESF years, and all failed after putting up some nice pics.

Texas Red

Whiner
Instead of playing TES I'd recommend reading the Imperial Library. All of the conversations, quests and books are recorded there.

Turjan

Arcane
Grunker said:
The setting is the best thing about the game. The layers of lies and intrigues are manifold. In the end, you still cannot tell who was the biggest villain. I find it fascinating.

The game needs some serious life injection though.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Install the graphics extender to remove that god-awful fog.

5535-1-1193035109.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
Elhoim said:
Install the graphics extender to remove that god-awful fog.
I think MW looks like Disneyland after complete fog removal. Considerably extending the fog range while still keeping the illusion of space is the better approach in my opinion.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Played around a bit, and I'm inclined to agree with Jaesun and SrzBznz. Seems like time spent with a good book is time better spent. The graphics extender is pretty awesome though, for a mod.

Luzur

Good Sir
strange, before, you praised MW and rubbed shit all over Oblivion, now, suddenly you hate MW and review mods for OB.

whats next in line? Daggerfall?

I don't have the time or the energy to super-mod (with 100's) either Morrowind or Oblivion - but, I do want to have just one or the other installed, since the mood does strike me once in a while to play a game with that kind of exploration and I already did Gothic/Risen/Two Worlds.

So - which game would be a more satisfying timesink, once modded? Which is going to be more satisfying in terms of exploration and character development (stats, loot)? And I mean, in both cases, after adding tons and tons of mods. :P

And did they ever make a mod/tweak to Morrowind to boost the size of dialogue fonts when in 1600x1200 mode? Can barely read it. <:/

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Luzur said:
strange, before, you praised MW and rubbed shit all over Oblivion, now, suddenly you hate MW and review mods for OB.

whats next in line? Daggerfall?

Was this directed at me, dear swede? 'cause I neither praised MW nor reviewed mods for OB.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Turjan said:
I think MW looks like Disneyland after complete fog removal. Considerably extending the fog range while still keeping the illusion of space is the better approach in my opinion.

200-300% of the default maximum view distance still retains the sense of a large world, and you can actually see somewhere. The default maximum is just... bleh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom