Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Morrowind mods are a fucking jungle

DraQ

Arcane
Here's a better story than Tribunal's I thought up in 5 minutes in the shower
The thing here is that it's a completely different story dealing with completely different themes, leading to completely different conclusion and not really tying that much into MW MQ.

Also, "there is an epidemic somewhere unrelated, OMG do something!" isn't nearly as much of an effective plot hook as "someone tries to stab you in the face in your sleep".

Gerrard

Arcane
Why would you not have 100+ strength when strength determines how much shit you can carry? Are you a larper, sea?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah, STR is sweet for all sorts of builds, clearly it's the player's fault if he's noob enough to not even have temporary means to max it out. :smug:

Tribunal0659.jpg

Case in point. Not even using all armor slots, pfft.

You know what I just realized.

So Almalexia's plan is to get rid of the Nerevarine. Right?

She sends the Nerevarine to Sotha Sil's city using the Mazed Band, which she keeps for herself. In this place, Mark and Recall spells are blocked. There is no way out except for using the Mazed Band. Sotha Sil is dead, and the place is full of monsters.

WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST LEAVE THE NEREVARINE THERE FOREVER?!

I mean, the Nerevarine has to eat. There's nothing in the clockwork city to eat. So the Nerevarine would last what, like, 2-3 weeks at most? And then lying on the ground, starving to death, Almalexia could go stab the Nerevarine through the chest if she really wanted to make it personal. Or, just, like, don't ever return ever, for like a hundred billion years.

Yep, this game is still retarded.

Alma is a vain bitch and believes she can take you on 1x1 no problem. After all she killed Sotha, how hard can it be?

Simple, but fitting explanation IMO. It also explains why she allows you to get your awesome flaming banana, she doesn't think it'll matter in the slightest because her plan is awesome and perfect and everyone will love her once you're dead and stuffies.

Speaking of destroying of Heart of Lorkhan, was it really necessary? Why not kill Dagoth Ur and claim Heart for yourself?

Because that's what Dagoth Ur did and he ended as a whackjob with a hole for a face. Sotha Sil himself took several years to learn how to use the tools to tap a little power from the heart.

Why would you not have 100+ strength when strength determines how much shit you can carry? Are you a larper, sea?

Why carry a lot of shit when you're a mage? Apart from magicka restoring potions, everything you need pops out of thin air when you need it.

edit: Bonus picture I found

application screenshot

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, STR is sweet for all sorts of builds, clearly it's the player's fault if he's noob enough to not even have temporary means to max it out. :smug:
No need. Feather spells work wonders, and when you have spells there's no need for potions, ingredients, armor, weapons, etc. You can easily get away with less than 40 equip load.

Case in point. Not even using all armor slots, pfft.
Google Image Search.

The thing here is that it's a completely different story dealing with completely different themes, leading to completely different conclusion and not really tying that much into MW MQ.

Also, "there is an epidemic somewhere unrelated, OMG do something!" isn't nearly as much of an effective plot hook as "someone tries to stab you in the face in your sleep".
I dunno. "Guy tried to kill you, who could it be" is decent motivation, but no better/worse than the one I suggested. And pretending Tribunal has any sort of interesting themes to begin with is... yeah.

DraQ

Arcane

Why carry a lot of shit when you're a mage?
To sell it and have monies for your expensive hobby of constantly making new spells and enchantments. Also, to be able to haul those impressive and rare items that make for impressive and classy paperwieghts.

Also, as a wizard you'll probably want +int on anything you can squeezee on your person to be able to be more nonchalant with your magicka.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
No need. Feather spells work wonders, and when you have spells there's no need for potions, ingredients, armor, weapons, etc. You can easily get away with less than 40 equip load.

Except fortify strength is always better than feather, even if you don't care about the increased damage - you get 5x more carry weight per point.

Google Image Search.

Yeah, figured it might've been. Still gross. :D

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Here's a better story than Tribunal's I thought up in 5 minutes in the shower:

You arrive in Mournhold after hearing rumors of a great plague. Indeed, you enter the city and discover that most of it has been cordoned off after a mysterious outbreak of corpus disease - something that shouldn't happen now that Dagoth Ur is gone. You quickly learn, by speaking either to the Temple or Empire, that the corpus outbreak appeared just recently and has afflicted the majority of the city, with its central districts cut off to keep the nobility and upper social castes safe.

Almalexia is using her remaining powers to preserve a magical barrier, which she can expand or contract as needed, but with waning strength it will grow smaller during the story and access to certain districts will be lost. Quest progress is not a factor in which areas of the city are still available, but time - it's impossible to complete every side-quest as traveling to a new district advances the clock, so the player will have to pick and choose which factions to help and how, in addition to investigating the causes of the outbreak. Naturally, both factions want the player to use this window of chaos and opportunity to undermine their rival faction in any number of ways.

You also quickly learn that in order to deal with limited manpower and the huge outbreak of corpus walkers and other monsters in certain districts of the city, the new king has contracted a goblin army to be "assembled" from the outlying regions. With no known cure, killing off the diseased is the best solution they could think up in such short notice. Although the goblins did their work at first, many of them have also succumbed to the disease, and due to low morale they are now running rampant throughout the city and are no longer under the Empire's control. Similarly, the Temple has contracted its High Ordinators to do their best fighting the diseased and has equipped them with special blessings of Almalexia's, but morale is waning. The player will find special corpus versions of both types of enemies throughout the story.

Word of the Nerevarine's disease immunity reaches both the Temple and the Empire, and both are eager to ask the Nerevarine to make a push into the cordoned sections of the city to find out what's happened and if there is any clue of where the disease came from. After some dungeon crawling, it's determined through a series of notes and records that corpus flesh was smuggled into Mournhold for some unknown purpose, but the information available is limited and somewhat conflicting, seeming to implicate both factions.

By now, the corpus walkers have reached the doorstep of the royal palace and Temple courtyard, and the Nerevarine can confront either faction with this information. The Empire blames the Temple, while Almalexia blames the Empire - both have reason to distrust one another. If the player has done enough quests for Almalexia instead of the Empire and has uncovered enough evidence, she will admit that she had the corpus flesh procured in order to study it, so she might better understand Dagoth Ur's powers - the outbreak was an accident caused by mishandling and she says she regrets the incident. Vice versa, the Empire truly denies they were responsible, but they admit their bringing the goblins against their will to fight the disease was not a smart move and caused more harm than good.

Now the player has a choice of going after one or the other "causes", and furthermore, if the player learned the truth, he/she can either keep quiet, persuade Almalexia to use her last remaining powers to heal all remaining diseased (though her pride and ego make this difficult), or tell the Empire (who are more than willing to punish the Temple). Almalexia, if the player did not find the truth, will heavily push the player towards wiping out the Empire presence in the city, maintaining the goblin army was there to cover it up.

Might not pass lore check 100% but I think the ambiguity involved would help a lot, as well as the ability to side with two mostly well-meaning but ultimately not-completely-untrustworthy factions.
tumblr_mejxuflual1rjbmv6o1_400.gif

DraQ

Arcane
NOOB. Feather has exactly zero advantages over strength.
Well, it has exactly two, but they are incredibly situational.

1. Feather is the only way you can zero your encumberance short of running butt-naked. Zeroed encumberance means no mobility maluses whatsoever.

2. If you're an alteration caster and don't dabble in alchemy or restoration.

Still, 1. may mean forfeiting buffs giving you more mobility despite malus or forfeiting casting such buffs, while with enchantments 2. is difficult to picture - maybe as squeezing 2s of feather into your balllistic travel spell.

Feather is good if you install some mod that rebalances spell effects and makes it actually worthwhile. It would be cool if game integrated feather with levitation, allowing you to negate weight - your own or objects.

Gerrard

Arcane
The only problem with using (exploiting) strength enchants was that if your strength was damaged, which happened all the fucking time, you couldn't restore it properly without taking all your shit off. And then putting it back on 50 times to get a good roll

But that was fixed in the code patch.

Critical path should never have a requirement that only "might" be fulfilled. It doesn't matter that there are ways around it. It's still fucking retarded. Hell, if you killed all the enemies up to that point but didn't pick up their potions, you can't even return to the previous rooms to get them.

Stat checks are fine - if there is at least one (possibly non-ideal option) to allow the player to proceed.

Can't you simply rest in the room for a random encounter?

Only played Tribunal once and it was with an everything-buffed character who didn't even notice this, but I don't think things will ever be impossible.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The only problem with using (exploiting) strength enchants was that if your strength was damaged, which happened all the fucking time, you couldn't restore it properly without taking all your shit off. And then putting it back on 50 times to get a good roll

What kind of weirdo do you have to be to play without the code patch, though?

Gerrard

Arcane
Well back when I was first playing Morrowind we didn't have all these fancy patches.

Maybe if you want the True Morrowind Experience (tm) you would. Doesn't code patch also fix the permanent enchants with X-Y range values thing anyway?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Oh, hohohoho I remember that.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Doesn't code patch also fix the permanent enchants with X-Y range values thing anyway?

You mean nerf or outright disable them? Because if it's the latter, it has to be some optional thing because in my current game I got Pants of CE Fortify Strength 1-23 pts. just fine. :troll:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Here I was thinking every Morrowind adventurer carried at least a couple of bottles of sujamma.

Or flin, for the more :obviously:

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I think that's the joke. Every successful adventurer in these backwoods carries around a couple of Divine Intervention scrolls, we don't like outlanders, you look bittergreen green, outlander, etc. I think anyone who has played this game for a bit will have these lines etched in their brains.

DraQ

Arcane
I think that's the joke. Every successful adventurer in these backwoods carries around a couple of Divine Intervention scrolls, we don't like outlanders, you look bittergreen green, outlander, etc. I think anyone who has played this game for a bit will have these lines etched in their brains.
As well as always checking the corpses and at the very least picking up consumables and scrolls unless over-encumbered.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
As well as always checking the corpses and at the very least picking up consumables and scrolls unless over-encumbered.

And pants. I always take off the NPCs' pants and drop them right next to the corpse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom