Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

There is also a small gallery with gameplay screenshot.

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2018/dec/07/mortal-kombat-11-game-screenshots/1/

Shit is hot.

Trailer reveals multiverse concept of MK11 so I bet it will be like Inustice 1 -> Dark Raiden (Superman) turn tyrant and occupy Earth with his army (current timeline hunam Scorpion + Shiray Ryu clan) + his ex-buddy Fujin (Batman) with resistance forces (Sub-Zero and Lin Kuei clan) trying to stop him + there will be few some characters from previous/alternate timeline (including demonic revenant Scorpion from the past).

And let Noob Saibot back in. The biggest, BLACKEST ninja.

According to many hints from MKX, there are three guaranteed returns - Jade (who will prolly be the main female protagonist), Shang Tsung (btw, trailer fight takes place in twisted version of his island, in Courtyard arena) and Noob himself.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If they put Jade back in they better keep her looking like a high quality harem slut or it's all wasted.

Shang Tsung is fine, of all the "main" villains in the MK universe he has always been my favourite of them all. Bonus points if it's old man Shang with the Lo Pan goatee.

If Noob is guaranteed, then that only leaves Ermac and Human Reptile as the remaining returns I would really want. Not gay dinosaur crackers Reptile, I want the green clad human ninja that rips off his face to eat your head at the end of the match Reptile.

Ermac and Human Reptile as the remaining returns I would really want.

I think Boon should give them a rest in favour of remaining ninjas. I'm pretty sure Ermac will be absent (or dead) as he'll just be cosumed by resurrecting Shang Tsung (check his ending in MKX).

Reptile is propably too popular to be out of roster but seriously, he could be easy replaced by Chameleon (one of few klassik characters from original Trilogy who wasn't in MK9).

Plus Smoke (we are heading Deception now and he was mini-boss there along with Noob), Rain nad Tremor should finally have moar time on screen.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Chameleon, like Triborg, is one of those characters I hate. They're pretty much blank slates that "turn into" other characters at will but have no central identity and are simply move-sets at the end of the day. Reptile should always have some sort of placement in an MK roster since he's one of the originals despite going from cool and mysterious assassin at the bottom of the Pit to cannon fodder.

And let's be real, Ermac hasn't been a ninja for a long time. He's more like some sort of mage/acolyte hybrid and is one of the better evolutions of the palette swap era. He has such a sick move-set too with all the telekinesis and levitating. I really hope they keep him around. Take one of those shitty new characters like the gay Chinese archer or Jax's babygirl. Not Erron Black though, he was tight.

Actually, wasn't Erron Black originally hired by Tsung? He'll probably become one of his boys so I think he's a lock.

Mortal Kombat 11: Clone Wars, with mumble rappers appearing as NPCs in a special game mode that allows the player to beat the shit out of them for promoting the most retarded Earthrealm music ever.

Trailer looks pretty sweet, but I'm not liking Raiden's "red electricity" or 21 Savage rapping in the background.

I hate when game studios, and moreso movie studios, add bullshit rap to something clearly not of that time period or style.

The classic MK theme would not fit this either; a modernized, remix would be more than welcome however.

Shit, NetherRealm could throw in some insane thrash/metal similar to Doom 4, and I would be happy.

Nathir

Liturgist
Terrible trailer. MK9 was fine, but MK10 was just terrible, except for the visuals. I am predicting this one will be another rehash of the formula with terrible gameplay, stiff animations and zero inovation.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
If they put Jade back in they better keep her looking like a high quality harem slut or it's all wasted.

Tbh this is something I'm kinda worried about. They already toned down skimpiness of women's costumes in mk x because some dousches bitched about it in mk9 and though I have no doubt the heads like Ed Boon don't give a damn about soc jus, even they must be feeling some pressure, especially when journos keep pestering them about it in interviews, forcing them to be on the defensive. I strongly feel Cassie Cage and her stupid haircut was partly a result of wanting not to sexualize her too much, even kitana or friggin mileena (who SHOULD be sexualized as hell) were toned down in mk x.

This is one reason why I'm actually hoping they go the injustice route of letting players play Barbie with their fighters, this way they can put up a façade of wokeness and have all the female fighters in niqabs if need be so they get good review scores from game journos, whilst rest of us can put them back in more classic attires.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If your Jade doesn't look like this then she's not authentic:

mortal_kombat_9___jade_by_dawnarts-d4smgx4.jpg

l33t0r

Novice
According to many hints from MKX, there are three guaranteed returns - Jade (who will prolly be the main female protagonist), Shang Tsung (btw, trailer fight takes place in twisted version of his island, in Courtyard arena) and Noob himself.
How much "guaranteed" are they? And where are those hints? I could only find one mention of Shang Tsung's resurrection in Ermac's arcade ending, but they're all just what-if scenarios. Like we didn't get Cyber Sub-Zero fused with Shao Kahn, now did we? :smug:

If your Jade doesn't look like this then she's not authentic:
green_ninja_harem_slut.jpg
Ah, cosplayers.

On a sidenote, have you tried the DOA series? Dead or Alive takes the grand prize in the category "making your pee pee feel funny while playing fighting games". In MK... I dunno, it just comes naturally with some characters, but I wouldn't cry if they tone it down. The game has its own strong points and atmosphere, tits'n'ass just ain't that essential to teh Kombat. On the other hand, NStudios should not do it under the pressure from SJWs, cause fuck them. They won't be happy until women in games walk around in potato bags or cross-dress in male clothing.

How much "guaranteed" are they? And where are those hints? I could only find one mention of Shang Tsung's resurrection in Ermac's arcade ending, but they're all just what-if scenarios.

Not really, so far many of MK endings were canon. Hints?

- Shang Tsung is present not only in Ermac ending but he is also an unnamed 'architect' from Mileena ending.
- Bo Rai Cho in dialogue with Sub-Zero confirms that Noob is still alive + that whole Soulnado thing is one big refference to Scorpion's ending from Deadly Alliance where he was send here by Drahmin and Moloch and supposed to die here but survived thanks to Elder Gods.
- The role of Jade is explained in her MK9 ending and MKX ending of Kitana + she's the only revenant not included in MKX.

Terrible trailer. MK9 was fine, but MK10 was just terrible, except for the visuals. I am predicting this one will be another rehash of the formula with terrible gameplay, stiff animations and zero inovation.

I'm glad MK games are still being made, as far as quality, MK9 was a great remake of MKII.

There's not another fighting game series with a lot of gore that can touch MK.

Aemar

Arcane
Info leak:
BASE ROSTER
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Liu Kang
Kitana
Jade
Rain
Sonya Blade
Johnny Cage
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Cyrax
Sindel
Reptile
Goro
Shang Tsung
Kung Lao
Fujin
Bo' Rai Cho
Frost
Kenshi
Daegon
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
Cassie Cage
Jacqui Briggs
Takeda
Kung Jin
Diederik
Reina
Geras
Kronika
Shao Kahn (Pre-Order Bonus)

Kombat Pack 1
Ermac
Li Mei
Nightwolf
Nimbus
Michael Myers
Pennywise

- Three celebrity voices in the game: Katee Sackhoff (Kronika), Kevin Conroy (Scorpion) and Ronda Rousey (Sonya Blade).

- Kronika is the main antagonist, boss and the Goddess of Time. She originally appeared in several endings in previous games. Raiden is the sub-boss of the game. Geras is at odds with Kronika, who wants to manipulate time to erase multiple timelines. Geras is attempting to thwart her plan by working with chosen warriors from different timelines. Reina is a new Outworld character and D'Vorah's replacement in Kotal Kahn's army. Diederik is a Black Dragon and Kano's offspring.

- Tag Team Mode returns. Works same as MK2011, both on and offline.

- Brutalities return same as in MKX.

- Hara-Kiri's replace Quitalities in online matches. Each character has a different animation of suicide. They are only available in online matches and cannot be used or inputted by a player as a form of finisher otherwise.

- Kombat Pack 1 will release character by character through the course of the summer. There will be a second pack of 6 more characters later in the year and into the following year. Kombat Pack 2's characters are not yet completely set in stone.

- X-Rays are no longer what they used to be. They are now used as animations mid-battle during certain specials to feel more fluid and cinematic. In their original place are Mortal Kombat's take on Injustice's Supers.

- New Time Towers are introduced. Work similarly to towers in Injustice 2. All timed and daily or weekly. Used to unlock rare moves and attires. There sre regular arcade towers still as well.

- Test Your Might and Test Your Luck returns.

- Attires and movesets are made in custom variation menus. They are unlocked through the new Krypt, Time Towers and reaching specific character or profile goals by levelling. They are not random drops through loot boxes. Levelling your profile and characters is done by winning matches, pulling off fatalities and other specific character feats.

- Story Mode is 15 chapters long. MK11 brings over the multiple character branching battle choices from Injustice 2. There are more than 12 cameos from other Mortal Kombat characters throughout Story Mode but no cameos you can fight against like in MKX.

- There are more than 15 arenas featured with about half of them returning klassics including the likes of Shang Tsung's Courtyard, The Pit, The Deadpool, The Lin Kuei Temple and Shao Kahn's Throne Room.

Apparently there was a similar info leak months before the release of Injustice 2, everything mentioned there turning out to be correct, so there are some on Youtube who believe there is a high chance this info here may prove accurate as well. Quite a lot of classic MK characters seem to have been left out in favour of Son/Daughter of type of fighters as well as horror movie guests, which they all stink. With the Goddess of Time as the main antagonist it seems every storyline from the previous titles will go down the drain in typical Mortal Kombat fashion.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Oh great another game with the gay Chinese archer and the sassy black girl. Bo Rai Cho, yeah because fans really want to see that clown over Kabal. I'm convinced there's something in the WB-NRS contract that states that Sonya Blade, no matter how lame and forgettable and irrelevant she is, must be included in every game going forward.

Frost, hah. We tried this already. Frost is Sub-Zero with tits but isn't as awesome as Sub-Zero despite having tits. Wasted slot. Earlier I spoke to all of Daegon's fans and both of them were excited he was included.

DLC characters, you put Ermac in there. Fuck. Can't I just trade one of the base roster for Ermac? Li Mei, wow, who's next, Kira? Nightwolf is cool.

I want them to stop teasing everyone and just do a horror icon fighting game. If you can get Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Predator, Alien, Pennywise and Michael Myers together you've already got 90% of the roster people want. Throw in some more fuckers from the '90s like Ghostface or go back deep and bring out Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Tall Man and Evil Ash. There you go. You know what? I'd buy that shit easy. Fuck Injustice, do that instead.

Melcar

Arcane
Oh great another game with the gay Chinese archer and the sassy black girl. Bo Rai Cho, yeah because fans really want to see that clown over Kabal. I'm convinced there's something in the WB-NRS contract that states that Sonya Blade, no matter how lame and forgettable and irrelevant she is, must be included in every game going forward.

Frost, hah. We tried this already. Frost is Sub-Zero with tits but isn't as awesome as Sub-Zero despite having tits. Wasted slot. Earlier I spoke to all of Daegon's fans and both of them were excited he was included.

DLC characters, you put Ermac in there. Fuck. Can't I just trade one of the base roster for Ermac? Li Mei, wow, who's next, Kira? Nightwolf is cool.

I want them to stop teasing everyone and just do a horror icon fighting game. If you can get Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Predator, Alien, Pennywise and Michael Myers together you've already got 90% of the roster people want. Throw in some more fuckers from the '90s like Ghostface or go back deep and bring out Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Tall Man and Evil Ash. There you go. You know what? I'd buy that shit easy. Fuck Injustice, do that instead.

You forgot Chuky. That would be a great game.

Info leak:
BASE ROSTER
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Liu Kang
Kitana
Jade
Rain
Sonya Blade
Johnny Cage
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Cyrax
Sindel
Reptile
Goro
Shang Tsung
Kung Lao
Fujin
Bo' Rai Cho
Frost
Kenshi
Daegon
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
Cassie Cage
Jacqui Briggs
Takeda
Kung Jin
Diederik
Reina
Geras
Kronika
Shao Kahn (Pre-Order Bonus)

Kombat Pack 1
Ermac
Li Mei
Nightwolf
Nimbus
Michael Myers
Pennywise

The list looks pretty possible and predictable but I think leak itself is fake.

- current timeline has been mutilated in official MKX comics so if he return he'll be a host for Onaga. And then - lack of Onaga? Guess we can expect four-handed Onaga with split/merged Onaga/Goro personality and grudge against Kotal Kahn.
- Deagon without Taven?
- Nimbus is just Nimbus Terrafaux, april joke character from some old gaming magazine
- list lacks Spawn who has been almost officially confirmed by Todd Macfarlane a few days ago

Frost and Havik are best characters from PS2 era. To be honest, I'd like to have all PS2 era characters excluding Mavado and Ashrash. With a little revamp, they could reveal true potential like Tanya who was a completely bland and forgettable character before MKX.

Make Hsu Hao great again.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom