Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by karoliner, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    More Dull Kombat.

• nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    New Krypt exploit/glitch found, this time you can bypass the retarded Shinnok's Amulet grind.

Near the Pit bridge when you travel along the mountain pass and come upon the gambling Shrine, you probably noticed a door with the MK dragon on it. You need a Dragon Medallion for it, which is in Goro's Lair. You go left when seeing dead Goro, go into the main room/dining area, go left through the deathtrap dungeon bullshit, and keep going left on the turn until you reach a forge area. One of the side chests has the medallion in it (I think it costs a lot more than the typical chest, like 20k or maybe 40k, I can't recall).

The real shit comes when you open that door and go down to see three levers, each needing an amulet. You need Kronika's (easily obtained, gamble 1k coins at the gambling Shrine and it's always the first reward), Cetrion's amulet (obtained by doing 50 fatalities/brutalities on Cetrion for her severed head which you use at the Warrior Shrine, if you used the previous exploit a page ago you should have it automatically) and Shinnok's amulet (a random tree in the Dead Woods has a soul lantern which costs 10,000 souls. Yeah. Then you need to take three specific parts to the crafting forge, spend a fuckload more souls and coins, and you have the gay amulet.

But fuck all that noise, you can just exploit this.

Turn the left-most lever around until you see the place you'd need to put it in. Now position your character between the lever and the empty hole. You should be facing the wall and with the right stick/camera turn, be able to alternate easily between turning the lever or seeing the "Locked" prompt. What you want to do is position the camera to the very edge so the "turn level" command is just in view, but a slight turn more would turn the command prompt into the "Locked" one. You want to time this now, hitting A or X just as you're flicking the right stick/camera turn to the Locked prompt. If you do it properly, you'll put the amulet into the slot and bypass one of the stupidest grinds in the game.

https://twitter.com/iJonnyD/status/1123497567197769728

This is a video of someone doing the exact method.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. abija Liturgist

abija
    So soon enough they should start banning users for bypassing the grinds? :D

• Yes Yes x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Squadcar Learned

Squadcar
    I kinda wanna do the exploits but I don't even know if I care enough to. What's the benefit? Some recolor skins and some augments? I guess maybe those cosmetic changes for people. The grind in this game is utter bullshit. Good thing they didn't make it affect the actual gameplay for player v. player. That'll just be in MK12...

I like Mortal Kombat but they need to get the fuck out of the clutches of WB. I'm not saying they'll be perfect with monetization afterwards but it's gotta be better than this.

^ Top  
  5. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    There won't be any MK12.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Squadcar Learned

Squadcar
    Why's that?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    NRS cornered themselves with MK11, I cannot imagine another MK that makes sense.

1. Anther reboot? Not possible, it would be too cheap.
    2. Prequel? Maybe but they would have to sacrifice most of their safe roster so it's not an option.
    3. Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon? Modern audience never heard of them.

Plus, Boon admitted he's kind of tired of MK and wonna try something new.

Action/adventure spin-off like Shaolin Monks or Armageddon's Konquest? Maybe.
    MK vs DC2? Pretty possible.
    Next main MK gaem? I highly doubt.

Last leaks shows 19 (!) slots (that including pre-order Shao Kahn) - they are planning to suppport MK11 for years, pumping moar and moar DLC characters, skins and shit but that will be all - the ultimate MK geam, then it's over.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Squadcar Learned

Squadcar
    Doesn't mean that he's done with main MK. But a long break might be coming up.

They should just make the ARPG game they want to make with MK in the MK universe because they seem to love randomized loot.

They'll eventually reboot it all over again. They may release shit for this one for 5 or however many years but at some point, people will grow nostalgic again and they'll reboot the series.

^ Top  
  9. RegionalHobo Educated

RegionalHobo
    god save me from sonya mains

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    Itz koming:

[​IMG]

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    :shredder:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Vityaz Learned

Vityaz
    I hope he has the old skin as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Vityaz Learned

Vityaz

Also looks like the leaks were right regarding the DLC roster.

^ Top  
  15. Assisted Living Godzilla Savant

Assisted Living Godzilla
    Those simple original ninja looks look better than all the new ones they designed for this game that have extra business going on. Almost makes it weird they aren't giving Shang Tsung his original costume, or the movie one given the actor.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Trash DLC outside of Shang Tsung.

They turned the characters people would want to play as into consumables LOL

BUT AT LEAST YOU GET NIGHTWOLF AND SPAWN!!!

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    The leaks sound disappointing. At least Shang Tsung is cool.

^ Top  
  18. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    Ermac and Reptile had their time but I miss Rain and Smoke.

How's Spawn, Sindel and Nightwolf trash?

They could finally give him his MK3 outfit, with yellow pants and blackmetal corpsepaint. Anyway, new Shang is FUCKIN' GREAT!

^ Top  
  19. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Spawn is a '90s relic that was always trash. I have no idea where these Spawn fans emerged from, I'm guessing some "influencers" whipped retard casuals up into a hype frenzy about him.

Sindel is one of those characters you add in when you got most of the ones people will actually play out of the way. She's such a whatever character. Pure apathy.

Nightwolf ranks with Stryker and Sheeva as one of those MK3 characters you wouldn't care about if they were missing. He looks like a Village Person, his move set is tacky as fuck and he has never had a good fatality in his life. The only good part about Nightwolf was Shao Kahn announcing his name in the old games.

All the missing ninjas should have been in the base roster, not stapled on to Shang Tsung with reused MK9 animations. For the record, Ermac/Reptile are better than that faggot Rain.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    So you are of these legendary people who complaint against (U)MK3(T) roster?

Stryker is easily best of all hamerican akshun type characters in MK. I was really happy when he replaced Cage in MK3, it fits well to its concept - last trve cop on fucking dead earth fighting againter centaurian hordes. A pity they haven't recreate yet his original outfit, he was planned in that form for Armageddon but Midway changed his look last minute:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Boon, is that you? Like, the only person on the planet who hates Rain despite he's the second most requested character after Noob Saibot?

^ Top  
  21. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Rain has always been so immensely lame that if he didn't appear as a purple ninja 20+ years ago he'd have been forgotten and laughed about. The only reason anything about him survives is because he was a purple ninja. His move set/gimmick is so laughable and the dude literally had a manbun last time we saw him while being dressed like a gay manservant. Dude even had a veil on like he was some sort of belly dancer. When it comes to ninjas, he's the lowest priority. I'd even place Chameleon above him.

MK3 had some bad characters like Stryker and Nightwolf. The only good characters that came from that era were Sektor/Cyrax/Robo-Smoke/Ermac and Kabal.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Assisted Living Godzilla Savant

Assisted Living Godzilla
    A '90s relic in Mortal Kombat? Sounds fitting.

Spawn was one of the biggest comic book characters from the last time comic books were big, it ain't exactly hard to see why he'd have a fanbase. Probably also helps that the character had a good HBO cartoon, the character has a couple good fighting game appearances already, and there's that new movie coming out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Vityaz Learned

Vityaz
    I mean, his outfit does kinda look like the MK3 one (yellow pants, black leather top), just reimagined for the new aesthetics and minus the YMCA style and facepaint.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    ^ Top  
  25. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    I'd much rather have missing legacy characters than guest movie characters.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)