Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Generic-Giant-Spider

Kabal is pretty good, likely towing the line of top tier.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's good to hear. Regardless of genre, I can never stand to play characters I don't like. Always loved Kabal's design though.

Semi off-topic - Since there's a variety of sales on fighting games during Evo, which game would you recommend for a beginner? I want to actually git gud because I love watching high level play

Generic-Giant-Spider

MK games have always been very friendly to beginners and MK11 is easily the most accessible of the 2010-era MKs. In terms of beginner friendliness I'd go MK11 > MK9 > MKX.

SFV is also fairly easy to jump into, as is Soul Calibur 6 if those interest you. Tekken 7 is pretty complex, but once you start to learn it then it becomes very fun to play and feels "fair" in terms of character potential.

Overall, I'd say MK11 though. It's important to note that while some fighting games like Capcom ones are still going off arcade stick motions, MK games are extremely controller friendly. You don't need to worry about any 360 or 720 motion shit.

This MK3 skin is SICK! It'll be released alongside Nightwolf on 13th August.

EA54JWiVUAE4xsX.jpg

Adon

Arcane
Unfortunately, she doesn't have Kerri Hoskin's face so instead we have to keep looking at that monstrosity of a face and hear Rhonda's voice come out of it.

The fact that Premium Edition has been to be bought since like half a year and still people not only didn't get full content but even don't know what does it consist of is BEYOND RETARDED - we can only speculate thanks to data mining. NRS promised MK11 will be supported for long, maybe they mean revealing DLC characters between 2 month-long intervals? MK9 at similar period had already Rain, Scarlet, Kenshi and Freddy.

Will Injustice 3 announcement precede Fujin's release day?

Generic-Giant-Spider

I hope they don't do another Injustice. Always thought those games sucked.

I like them but much less than MK vs DC, a fucking milestone that led both modern MK and Injustice to commercial success - why it's still not on Steam??

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Unfortunately, she doesn't have Kerri Hoskin's face so instead we have to keep looking at that monstrosity of a face and hear Rhonda's voice come out of it.
They should've kept the MKX VA at least. Rhonda's VAing sucks as much as her performance against Amanda Nunes.

Generic-Giant-Spider

For that matter, they should take a page from Capcom's book and make a huge re-release of all the classic MK games from MK1 all the way to MK vs. DC. I guess it'd be more complicated since half of them wouldn't really be arcade ports they can easily emulate but still, I'd fuck with Deception's Puzzle Kombat.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Shit, I still hold out hope they'll make a Shaolin Monks-style game at some point. There was rumor of a Sub-Zero/Scorpion one but it never saw the light of day.

Generic-Giant-Spider

WHAT.THE.FUCK?! Sweet Jesus Christ man. I'm literally shaking right now. Fuck this gay shit. You sure that's not gonna be Jade or something?

According to Google searches nope, it's Mileena. Keep in mind that Mileena is supposed to be Kitana's clone, which also means Kitana is now black as well.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Sindel will be QUEEN BEYONCE who will also be releasing a new single to coincide with the 2021 release.

Generic-Giant-Spider

There are too many guests in fighting games these days.

I miss when MK had ninjas and sorcerers and multi-limbed chadlords. If you look around on other MK forums you see people requesting shit from other movies and comics or television shows. At a certain point you have to ask yourself, "are we still making a Mortal Kombat game?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom