Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Generic-Giant-Spider

Yeah, saw this yesterday. Apparently they also killed off the online servers without any warning as well so it may not be a Freddy thing since similar happened with MvC2 and Capcom but that game is still accessible online if you owned it on PS3/360 if you bought it originally.

90170887_560822167860950_7229557714500714496_o.jpg

Fan theory is that Freddy's licensing is changing hands or some shit so they can't legally sell this right now or something.

Now I'm completely against guest characters

I haven't heard anything about Freddy changing hands. But Alien and Predator did last year with Disney buying Fox, there were (or still are) also ongoing rights issues with Friday the 13th...those are what stopped further development of the game in Friday the 13th game 2018.

God dammit, that's just another slot that could have been filled by fantastic original Mortal Kombat characters like Chinese leather daddy Hsu Hao, or like some terrible MK4 character nobody remembers. They're just leaving quality characters like the guy who farts on the table.

Wow, there will be 11 additional DLC characters!

https://testyourmight.com/threads/mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-kollection-leaked-on-steam.72837/

Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection has surfaced online, hinting that the Chicago-based developer NetherRealm Studios is working on the MK11 version of Mortal Kombat XL. In other words, it appears NetherRealm Studios will release a package of Mortal Kombat 11 that bundles together all of the game's DLC, plus whatever else the developer chooses to throw in there in order to get a second purchase out of Mortal Kombat 11 owners.

The leak comes way of SteamDB, a website that tracks updates for both applications and packages on Steam. Put more simply, it pulls information directly from Steam itself, leaving little room to doubt the validity of the leak. That said, this is all SteamDB reveals.. However, dataminers have discovered some other salient details about what could make up the Aftermath Kollection.

For one, it looks like RoboCop may be coming to the game. Meanwhile, there's new evidence that seemingly suggests there will be 11 more DLC characters added in the future. If this is the case, then that would rule out a 2020 release for Aftermath Kollection, because there's no way NetherRealm Studios are about to pump out 11 DLC characters this year.

What we can assume though is that in addition to PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia, Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection is also being developed for PS5 and Xbox Series X, especially if it's coming in 2021.

The total number of Character slots in MK11 is 42. In MKX, all the slots were predetermined since launch, and all of them were occupied down the road. (Cells start at Cell_0, so Cell_41 is Cell # 42).

While 11 more DLC characters may seem like a lot -- it's more than usual for Mortal Kombat -- NetherRealm Studios did promise "years of content" after the game released.

Generic-Giant-Spider

11 characters

Let's be the nu age MK fan and hope for DOOM SLAYER or some other stupid shit.

Even if they waste space with RoboCop, Michael Myers, Ally McBeal, Peter Grifin and Kool Aid Man, there still will be some free slots for prestigious 3D era characters.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Robocop is awesome, I loved Robocop 1/2 but let's be real here, he'd be worse than Terminator who was already anemic and is by far the worst of the DLC characters. Robocop/Terminator are both iconic, but they have villains that would be better in a fighting game due to being more interesting like the T-1000 or ED-209/Robo-Cain.

Still waiting on Reptile/Ermac/Smoke. I'd throw Mileena in there too but she'd probably be lame like every other woman in this game.

First fighting game story DLC in history. Ok, there was horrible downloadable story mode of SFV but it was free, I wonder how expensive MK chapters will be.

If Liu Kang is manifestations of order, then Havik should be his natural rival.

Guy on the left is propably Fujin.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Can't wait to play this once and never touch it again lmao

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone actually like playing as Sheeva? She seems like a random addition. I'd have introduced Ashrah and Havik first maybe.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

Does anyone actually like playing as Sheeva? She seems like a random edition.

Lacrymas, I am a lifelong MK fan. I can tell you through my decades of playing locally, online, browsing fan forums on MK and everything that it is with no exaggeration when I say I have seen maybe 3 genuine, honest to god Sheeva fans.

I can tell you how this is going to go because a majority of the MK fans now are mentally stunted: Sheeva comes out, YAAAAY THEEVA :happytrollboy:, is seen for a few days maybe a week if you really stretch it... and then nobody plays her anymore.

Because she's the worst type of character you can add in to MK: one that doesn't generate love or controversy, but one that defines apathy. This is the character they left out of home ports of UMK3 and nobody gave a fuck about and is the least popular "classic era" character. More people like Stryker than this bitch.

Sheeva is a WASTED SLOT, baby.

Barbarian

Arcane
Whew lads, this is certainly shaping up to be the most appealing current gen fighting game.

Nostalgia feelz are strong though, I have to admit, and my judgement is somewhat clouded. Not only the game makes ample use of nostalgia hooks from past games(even more so now), but I grew up in the 90's and the additions of T-800, Spawn, Classic Robocop and soon enough Ash make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Does anyone actually like playing as Sheeva? She seems like a random edition. I'd have introduced Ashrah and Havik first maybe.

Goro should be in every game. Nobody gives a shit about Sheeva, except perhaps butch lesbians who identify with such characters.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Even though I mained Sindel in MK3, I've gone through a tower with every one of the original cast except Sheeva. Really weak character whose move set doesn't make much sense and is made worse by being just a watered down version of Goro. Maybe if they made her really brutal and up in your face constantly, that would at least be something, but eeehhh. I don't know if she can be salvaged. It doesn't surprise me she is unpopular.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Watched the first match and it was Sheeva getting destroyed and then showing off a broken crouch kick.

edit: watched the second match and it was Sheeva consistently losing against Ermac and then being outshined (outshone?) by Jax with his 68% combo.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom