Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Generic-Giant-Spider

My favourite was at the MK11 reveal event they brought on a Jade cosplayer that was actually good looking and dressed in her MK9 "EVIL STRIPPER NINJA GIRL" outfit.

And I was told that only teenage boys and incels would ever dare back such things.

Sounds like she’s another victim of the patriarchy. She obviously dressed that way in a misguided attempt to pander to an unrealistic idea of what a woman “should” look like perpetuated by a society where men’s wank fantasies have leaked their way into popular entertainment. Someone needs to give her a hug and let her know Kitana wears pants now and everything will be alright.

I would hug her.

With my dick.

Get it?

Swigen

Arbiter
Someone needs to give her a hug
Male feminists allies to the rescue!

Fellas, I’m on your side too! I think after the women are taken care of there will be a male liberation movement. Someday we won’t have to play as characters that portray an unrealistic ideal of what men are “supposed” to look like. No more ginormous muscles and chiseled jaws, someday Johnny Cage will look more like McLuvin or Michael Cera and we will actually FEEL like playing Mortal Kombat rather than simply tolerating its existence. Won’t be long, WWE has done away with most of the roid monsters and have incorporated more shlubby, regular joe looking wrasslers into their roster. Skinny fags like Jason Statham and that guy from the Office in the new Jack Ryan movie are what pass for action heros nowadays. Our time is coming, men!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I know ya’ll miss your tits ‘n ass guys but look at what said sacrifice has accomplished! Look at all the female evolution champions and YouTubers like... uhh... Huh. Well, I can’t name any off the top of my head, but I’m sure there are a ton of women that play now and more are gonna play since Kitana wears pants!

My sister plays MK from time to time and she has never cared whether the women are like strippers, we've actively made fun of that, but it's nowhere close to ideological disgust. It's juvenile, but what do you expect from MK, lol.

Anyway, MK11, it's gonna be fun for a few hours, like the rest of the nu ones, but otherwise forgotten.

Last edited:
cx2ccb4obab21.png

Sub-Zero?:retarded:

Swigen

Arbiter
:lol:

Fatty Sub-Zero. Guess you have to cater to fatties too.

Totally unnecessary, Bo’ Rai Cho had us covered. We didn’t ask for this, FJW types (probably skinny ones) co-opted our struggle for the purposes of virtue signaling. Do NOT blame the fatties for Fat Sub-Zero.

Vityaz

Augur
Doesn't look that fat with the beard tho. If anything, the left version looks more like a "younger" version of sorts (less wrinkles and shit)? Hence the babyface that makes him look fat.

Last edited:
You can also set your characters intros and win poses which seems pretty stupid. I mean, if you're going to give characters multiple intros and win poses you may as we just cycle through them all like fight games used to as opposed to making people see the same ones over and over again.

Don't the "win poses" mean after the fight is finished in this case? Like, when you win the battle and you get the big cinematic win animation. I assume it meant that.

It's probably just going to be Krypt fodder anyways. Gotta fill those caskets up with more than concept art.

Yeah, it's that little animation. Thing is up until like 10 years ago you'd get multiple ones a game would cycle through. If they're going to go through all the trouble of making multiple ones, even if you have to unlock them, they may as well just drop them into the rotation.

every fighting game has rage arts. what popular game started this.

I think it was Art of Fighting, then they showed up in Fatal Fury 2. They were Desperation Moves in those games, and you could only do them once your life got to a certain point; so in that way they're like Rage Arts in Tekken 7.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Eh I've always had a soft spot for kano, he is far more charismatic then sonya could ever hope to be.

Plus without him and baraka, who would be the goons you keep humiliating in the story mode?

Squid

Arbiter
Who deflated Kano?
Ha. That's it. I thought he looked odd.

I don't care for Kano's exclusion or inclusion. Give me Noob Saibot dammit. And keep the Injustice 2 shenanigans out (I know that's fabulously optimistic).

Eh I've always had a soft spot for kano, he is far more charismatic then sonya could ever hope to be.

Yes but that doesn't mean he must be in every fuckin' MK game and wasting slot that could be used by great characters from 3D era. Do we really need Mortal Kombat Trilogy 3: MK11?

BTW my ideal MK would be mix of Deception roster and MK9 mechanics and expected something like that from MK11.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's probably Michael Myers but with a "Shaggy" skin over the skeleton as a joke.

Squid

Arbiter
I know it's a joke but ugh. I can think of better guest characters to include in a joking manner that actually would fit with MK's blood and brutality. I want Oderus Urungus or someone from GWAR. That's a humorous guest character that would still work with Mortal Kombat if you ask me.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I know it's a joke but ugh. I can think of better guest characters to include in a joking manner that actually would fit with MK's blood and brutality. I want Oderus Urungus or someone from GWAR. That's a humorous guest character that would still work with Mortal Kombat if you ask me.

Korgoth of Barbaria would have been a cool choice
jhRxg8p.jpg

Yes but that doesn't mean he must be in every fuckin' MK game and wasting slot that could be used by great characters from 3D era. Do we really need Mortal Kombat Trilogy 3: MK11?

BTW my ideal MK would be mix of Deception roster and MK9 mechanics and expected something like that from MK11.

Great characters from the 3D era? I'm sure they can squeeze all like two of them into those 17 slots they've got left. What is there, like really only Kenshi and Ashrah that are really worth bringing for that Xbox/PS2 era of Mortal Kombat games.

A good roaster seems like it'd be a mix of characters from across Mortal Kombat 1-3, some of the new characters from 10, and some new characters that fill in some blindspots that are either missing from the series or are their but being filled by shit characters like Bo Rai Cho and Shujinko.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Why you niggas clowning on Kano for? I always liked Kano, he's a complete asshole that chokes you, slices you up, then spits on you after. Plus he is an OG and was one of the best parts of that MK movie from the '90s. 'ELLO DAHLIN, MISS ME?

And I honestly couldn't give a fuck about the 3D era characters. They don't need to ever bring 98% of them back because they're failed experiments. Just leave them to die in a swimming pool with no ladders.

Of course of the 3D era characters to bring back, they go with the pile of trash called Bo Rai Cho. Please kill this fucker off forever.

Seriously though, MK is like Street Fighter in that it's one of those fighting games that has the unique ability to bring back a majority of their "golden years" roster and most people will be happy.

I wouldn't say that's true with Street Fighter, it's pretty disappointing when the Street Fighter games are mostly just SF2 and missing people from 3 and Alpha, and people want characters from Final Fight, Slam Masters, and Rival Schools in there.

With Mortal Kombat their best characters come from the first three games from that same Street Fighter 2 time, and after three the games really became total garbage until X.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Free Sodom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom