Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't hate Kotal Kahn. He's pleasantly generic.

D'vorah can also be okay, but she needs a redesign. Maybe more human look and minibikini made of living insects barely covering her big fat tiddies...

Generic-Giant-Spider

According to Steam trophy leaks, prepare for any hype boner you have to die:

Jacqui is in the game.
Kotal Kahn is in the game.
A few new characters nobody knows the names of yet.
Frost is in the game.
Jade is in the game.

So the only good character there is Jade. That leaves maybe a few base roster slots open. Noob Saibot, Reptile and Shang Tsung need all your prayers.

I don't hate Kotal Kahn. He's pleasantly generic.

D'vorah can also be okay, but she needs a redesign. Maybe more human look and minibikini made of living insects barely covering her big fat tiddies...

Another redesign? Because this new look in this game is a redesign. She's uglier looking now, and kind of robot looking as opposed to human looking like before...the added hair they gave her doesn't exactly help that either, as it's the same kind of Predator hair the robots have. If they wanted to add hair it should have been shorter, so it can stand up like fly hairs.

Adon

Arcane
Y'know, I've seen varying opinions on the new characters from MKX. There's been no unified consensus in regards to all of them, including the kombat kids -- with the exception of one of them. Jacqui is easily considered to be the worst, and most boring new character from that game. Kung Jin and Jacqui are the only ones that I hoped wouldn't make a return in MK11.

Otherwise, I'm completely fine with Frost, Jade and Kotal.

Vincente

Arbiter
So Frost and Baraka are the MKX cameo OG's returning for MK11? Makes me wonder if Rain or Sindel will make it in.

According to Steam trophy leaks, prepare for any hype boner you have to die:

Jacqui is in the game.
Kotal Kahn is in the game.
A few new characters nobody knows the names of yet.
Frost is in the game.
Jade is in the game.

So the only good character there is Jade. That leaves maybe a few base roster slots open. Noob Saibot, Reptile and Shang Tsung need all your prayers.

Could you paste these leaks?

Since Kabal is in and if Noob/Shang/Frost are in too, just give me Havik and I'm fine.

Generic-Giant-Spider

https://testyourmight.com/threads/steam-database-achievements-roster-speculation.68075/

Has a link to the SteamDB site in the main post, TYM is where I get my MK stuff from.

There's some thoughts people have that one of the trophy strings is "KOL" which either is a new character named "Kollector" but could be a development name given to Shang Tsung in the same way they call Sektor/Cyrax Ketchup and Mustard. It's also worth noting that the dude who played Shang Tsung in the MK movie way back in the '90s has been retweeting a lot of MK11 stuff. Some people are speculating that he may have had some face-scanning done to use his likeness for the character, which would be dope as fuck since that guy has the perfect Shang Tsung look.

Ok, so now roster is:

20/25 from Steam leaks:

SKA
ERR
BAR
SUB
RAI
SCO
KUN
KAN
CAS
DVO
JAD
CET
FRO
SON
KAB
KOT
JAC
TER
KOL
LIU

21. Cage
22. Kitana
23. Geras

24-25 can only guess but I bet it will be someone from: Fujin, Shang Tsung, Saibot.

I'm ok with such roster, it's already much better than MKX thanks to Kabal and Frost (lulz how much hate she gathers now).

I also expect a DICK MOVE by making popular and requstest characters like Mileena DLC only.

Vityaz

Augur
Aw, of all the Kombat Kids, I liked playing as Takeda the most. But I guess they made him a bit redundant with Scorpion's new kunai moves. Gonna miss those whips tho.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I also expect a DICK MOVE by making popular and requstest characters like Mileena DLC only.

I actually expect them to make Noob Saibot DLC, Shang Tsung seems like the one that would be the most likely or maybe Rain. It seems like Noob Saibot being DLC would be an easy way for them to cash in and make extra money. My theory is Noob Saibot is DLC for the first round of fighters, Rain is DLC for the second round of fighters, Shang Tsung is main roster.

But no Smoke, Ermac or Reptile is a big disappointment for me. Those were my boyz.

I actually expect them to make Noob Saibot DLC, Shang Tsung seems like the one that would be the most likely or maybe Rain. It seems like Noob Saibot being DLC would be an easy way for them to cash in and make extra money. My theory is Noob Saibot is DLC for the first round of fighters, Rain is DLC for the second round of fighters, Shang Tsung is main roster.

Agree, Shang has highest chances for being a part of main roster - his island is one of the confirmed arenes, his presence explians Ermac's abscence plus once Kang became a tyrant, Shang Tsung could take him down as it was predicted in his MK9 ending.

No giving a jack shit for Ermac or Reptile, there were overused but lack of Fujin would be really annoying. First, he was unplayable in MKX which was a reboot of MK4 where Fujin had one of the main roles. Then, when they could bring him as DLC, they gave Bo Rai Cho instead. Now, in Deception reboot with Corrupted Raiden as enemy, Fujin is natural candidate for protagonist and they're pretty retared if they miss the oportunity to use him in story now, when he fits the best.

Some moar rumors:

Kollector is a real character. Friend was apprehensive about saying much more than that but he did let one thing slip that I don't wanna just flippantly throw out there (he's a cool guy and I respect him enough not to). I'll just say he's somewhat of a twist on a certain *type* of character that debuted in MK3.

CET (full name unknown, ends in N?) is a brand new female monsterish (non human) character. Through my own dumbass investigating and acknowledgement that Boon and co love taking mythologies of different cultures, I believe her name and possible visual style has something to do with Ceto of Greek Mythology. Considering Geras and Kronika are both names based in GM it makes sense to me. Release the Kraken!!(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceto)

Frost has been completely revamped. What that means I don't know.

Noob is in and sauce's sauce is pretty positive that he is base roster and not DLC, and that NRS are incredibly proud of his new design. Hype.

ST is in but they're going to keep him under wraps until launch because his inclusion is supposed to be a big deal.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Noob Saibot HYPE. How they plan to upstage his badass MK9 design will be interesting to see. I wonder if they'll keep him as a zone heavy character.

So Shang Tsung is in but they're keeping him a secret? I think that means he's pretending to be someone in the actual story mode and will likely be a end-of-story unlockable as a result. I wouldn't be surprised if he's secretly Liu Kang. IIRC in one of the MK11 trailers they showed Liu Kang firing off a "screaming soul" projectile that Shang Tsung normally has.

Kollector being a twist on a certain type of character that came in MK3? Maybe a robot ala Triborg? Motaro/centaur thing?

Maybe a robot ala Triborg? Motaro/centaur thing?

I bet it's Motaro bipedal varation since there's no point in making another Triborg plus if TER is Terminator then that's more than enough of robots.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's secretly Liu Kang. IIRC in one of the MK11 trailers they showed Liu Kang firing off a "screaming soul" projectile that Shang Tsung normally has.

Maybe it's nu-Liu Kang possessed by Shang Tsung?

Generic-Giant-Spider

I bet it's Motaro bipedal varation since there's no point in making another Triborg plus if TER is Terminator then that's more than enough of robots.

My only other guess is them soft-rebooting Ermac and renaming him into "Kollector" since he is a collection of souls. But it also makes too much sense that he'd have his MKX ending become canon and Shang Tsung pretty much feasts off him. Maybe he becomes a walking soul buffet for Shang Tsung when he needs to power himself up.

Maybe it's nu-Liu Kang possessed by Shang Tsung?

They could do some really interesting stuff between these two. Shang's MK9 ending which suggests he actually becomes a good guy to fight off the tyrannical Liu Kang would be a huge twist which completely changes from the original timeline. You get the same end result which would've happened and that's Shang Tsung killing off Liu Kang, but in a much different context.

Vityaz

Augur
So Jade is in. And a Revenant by default.

I did see a bunch of her non-revenant skins floating around tho.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The normal Jade costume they showed in the Kombat Kast gameplay is even worse. She went from hot ninja stripper to full on Muslim in a burka.

You had one job with Jade.

Vincente

Arbiter
Considering that you can make Baraka half naked, maybe there will be an option to make her a stripper again with kustomization.

Generic-Giant-Spider

That feeling when Baraka and Shao Kahn show more skin than Jade and Kitana.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom