Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Generic-Giant-Spider

X54Cg9y.jpg

We won, Codex.

I won, anyways. Fuck you Reinhardt HAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Johnny Cage still sucks.

With additional DLC character it could be only better (Havik, Fujin), I'm glad of this roster.

BTW someone from NRS said that thay won't sell the same characters as DLC so if Rain is out now... he won't be included as DLC as well.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Remember when people were pissed in MKX because Tanya had light skin?

okwAev1.jpg

Is this Kotal's alt or Kollector?

I also noticed one moar thing on Noob's screen, he has his shadows as part of gear (even if number 50 is propably a placeholder unit) which gives lots of cool possibilites - Noob-Enenra, Noob-Smoke, Original Sub-Zero/Noob etc.

o8vQd19.jpg

Also, sickles as weapon - it's a reference to Sareena's kama sickles form MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

And, in MKA Noob had (troll) hammer, now sickle... WTF?

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

MKD Noob didn't have a weapon style, he and Smoke were tethered together. In Armageddon he had a "Troll Hammer." That was wild.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
lmao, what is it with MK and time travel?

Eh, whatever, it looks fine. It's just a dumb fighting game and the character designs don't suck ass like they did before the reboot.

Melcar

Arcane
lmao, what is it with MK and time travel?

Eh, whatever, it looks fine. It's just a dumb fighting game and the character designs don't suck ass like they did before the reboot.

In average the character designs were better before the reboot. Subjective, but whatever, as you say.
Still, everything after MK3 has been a bit derpy.

Generic-Giant-Spider

There's something about this game that looks off. I think it's that they're using the IJ2 graphics or something, a lot of the characters don't look "Mortal Kombat" enough except for Scorpion, Baraka and Cage.

I wish they'd go back to the dark/moody/supernatural kung-fu look from MK2 and desolate cityscapes of MK3. The stages so far have this sterility to them.

sullynathan

Arcane
There's something about this game that looks off. I think it's that they're using the IJ2 graphics or something, a lot of the characters don't look "Mortal Kombat" enough except for Scorpion, Baraka and Cage.

I wish they'd go back to the dark/moody/supernatural kung-fu look from MK2 and desolate cityscapes of MK3. The stages so far have this sterility to them.
They look MK enough to me, perhaps it's the fact that they're still using UE3 instead of UE4 that certain things don't look as good as it can, but as a non-fan and compared to other fighting games, the game sure looks spectacular and the trailer was fun in an over the top manner. Which is usually counter to MK's very gory, dark and bloody style.

Generic-Giant-Spider

They look MK enough to me, perhaps it's the fact that they're still using UE3 instead of UE4 that certain things don't look as good as it can, but as a non-fan and compared to other fighting games, the game sure looks spectacular and the trailer was fun in an over the top manner. Which is usually counter to MK's very gory, dark and bloody style.

From a technical standpoint it looks good, but it doesn't carry much of that MK spirit to me.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron

I didn't like Cassie last game because I hated her design, but it's amazing how swapping the hipster ugly haircut for a classic ponytail has done wonders for her.
Though it only reinforces the argument Sonya really didn't need to be in this game, Cassie is sonya v2.0 with johnny's attitude resulting in a far better character then her mother.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Her old design was way better and had at least a little personality. Now it's just generic soldier woman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom