Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most Convoluted Crap You Never Solved in an RPG

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I happen to love King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame. Everything they made after that game was bug infested shit; but they really nailed that game. Thing is, every time I replay it (must be over 20 times now) I spend about 50 hours or more trying to unlock the alliance with Wales or the war with Wales questlines. They each consist of the upper 3/4 of chapter two.

I even wrote myself a series of fucking instructions on how I did it the first time, and still manage to fail. Then I try each and every possible variation of the choices available to me...and still fail. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a save at the exact time those quests trigger, I would have thought it was all in my imagination or bugged to the game version - which is impossible because I bought the latest version from new.

It's like the game has an ai written specifically for fucking with me; a rubix cube or maze of variations that defy logic and reason. I'm pretty much Doctor fucking Strange at this point in the Avengers: Infinity War going full retard with my face shaking violently in autistic bewilderment...because there's literally nothing left, no possibilities remaining to solve this.

So...just thought I'd share.

Edit: Oh yeah, I read the LP by whats-his-name on the Codex and...it's shit. Doesn't help at all.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
The Mystic Clue. That little question at the end of Pools of Darkness final challenge, when you approach a wall. Nowhere in the game you are given the answer nor clues on what you are supposed to type...

What secrets were veiled beyond that riddle? what wonders, epic battles, or unheard of treasures were barred from me by this profound mystery? Just like Perceval was haunted by nightmares of his failures when searching for the Holy Grail, I despaired over this for years...

Gold Box became an old memory, now shiny new D&D games made in the Infinity Engine came and also were gone and forgotten, Neverwinter Nights also passed, and yet, my mind always went back to the primordial mystery: the Mystic Clue. One day I realized I was in the internet era; I searched for it, and even with Google, this was omitted in most guides and walkthroughs but finally I found it. It was "Oh well". No explanation, no reason, and really nothing of importance past it. It was only included in the clue book, so there was no chance I could ever guess it.

Oh well.

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
There's that fucking bean puzzle in Munkharama in Wizardry 7. I think I might have done it once, but I honestly can't remember. What a load of shit.

There's also that door at the end of the Dwarven Mines in Realms of Arkania: Shadows Over Riva where you're supposed to type in some password backwards. It opens up and there's another identical door behind it that also wants the password. Maybe I did it wrong, but I never figured out what that was all about.

around 14 years ago when I was a little kid, i was playing legend of zelda: Link's awakening , I beat the entire game except the final level. I didnt know how to get to the final boss.

finally when In highschool when i re-found my old gameboy color i decided to look up how to finish it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom