Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Move over Skyrim, JADE's here

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by empi, Nov 24, 2011.

1. empi Augur

empi
    Why is it that we have so many threads discussing another oblibians game when Biskup has finally fucking released something resembling a sequel to ADOM, one of my favorite games of all time. It's got (/will have) everything an awesome dungeon crawler is, and HAS OMG C&C.

Anyway, end advertising mode. Is anyone else on the codex playing JADE? Sure it's primitive at the moment and really lacks quite a few gameplay elements etc., but it just feels so damn good to play. Awaiting every new update with :love:

^ Top  
  2. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    Is it even a game yet? I played the initial version he released and it was more of a tech demo than anything remotely approaching a game.

And I am positive there was a thread about it here, anyway.

^ Top  
  3. baronjohn Cipher

baronjohn
    Stopped reading there.

^ Top  
  4. gromit Arcane

gromit
    I, too, base the games I play upon my level of disdain for the language used.
    Don't look at me like that; it's as good a reason as almost any other, around here :smug:

^ Top  
  5. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Well, that's the point. Like Stabwound said, unless the last three or four updates added a massive amount of content there's not much to see yet.

^ Top  
    ^ Top  
  7. Tel Prydain Scholar

Tel Prydain
    Because one is a actual game, and the other might be a game one day when they've finished building it?

^ Top  
  8. Redlands Arcane

Redlands
    But Bethesda never finishes their games, the leave that to the modders!

^ Top  
  9. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane In My Safe Space

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    I just beat the Teryino.

^ Top  
  10. Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Err. You animated small puppy, gave potion of booze to Blup and together you destroyed the village?
    In before Great Lawenilothehl Massacre.

^ Top  
  11. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane In My Safe Space

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    It doesn't have these characters. Also, no Lawenilothehl. I just walked house to house and killed workers, goodwives and kiddies. I also killed the boss - he was called Rynt The Village Elder.

^ Top  
  12. ksjav Scholar

ksjav
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
    So there I was doing HPC scientific simulations using Java. My world is shattered Codex, lead me, I have come to witness the light.

^ Top  
  13. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane In My Safe Space

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    Hey, do I have to download that thingie every time I want to play it?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)