Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Must have DA2 DLC!!!!

DemonKing

Arcane
You know, I was thinking to myself the other day, what's really missing from DA2 from what I can see so far is the CHANCE TO DRESS UP LIKE THE PROTAGONIST FROM DEAD SPACE!!!

Thank you Bioware for making all my dreams come true...my preorder is in.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/

:roll:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
hurlock_head_helmet.png

Silellak

Cipher
*watches the promotional video*
:lol:

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.

circ

Arcane
I wonder if DA2 developers will say they can't make a camp container for the game without a big DLC, and then a few days later one of their own developers puts up a container DLC. That would be funny. It would be pretty sad if they somehow did that when DA:O had a container from the start. Oh wait.

Also, wonder if they're going to drop the toolkit this time, because it was a totally different engine and huge and everything, and totally not made in the same engine despite looking exactly the same. Oh wait. DLC! KA-CHING!

And... I wonder if you have to show Gaider some kind of retard pass to prove you can make a DLC, because that's pretty much what every DA:O DLC made me think of -- with the exclusion of Warden's Keep. But then that was just cut content from the original anyway, and surprisingly, contained the best writing in the entire game. How funny was that.

racofer

Thread Incliner
circ said:
And... I wonder if you have to show Gaider some kind of retard pass to prove you can make a DLC, because that's pretty much what every DA:O DLC made me think of -- with the exclusion of Warden's Keep. But then that was just cut content from the original anyway, and surprisingly, contained the best writing in the entire game. How funny was that.

The Warden's Keep development probably went out like this:

D.Gaider: Ehh, it would be awesome to have an insight on the Wardens from the past.

Gaider's Bitch #1: That's an awesome idea David! *slurp* *slurp*

D.Gaider: Yes, I know, I'm that awesome.

D.Gaider: There's however the issue I'm currently perfecting Zevran and his romance options which is taking away all my spare time, so I can't really do it.

Gaider's Bitch #2: *cleans his chin* But there's that guy from the ME team that is currently available, he wrote some amateurish questlines before.

D.Gaider: Hmm. Oh well! It's my only option since I can't postpone Zevran's fine development. It's getting so mature and intense!! Alright, give that guy a general idea of what I want and a short deadline :evilface:

Months later...

Gaider's Bitch #1: Master Gaider! People won't stop talking about how much they liked The Warden's Keep DLC!! That was a genius idea you had!

D.Gaider: I know, I did great with that DLC. Took me a lot of effort to come up with those nifty details and the Sophia romance which was GLORIOUS!

Gaider's Bitch #1: ...but... there was no romance on that DLC master Gaider...

D.Gaider: ehh... guys, I just had an idea. Let's start working on Dragon Age 2 and this time I came up with some new ideas. Let's implement something called the "Dialog Wheel" and fully voiced main character. This will revolutionize RPGs!

Gaider's Bitch #2: Oh, that's a wonderful idea David! Let's get to work! *slurp*

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It was funny when grrm did it, but not when he got plagiarized then?

poetic codex

Augur
Overweight Manatee said:
Just seeing 'ser' instead of 'sir' is enough to make me

That brings up a good point actually. Dragon Age Origins has probably the most bland and derivative lore I've ever come across even though ironically enough it was designed to be their original IP outside the confines of Dungeons and Dragons.

Using "Ser" instead of "Sir" and thinking that they did something cool and original pretty much sums up what Bioware did for everything else lore-related.

Multi-headed Cow

poetic codex said:
Overweight Manatee said:
Just seeing 'ser' instead of 'sir' is enough to make me

That brings up a good point actually. Dragon Age Origins has probably the most bland and derivative lore I've ever come across even though ironically enough it was designed to be their original IP outside the confines of Dungeons and Dragons.

Using "Ser" instead of "Sir" and thinking that they did something cool and original pretty much sums up what Bioware did for everything else lore-related.
What about drinking poultices? WHAT ABOUT DRINKING POULTICES?

Multi-headed Cow

AXES ARE BLUNT POULTICES ARE POTIONS I'M FREAKING OUT HELP HELPHEHPLEPHLEPHLEPALHPELHPELHAPELHAPEGAPLEGPALEhpaelhapelhlephlppadphkmdmsnho

Multi-headed Cow

Just for a triple post since I haven't done one in a while, axes using blunt skill makes more sense than calling your potions poultices.

50/50 chance that someone at Bioware simply misspelled Potion badly enough that autocorrect chose Poultice as the most likely choice and so they just went with that.

Destroid

Arcane
What's so bad about poultices? Other games have used bandages as healing items instead of potions.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Shit, the armor design looks like those from the guards at Dark Messiah.

Anyway, the already did this with the Mass Effect armor, nothing new to see here.

Multi-headed Cow

Destroid said:
What's so bad about poultices? Other games have used bandages as healing items instead of potions.
When you use them, your character whips out a red bottle and drinks it.

torpid

Liturgist
:lol:

Bioware is really stepping up it's game here, let's see what kind of horse armor scheme Bethesda can come up with to stay in the running.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
01:08 : total length
00:00 - 00:15 : intro logos (22.05%)
00:48 - 01:08 : outro logos (29.41%)

I love it, when companies do that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom