Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Feedback thread

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I dislike the steam forums so I'm going to post my feedback here. Sorry if some of it has already been mentioned by others, I am late to the party but I'd prefer to post here.

Make the intro video and the Aid me Odinn screen skippable. Intros that you can't skip in any game are annoying, particularly on multiple playthroughs and if you have to or want to start again. I've had to start my campaign twice (both due to savegame overwriting) and I've had to watch the intros in full every time. Not fun. Intro skipping mods are pretty popular in games too, Bester included one in the IE mod for Pillars of Eternity IIRC. I've also used them in Titan Quest, Mass Effect and other games that don't let you skip the intro.

I've had a bit of an issue with saving/autosaving. I've accidentally loaded the non-most recent save a couple of times, and by loading that save, the game created another autosave that seems to have overriden my autosave before that point (or my save before that point). This has happened twice so far and the most annoying was when I accidentally rested straight after the first battle instead of doing the quests, and then tried to go back to my save, but I loaded the autosave on the Island before the dual by mistake and that overrode my save, so I was stuck at that point and had to start again.

The hair colors in the character creation are not representative of the textures used for the hair, they're quite different in every case / misleading, I'd advise adjusting the 2D icon for the hair, or the texture if you have time but it's not a big deal.

In the hall at the start when you're talking to the people at the south, there's some line that's overlapping their selection circle. It looks funny / weird. Other games of this type usually have some kind of dithering, or the circle overlaps the environment.

nJFSot8.png

You can clip through the edges of many 3D tiles - such as the tables and the fireplace in the Hall at the start (and I'm sure lots of the environment too) - I'd recommend cleaning that up before release if you can.

jrXqIOV.png
6NNGPpE.jpg

Will post more as I play.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
If you get the huntress to place the Bear trap in the fight against Asleifr and he gets trapped in it, and you are using a Bow and retreat to behind the boat cover point in the south of the island map where you fight him, he just does nothing for the rest of the first battle and you're free to just shoot him without him making any actions.

By moving to the cover spot behind the boat in all three rounds, most of the time Asleifr was unable to target me (AI bug?), so I just beat him without barely getting hit or chased in melee.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
I'm defending my homestead from the north and when I go into the skill screen I have missing descriptions for Anticipate Opening, Charge, Cripple, Rebuke, Stun, Defend and Taunt.

eg.

NEFJA.png

Sensuki

Arcane
After reloading the fight with Gunnarr the Peaceful due to odd positioning at the start (Asleifr started the fight on a patch of ice and slipped over), when I load my previous autosave to attempt the fight again, after dialogue the fight does not initiate. Dialogue ends and nothing happens. Doesn't matter which dialogue option you pick.

Will upload and attach video in 30 mins or so.

Just tested it twice, reloaded during the fight and tried again - breaks the quest as above.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
When trying to target this guy with that dual wield ability (Hook and Slash?), I was unable to select this guy (only time I've seen this bug so far). He has a shield, my character was in an adjacent hex and using the correct weapons, however he was untargetable with the ability upon mouseover and this came up in the tooltip.

this_guy.png

Sensuki

Arcane
When you spawn into the first forest map the default view is backwards to the area map. Shouldn't it be the other way around? (I know that you can rotate the camera to correct it).

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
There should be a way to escape out of the world map back to the area you're in, such as by pressing escape. Otherwise you have to select the area and the party again and reload the area.

Sensuki

Arcane
This wood pile in the starting village is also not selectable, it's in the Cairn(?) area in the northeast

not_highlight.png

output_log.txt had a few of these lines after I entered the area

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

IReceiveClicks: There is no collider on Icon. It will not be clickable!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom