Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Summer Car - the Ultimate fuck-you-Datsun Simulator

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This is either the most autistic thing ever, or then possibly some kind of genius.

Basically a game where you tune up an old rusty Datsun.

'cept it is kinda hard-core. With permadeath. And before you can drive the car, you have to reassemble it.

10991579_955194171179253_5389636278846097811_o.jpg

After you have assembled the car (and fucked up with something), it can burn down and explode. Forcing you to start from the beginning.

X-20150414111108863.jpg

Did I mention that you have to even use the correct size wrench?

hqdefault.jpg

Yea, you can drink and drive. There even is a separate button for showing the middle finger to your restoration project from hell.

This is probably the most realistic portrayal of Datsun restoration ever.

I have no words.

Oh, and the developer seems a bit... unique as we:

(Cut to 26:30 to hear what makes this different from other "racing games")

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finnish leisure simulator. Looks pretty awesome, gotta give it a try some time.

toroid

Arcane
There had better be a lift so that the underside of the car is easily accessible, and an engine stand to help with building the engine, or else it's going to be tedious and unwieldy as fuck. And what happens when you make one mistake while assembling the ignition system and get the cylinder firing order wrong? Does the car blow up and make you start over? Building a car from individual parts sub-assemblies wouldn't actually be difficult; but if it imposes some ridiculous "iron man mode" on you for making simple mistakes then it would instantly become retarded.

fake edit:
Apparently the engine is already partially assembled, and the transmission is completely built (or non-existent). Difficulty level: EASY PEASY. Could speedrun this shit in 20 minutes.

thesoup

Arcane
Of course it was made by a Finn, who else could be this autistic?:lol:

Btw, someone email him a suggestion to put "sauna docking" on the "to be implemented" feature list.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I dare not put any ideas to this man's head. Watch some of those developer videos.

I mean; you want some tuning parts to your car? Read the magazine, fill in order form, take the form to the post, wait and get the parts from post. Realism man, realism!

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Of course it was made by a Finn, who else could be this autistic?:lol:

Btw, someone email him a suggestion to put "sauna docking" on the "to be implemented" feature list.
I talked to a Finn who was watching one of my streams recently, and he told me that he hadn't considered sauna docking before, but he figured it was entirely plausible and somewhat likely because of how much Finns love their saunas.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Surprisingly well made for what seems to be a fun project. Love the whole finnish thing of course.

Does he plan to add shooting / hunting? It seems a rather natural thing to do. This would be the first game where you can shoot a rifle in the woods and drink beer at same time.

And wouldn't be cool if you could convert your car to run with wood? Something like that

opel-1.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
He should implement a finnish weekend rall ynext where your car gets bought by an old lady afterwards and you have to build a new one.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Does he plan to add shooting / hunting? It seems a rather natural thing to do. This would be the first game where you can shoot a rifle in the woods and drink beer at same time.

I think he was rambling about shooting in one of the videos, would be logical since he is going for the hill-billy thing.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The author of this game is really an artist: Here's an e-sports mockumentary starring him (remember to turn on captions):

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
happoissa ukko
lumisissa kuvissa
ukko ja putkimies
ukko ja kirvesmies
vesuri kädessään katselee tähtiä
on niin kuin ei olisi ollutkaan lähtiä
eikä oo kauan
siitä kun olin
kolmetoistakesäinen
kumma karju kylän
hullu mies maailman laidoilla valahtaa
alas kuin housut paskalle mennessään

mä oon happoukko, lumiukko
kirvesmies, putkimies
mä oon happoukko, lumiukko
kirvesmies, putkimies

Theldaran

Liturgist
Not only does it seem like a decent game, as OP said, it seems appealing to Codex standards.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page, coming to Early Access before Christmas:

Why Early Access?
“While major gameplay components are already in place and functioning, players help is needed to add some of the smaller features and content. Of course polishing the overall experience is important at the same time. Game has been extensively tested in closed group, but it is always important to hear fresh suggestions from larger crowd that come from various gaming backgrounds. Plan is to make the game as good as possible but without compromising the core idea.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“It could take anything from few months to year. But the goal should be always going for the finishing of the game and not veer off too much from that path. That should all happen in a year.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Full version will be the same game as it currently stands, but with added smaller supportive features and challenges. Also proper beginning and end, so called "story", will be added while in Early Access. Game is like bread dough, where some salt needs to be added.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“All the major features are in place, but might need polishing and graphics updates. There is playable content easily for hours. Great care has been given to general optimizations since the beginning of development so game should run well with recommended systems.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“No price increase after Early Access. Together with one week launch sale there might be maximum of one (1) sale campaign during Early Access, but not in 2016.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Community can suggest ideas, features and fixes and we try to include them in the game when ever it is possible. Our focus will be in ideas that support the core game idea and are practical from development point of view.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom