Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My Summer Car - the Ultimate fuck-you-Datsun Simulator

In wonderful savageness live the nation of the Fennians, and in beastly poverty, destitute of arms, of horses, and of homes; their food, the common herbs; their apparel, skins; their bed, the earth; their only hope in their arrows, which for want of iron they point with bones. Their common support they have from the chase, women as well as men; for with these the former wander up and down, and crave a portion of the prey. Nor other shelter have they even for their babes, against the violence of tempests and ravening beasts, than to cover them with the branches of trees twisted together; this a reception for the old men, and hither resort the young. Such a condition they judge more happy than the painful occupation of cultivating the ground, than the labour of rearing houses, than the agitations of hope and fear attending the defence of their own property or the seizing that of others. Secure against the designs of men, secure against the malignity of the Gods, they have accomplished a thing of infinite difficulty; that to them nothing remains even to be wished.

Johannes

Arcane
Hmm. You know, that raises an interesting question: How *IS* Nazi Germany seen in Finland, anyway? They were allied during the war, fighting against the Soviet Union, and unlike Japan, we never stomped on them and tried to beat it out of them, not entirely successfully: Nazi imagery is far more common in Asia, where it never developed a horrible rep as the Nazis never did anything to them and all the things they did happened only to weird foreigners nobody really cares about.

I have seen recent images of people with beer bellies, german Stahlhelm and real Nazi flags as decoration (not the Finish thingy), so I think nothing has changed at all. They go to their Saunas swith a Suomi SMG and once you are drunk on Finnish vodka you could wear a SS uniform and raise the right arm and no one will give a shit. I think Finns are quite simple people, they only want to be left alone, can you remember anything ever coming out of Finnland except Nokia, Vodka, machine guns and hockey players?
Excellent description of Pekka Siitoin: The Country based on recent images you saw on the internets.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Not sure if doing it right?

msc_kilju.jpg

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Gave this another go today, finally created a driveable car, 5 seconds later my drive gear pops off.

Fixed, no problem. After going on the road to the town I noticed my brakes weren't working and died against a tree.

Ah well, I guess I can make the car in under an hour now.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I must try this. After reading the comments and watching the videos I think it has potential to be Greatest Game of All Time.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I tried to play this stupid game but the mouse input is just too annoying. Only Finns and Hillbillies would play such masochistic crap.

I still give it 10/10

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
This reminds me of that game that Penn & Teller put into some CD as a joke one time, Bus Trip to Vegas. You drive an old bus with misaligned tires all the way from LA to Vegas in real time, with no stop points and no saved games.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
It's hilariously fun and stupid game. I had tremendous fun assembling my poor old car (had engine almost properly assembled, missing only engine plate and starter on the first try), consulted guides for wiring and fuel filter. And then it was on fire because I accidentally tuned carburetor wrong. I drowned in the septic tank, sent Datsun flying with misplaced push, was hit by the train, turned my van on the roof, found myself and my moped in the swamp after the steep turn, flipped vacuum truck, pissed in the sauna and said saatan perkele vittu one thousand times. Cottages and some small things aside, it looks like a small Siberian village and environs. :troll: Fucking feel of rustic life is accurate to a T. I have never thought that my very modest skills of driving motorboat and lake navigation would be so useful in the video game.
11/10. Best hybrid of URW with a car mechanic simulator.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
There is the update! There are now drunken fights, new job, new parts, new interesting places and a working computer that you can use to access BBS or play games.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
can you remember anything ever coming out of Finnland except Nokia, Vodka, machine guns and hockey players?
Max Payne, Remedy Entertainment, Angry Birds, Clash of Clans, a ton of demoscene groups like Future Crew, 3DMark benchmarks and Fiskars.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Max Payne, Remedy Entertainment, Angry Birds, Clash of Clans, a ton of demoscene groups like Future Crew, 3DMark benchmarks and Fiskars.
Unreal World, IVAN and that AIDS roguelike.

EDIT: Also after spending several days with jack, wrenches and propane blowtorch just to replace both wheel cylinders, ABS wheel sensor and bleed brakes I again appreciate that there are no rusted bolts in My Summer Car. :negative:

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
You forgot Legend of Grimrock-games, Stardust for Amiga (and Super Stardust for Amiga 1200)...also Alien Incident, and many others.

:mob:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
But apart from My Summer Car, Linux, IRC, Nokia, Legend of Grimrock, Angry Birds and Unreal World, what have the Finns ever done for us?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
My Summer Autism was updated and it now has "a story ending"

It ends like it starts

But the real kicker comes from the fact that the update also... takes away the access to the van and the truck from the player. So you literally start the game without a car. You have to pick god damn strawberries or grind money otherwise before that.

You'd think that all the assholery ways the game can fuck you over or break your car would've been enough, but nah. The developer just had to go there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom