Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myrkvidr - Ultima-inspired game made using RPG Maker

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's easy to discern, but stylistically it looks like shit - like someone took a screenshot of a skeleton in another game or simply googled a picture of a skeleton and then ran a ton of shitty photoshop filters to disguise the copyright infringement.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
https://myrkvidr.itch.io/myrkvidr/devlog/92247/major-updates-underway
MAJOR UPDATES GOING ON!

• ALL of the monster artwork is being updated with greater detail and color. The first concept was going to leave the monsters in the dark but stylistically it didnt quite hold up to the expected vision. Higher contrast and brighter colors are being implemented to keep things interesting and to avoid the dreaded graphical fatigue. See screenshots for example.
the current game download is still the original BETA test version with the old features. check our page for the items still in development and look out or the next major upload of game data!
CQj%2FpG.jpg

k68HGq.jpg

Myrkvidr

Arcane
Developer
I was even getting bored of looking at the monsters lol.. but anyway. in addition to adding more color to the sprites, i have been working really hard to make the game mechanics more interesting. i am adding a lot of side quests to unlock additional character classes in the game.. a thief class with a whole quest line of its own and a Lorekeeper Class which can be unlocked and works similarly to the Blue Mage in Final Fantasy. the initial demo version you guys are all talking about is just that, a rough draft. I hope to flesh this world out big time and I'm having a ton of fun doing it. since this is a labor of love and not a business venture, i can really afford to get crazy with it. thanks everyone for your feedback and hopefully you will check the game out when it is done.

https://myrkvidr.itch.io/myrkvidr/devlog/92247/major-updates-underway
MAJOR UPDATES GOING ON!

• ALL of the monster artwork is being updated with greater detail and color. The first concept was going to leave the monsters in the dark but stylistically it didnt quite hold up to the expected vision. Higher contrast and brighter colors are being implemented to keep things interesting and to avoid the dreaded graphical fatigue. See screenshots for example.
the current game download is still the original BETA test version with the old features. check our page for the items still in development and look out or the next major upload of game data!
CQj%2FpG.jpg

k68HGq.jpg

Ranarama

Learned
paper sorcerer had a clean look. This is like someone trying to copy that style but not really understanding how to make it work

I agree. So clean it looked suspiciously like my desktop after a game had crashed

I'm liking the look of this game. It's obviously taking a page from the good ultimas.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone played this since it was released? the video looks good, reminds me of when I was a wee-agris.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom