Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So let me get this straight.

You and your Circle arrived at the secondary vault four days ago. It was only when you saw it that you realized just how much wealth the old empire had. There is more gold here than in entire imperial cities. You and your friends are rich... very rich. At first you had intended to simply carry everything by wagon but that would take far too long. Instead you opened a gate to your tower and let your warriors and the children carry everything through. It will take weeks to clear out the vault and the smaller holdings of the three Damned Orders but you are willing to take the time.
When we have cleared up the gold from the vaults in Muirthemne by wagons, and got more of it than entire cities had, our wealth was said to be 1000 WPs. That would put us in the top 5% of the rich people in the Empire.

You could buy a fort for 60 WPs, and you could recruit 30 'green' men for 5 a month (30 Legion veterans for 15 a month).

And a single fucking grave-robber could own as much as 4000 WPs and could pay for a spell that, if paid in gold, would take a whole caravan to transport the payment?

After Albrecht murdered several Great Houses and the merchant families supporting them, confiscating all of their money, all their liquid cash - ALL OF IT - was estimated to be 3500 WPs. That's the Dwarven Kingdom, mind you, the country that has spa salons that take 200 WPs for a visit.

You probably could buy a city with that kind of money and get a private army to do your grave-robbing for you, only bringing you artefacts.

What is up with the prices? How come the economy did not come crashing down yet? :lol:

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
When we have cleared up the gold from the vaults in Muirthemne by wagons, and got more of it than entire cities had, our wealth was estimated to be 1000 WPs. That would put us in the top 5% of the rich people in the Empire.

It is not about quantity, it is about quality. At any rate he was not walking around with 4000WPs worth of gold, he was walking around with a single gemstone.

If it makes you feel any better he did not get fair value for it. He traded it for the mentalist spell mentioned above. Derry does not know what happened to the stone after that.

Nevill said:
And a single fucking grave-robber could own as much as 4000 WPs and could pay for a spell that, if paid in gold, would take a whole caravan to transport the payment?

Yep. Funny how that works isn't it? ;)

Nevill said:
You probably could buy a city with that kind of money and get a private army to do your grave-robbing for you, only bringing you artefacts.

What is up with the prices? How come the economy did not come crashing down yet? :lol:

Not if no one will take the money. There is such a thing as being too rich, having something that is worthless because it is priceless.

It is not an enjoyable experience to be the richest man in the Kingdom but utterly powerless, not despite, but because of that fact.

Nevill

Arcane
It is not about quantity, it is about quality. At any rate he was not walking around with 4000WPs worth of gold, he was walking around with a single gemstone.
What kind of..? How does..? What is this even.

How much does our Halcyon Stone would cost to the right buyer? Right buyer being someone who couldn't just murder us for it and get away with it.

Fangshi

Arcane
Your half of the Halcyon Stone would be valued at about 2500WPs, the full stone would be close to 5000WPs.

But it is useless to say that since you would never get those prices for it, there is not that much free flowing wealth in the world. Besides, anyone that would both want, and be able to pay for the Halcyon Stone could simply kill you and take it, there would be no buying it.

Nevill

Arcane
So what was Henry's gemsone, and why did he sell it off?

The man dreamed about getting the half of the Halcyon Stone, yet he let go of a much greater treasure.

If he wanted that particular mage dead or incapacitated there are probably easier and cheaper ways. Derryth did not need thousands of WPs to have a kill count in the hundreds. ;)

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
So what was Henry's gemsone, and why did he sell it off?

Henry told her it was the Ruby of the Wild Marches, some sort of fabled gem from the early days of the Province, supposedly it was a part of the first Marquis' staff of office, given to him by the Emperor himself.

The thing is though, Derry is fairly certain Henry was lying.

The reason he gave her was that, 'wealth will do you no good if the Brannons cut your head off and toss your corpse into the ocean.'

Nevill said:
The man dreamed about getting the half of the Halcyon Stone, yet he let go of a much greater treasure.

He was a mage, he was after power, not wealth, and he seemed to believe he would live longer without the gem than he would clinging to it.

Nevill said:
If he wanted that particular mage dead or incapacitated there are probably easier and cheaper ways. Derryth did not need thousands of WPs to have a kill count in the hundreds. ;)

Maybe he was trying to avoid a bodycount in the hundreds. That could be a possibility right?

Nevill

Arcane
The reason he gave her was that, 'wealth will do you no good if the Brannons cut your head off and toss your corpse into the ocean.'
He wanted a mentalist spell that would only react to the memories of a particular mage, when the active spell came within range of the target it wiped their mind.
So that's why the most talented mage they can come up with now is Cleary. :lol:

Maybe he was trying to avoid a bodycount in the hundreds. That could be a possibility right?
But why would anyone do that? :cool:

Except, of course, to have a kill count in the thousands.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
So that's why the most talented mage they can come up with now is Cleary. :lol:

I don't know, Cleary is competent enough but then so is Lyssa and you saw how Big M treated her. He demands perfection.

Nevill said:
But why would anyone do that? :cool:

Except, of course, to have a kill count in the thousands.

I see you are taking a page from Mazzarin's Book... he would be so proud...

Current Tally:

Nevill:
1.E, 2.E, 3.C, 4.Aiv, 5.A, 6.A, 7.A:i,ii,iii,iv

Grimgravy:
1.C, 2.E>A>Ciii, 3.B, 4.B, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x

Karwelas:
1.E, 2.E, 3.C, 4.Av, 5.A, 6.A, 7.A:i,ii,iii,iv

Kz3r0:
1.C, 2.D, 3.B, 4.Aiii, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x

Jester:
1.C, 2.A, 3.C, 4.B, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x

Azira:
1.E, 2.E, 3.C, 4.Aiv, 5.A, 6.x, 7.x

asxetos:
1.E, 2.E, 3.C, 4.Aiv, 5.A, 6.A, 7.A:i,ii,iii,iv

4 votes E
3 votes C

5 votes E
1 vote A
1 votes D

5 votes C
2 votes B

3 votes Aiv
2 votes B
1 vote Aiii
1 vote Av

4 votes A
3 votes undeclared

3 vote A
4 votes undeclared

3 vote A:
3/3 vote Ai
3/3 vote Aii
3/3 vote Aiii
3/3 vote Aiv
0/3 votes Av
4 votes undeclared

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
I don't know, Cleary is competent enough but then so is Lyssa and you saw how Big M treated her. He demands perfection.
I actually wonder if Mazzarin would dump him on us at one point, he clearly considers him a headache and a waste of his time, and does not care if we bring him misery or not.

Besides, the satisfaction of dropping a Brannon and all the corresponding family problems on us would be too good for him to pass up. :lol:

Fangshi said:
I see you are taking a page from Mazzarin's Book... he would be so proud...
He writes books, too? Can- can we read them?

About our Coin-Sith.
Nevill said:
Fangshi said:
Their collars are enchanted but she is not sure with what and they did not tell her.
...Care to clarify, Finn? :)

Nope. :smug:

No reason to give you the operator's manual if you are just going to kick the tires.
Alright, so perhaps now would be a better time to do it?

Shouldn't they be added to our organization, or are they not a part of it just yet? How many of them did we get, how many of them are adults/pups?

What is the structure of the pack? I get it that Enrico is a patriarch/leader/alpha male, but do they have nuances other than that? Is the position of the leader of the pack hereditary? If they have the concept of nobility, would it make Raegen/Raniero the next in line?

As an aside, it would not surprise me if the dogs, or at least, Enrico himself can not only understand Bruig/Dwarven, but also speak it as well. I mean, they can speak Fey, so they have the necessary vocal capabilities, and their handler is Cropper, who is pretty fluent with the languages of mortals. I guess we'll see. :)

About the votes.

So what are the differences between my plan and that of Karwelas?
- They both involve cooperating with Reinhard on the army screening.
- They both have us meeting the leaders of the relief force in the process.
- They both give the mission to screen the less important people in the army to our or Reinhard's subordinates and gathering the reports before the meeting.

The only difference I see that I suggest we go to sleep, and Karwelas suggests we go to the Dreaming instead. Is that it?

Wonder where is everyone. I see asxetos and archaen in this thread sometimes, but it's been a long time since they have voted. Come back, guys, we could use your input! :)

Voting 6A and 7Ai-iv.

asxetos

Augur
I am always lurking for new updates but these days i dont have time to participate in the voting discussion so i stay out of it.

I'll vote now to break the tie though:
1E
2E
3C
4Aiv
5A
6A
7Ai-iv

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep. I think at the end it is only difference. At least if I remember.
By the way, I see that our fey are based on Celtic/Irish aes sídhe. Or I think they are. Their character, acting and other things. This is why Berty warned us about their food ;)
(In legends eating their food or drink drinks make you fall into their charm and preety much act like that Finn spell that we fell on us good enough when we met him first time. This is why Nev 'Trick and Treat' is good to deal with them. They will know that we know rules of their game)

And found something. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fir_Bolg

And about our dogs - I suggest treat them like magical beasts, even more then our mices. If they are like fey hounds, we really, really may be fucked up if we do something bad in their eyes ( if it involve them)

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
He writes books, too? Can- can we read them?

You would have to steal them. :lol:

Nevill said:
Alright, so perhaps now would be a better time to do it?

Finn says that the collars provide minor physical and magic protection for the hounds. The collars also ensure that Finn can find them when needed and they give Finn a means to discipline the hound.

Nevill said:
Shouldn't they be added to our organization, or are they not a part of it just yet? How many of them did we get, how many of them are adults/pups?

They were added to the faction list, they have not sworn fealty to you yet so they are not members 'proper'.

Twenty six, sixteen of which are pups and the remaining ten are adults.

You have Enrico, Raegen, Enrico's three wives, Raegen's wife, Raegen's two brothers, the widow of one of Reagen's brothers and Raegen's sister.

Nevill said:
The only difference I see that I suggest we go to sleep, and Karwelas suggests we go to the Dreaming instead. Is that it?

Yep.

Jester

Arbiter
Nevill said:
I am interested about these guys. What sort of connection did we have with them?

Barri was a mean little dwarf, refused to talk about his past, refused to go back to the Kingdom, drank a lot too, but, he was fearless and had no problem breaking just about any laws Henry needed broken. Henry would employ him if a job required violence with little subtlety, grave robbing usually though sometime he went after living targets as well.
I think you might used wrong name here... or we found out some new interesting things about certain patch finder... or we got one Bari and one Barri. Talk about confusing
A magical academy. One affiliate with the Circles, namely with the Sisters of Silent Repose, the Brothers of Steel Striking Stone, the Twice Twisted Chain, the Astromancers of the Winding Wood, and the Crooked Man and his brood.
Interesting. Brothers sound like bunch of magical martial artists and rest is more confusing.
Nevill said:
What is a 'Spellwright'?
A person that builds custom spells. You tell them what you need, they tell you what materials they require and how much time and money it will cost. Then they go from there.
They are not cheap but Henry made use of her services when neccesary, when he needed a scroll or a spell that he could not figure out on his own.
Wait what? Builds custom spells or deciphers them? Taking into consideration how hard is it to know few magical theory paths i cant imagine how hard it is to build spells.
Her background is the stuff of drunken tales around the tavern fireplace and that is clearly the way she liked to keep it. It is not that she would not talk about her past, it is just that you know for a certainty she was lying every time she did it. Henry and her were kindred spirits, they both like to drink, they both loved adventure and neither of them had much time for rules and the like.
Sound fun.

Nevill said:
Wait, it is definitely inhabited to have a harbour or even an inn. But...

Harbour is a nice term for it. A more accurate description would probably be, 'small, hidden bay filled with pirate, smugglers, murderers, fugitives and the cast-offs of human civilization'. Henry knew where it was on the island and so Derry does, the two of them had to hide their once for a month after offending the wrong noble family. The pirate den has a population of maybe two hundred at any given time and the Imperial Navy would love to find out where they are hiding so that they could put an end to Leix all over again.
Tortuga... frigging hidden Tortuga.
Nevill said:
Do we know something the general populace doesn't? ;)

You know something that the government of the Province does not know, yes.
Yep that those crafty pirates evaded them by renaming port to Tortuga.
Henry knew her from his days as a respected member of the magical community. She seemed nice the two times you met her, very polite, but every now and then, when Henry was not looking, she would give him a look that spoke of pity and sorrow.

Naturally you never did get Henry to tell you what happened to him before he met you, maybe it was simply to embarrassing or too important of a secret, or maybe it had something to do with your 2 CHA... :lol:
"Hey dipshit give me your backstory".
They refer to the constantly stormy waters off the coast to the north of Tandem. Some say that the spirits that drowned when old Yer-Ks sank do not rest, that an entire Kingdom of shadows live on, furious at the mortal world, and that their hate manifests as the storms that wrack the coast.
Shadows like those bound by eldritch abomination in Mios chapter?
Not a lot, most people ignore Gower, it is a poor country, a frontier country. It was founded by settlers and malcontents from the Old Cath Bruig and the Berserk lands, as a result Gowermen are a mixture of Berserk and Bruig in most things.

From what you have read, Gower is dotted with tiny farming villages that cluster around hill forts, when threatened the local peasants flee to the wooden forts of their lord, sometimes this helps them, sometimes it does not.

The country is ruled by a Marcher Lord, all supposedly descended of the same bloodline. The current ruler simply calls herself Tywysoges, it is a title, meaning ruler, not a name. She also rarely receives guests.
She huh? Might be worth a while to make some trade there dont sound like there will be strong competition there. If there is ambition there might become something bigger.

think about making a network of spys and smugglers all around the towns to get information from them?
It would really help us in... every kind of thing. After we deal (or should I say... if) with Watcher we probably will have next big problem - Brannons
Well judging from our spendings im not sure we got money to establish any spy network. To do that we need proper spy-master and money to buy people... although was entertaining an idea to use entertaining and thief mouses from fort.

Imagine a grocery shop somewhere in capital of empire. Dim room at back of it illuminated by candle on table. Most of table is occupied with various kinds of cheese... Gouda, Cheddar and that blue one... that something something... Never mind. Dozen of red eyes gazing at spymaster sitting at the table patiently mesurring lumps of cheese. Quiet squeaking conversation taking place as each team is reporting their findings. Suddenly someone breaks doors. Several armed people enters the room and spymaster hear the most dreaded words "PETA inspection hands in the air".

Still we got some things scheduled after watcher so mby lets clear them a bit, Inventor sleep long enough time for wake up call. There are things to do, people to kill, magicks to research. We have enough military personnel we need more administrators in my opinion.

Yes, magic academies can have contact with each other. Usually in the form of assassination, bribery, theft and the like.
Which is why I find it highly unusual that Henry knows so many people from so many different universities. Did Derry ever suspect that he may be a part of some secret society or something? :lol:
He was in charge of adultery. Academies have quotas to.
Nevill said:
Who writes the books like the Elemental Tome we have sitting in Mayer's stash, and for what purpose? Mages would not want to create more mages, and the academies do not want their knowledge spread, either.

Must have been someone who does not agree that knowledge should be horded. You do not know about the history of the book so you can not say beyond that.
Person or people. Would be funny if after following this we end up finding out it was written by bunch of nutcase researches like dwarven academy.
Nevill said:
How? I mean, how does that work? You have multiple Circles opposing each other, and you have them all teaching in the same academy? How do they prevent class-on-class wars when there is so much conflict of interest?

None of the Circles are rich enough or powerful enough to have their own school. They can either work together and split the new recruits or they can fight each other and get absolutely no new recruits.

Like all things with Circles they follow their own interests. That does not mean that fights don't occur though, sometimes people disappear, sometimes they die, but the Headmasters of the academies tend to be the most powerful mages in the facilities, if they decide you are causing too much trouble they will remove you and that goes a long way toward maintaining order.
Sound like Hogwarts.
Nevill said:
How cheap is 'not cheap', exactly? Just an example of the spells Henry ordered and the prices he paid.

He wanted a mentalist spell that would only react to the memories of a particular mage, when the active spell came within range of the target it wiped their mind. Serious magic. It cost 1500WPs and six months to make.
Holly, screw word conquest here lays true money.

Nevill said:
What are the usual threats? Ghols? Undead? Myrkridia?

Throw in Trow, mauls, drought and famine and you would have a good idea of what they deal with.

Gower is a hard land for hard people.
... Yeah probably that's why those vacation offers to there are so cheap.

Fangshi

Arcane
Jester said:
I think you might used wrong name here... or we found out some new interesting things about certain patch finder... or we got one Bari and one Barri. Talk about confusing

Yep, the last option, two different Bar(r)is.

Bari is your Pathfinder ally and a semi-psychotic torturer XTREME.

Barri was a drunken mercenary that Heny would use from time to time.

Some names are just common, you should be thankful that the two of them use different spellings and live on opposite sides of the continent. ;)

Jester said:
Interesting. Brothers sound like bunch of magical martial artists and rest is more confusing.

Yes, they specialize in physical, metal and earth spells. They are great in unarmed combat and with most weapons of wood or steel. They are also a strictly male Circle, sort of like the Heron Guard are strictly male, at least for the moment.

Jester said:
Wait what? Builds custom spells or deciphers them? Taking into consideration how hard is it to know few magical theory paths i cant imagine how hard it is to build spells.

Yeah, it is a very complex process to build spells for other people. You need to not only figure out how to craft the thing but also how to craft it in such a way that your client can easily use it.

That is why it is such an expensive and time consuming process. Spellwrights are often in high demand for just that reason and a lot of the more powerful people/organizations in the setting work hard to recruit and maintain them. The biggest concentration of spellwrights at the moment work for the Brannons, the Clan may not have great 'natural' mages but many people think they are trying to buy themselves an archmage by commissioning the necessary spells.

Jester said:
"Hey dipshit give me your backstory".

More or less, yes. :lol:

Then Henry would just laugh at her and get her drunk so she would stop asking.

Jester said:
Shadows like those bound by eldritch abomination in Mios chapter?

That is what the legends say, yes.

Most people avoid the place though, even the Skrael stay away from the northern swamps unless they have business there.

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
E) Mr. Tacticus: He is... well, he is a Trow. It came as a shock to everyone. He will not tell you why he is in the Dwarven Kingdom, why he is seeking employment, or anything about himself. He also demands a rather large stipend but he claims to have hundreds of years experience fighting actual wars and says he is a master at taking cities (and as a result holding them as well). (WPs 60 monthly)
Do we know if our wonder tactician is still in Myrgard? I think we might have just enough money to afford him if he is.

I will add the question about him to the letter (under the 7Ai, update on Myrgard).

He would be ideal for retaking and holding Stoneheim. Would be funny if Reinhardt had the same idea and hired him to accompany the army. :)

In other news, what do we need to repurpose our third spell ring? A vote?
Derryth's character sheet said:
Gold Ring (Can store one spell for instant use at a later time.) [Currently Storing: Greater Energy Bolt]
The lack of mandrake roots makes me want to store on Heals.

Can we arm our mice with needles, pins and other small. pointy and sharp stuff that could serve as a weapon?

Can we, if need arises, put these items in a pile and enchant them as a single item by virtue of them being very small? I know the arrows take less time to enchant because of their size (I remember 10 arrows counting as 1 item), so if we take items that are even smaller than that, it should be faster, right?

The idea is to enchant their 'weapons' with a Poisonous Oath and grant them means to fell or incapacitate even a grown-up man/beast, which they can't otherwise do. A poisoned needle is a perfect neutralizing tool.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Do we know if our wonder tactician is still in Myrgard? I think we might have just enough money to afford him if he is.

He is probably still there but you do not know for sure.

Nevill said:
I will add the question about him to the letter (under the 7Ai, update on Myrgard).

Sure, as long as no one objects.

Nevill said:
In other news, what do we need to repurpose our third spell ring? A vote?

Yes, a vote would be needed for such an action as it changes your combat capablities.

Nevill said:
Can we arm our mice with needles, pins and other small. pointy and sharp stuff that could serve as a weapon?

Most of them are already armed with 'weapons' they are proficient with, but yes, you could give them needles if you wanted to. In many cases it would be a step up from the wooden weapons they are using.

Not all of them prefer 'swords' and 'rapiers' though.

Nevill said:
Can we, if need arises, put these items in a pile and enchant them as a single item by virtue of them being very small? I know the arrows take less time to enchant because of their size (I remember 10 arrows counting as 1 item), so if we take items that are even smaller than that, it should be faster, right?

Yes. But it would need a vote.

Nevill

Arcane
Not all of them prefer 'swords' and 'rapiers' though.
As long as they have something capable of piercing the sking and delivering the poison to the blood stream. This is more of a specialized weapon designed for big targets that the rats can not overpower otherwise. Those who feel more comfortable with other weapons can keep them as long as they get a secondary set.

Alright.

8. Do you want to make the following adjustments to the character's sheet?
Ai - arm your third spell ring with Heal instead of Greater Energy Bolt and loan it to Lyssa (so that each of you had means of quick healing)
Aii - arm your mice squad with sharp and pointy weapon and enchant them with Poison Oath to make them capable of taking down a person.
B - No, no adjustments are necessary.

8 Ai, Aii.

Also, what does the Sea of Glass look like? Does it look anything like this?
In_The_Glass_Forest_by_a1106047.jpg

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Also, what does the Sea of Glass look like? Does it look anything like this?

Maybe a little but the shards are much larger and thicker, making it more of a maze, and the colouring is different.

It is comprised of massive 'trunks', columns of tinted glass that extend straight upward and end in an explosion of 'leaves' and 'branches' at the top. At a distance these columns look a little like trees and so that is what Derry thought of when she saw it. They are completely smooth though, these glass trees, the only bumps on them are the dead and dying bodies and limbs of the Goddess' followers. They poke through the surface of the glass, all along its edges, like drops of sap beading on the bark of a tree, or wax on a mirror if you would prefer that comparison.

The trees are packed so closely together that they, in effect, form walls. And the only entry cut in this maze that Derry can see sits on the road south. Likely put there by Mazzarin himself.

The whole thing is mostly a mirrored silver but there are large patches of red and black where cultists and demons have been trapped, their bodies punctured by the glass as it was forming. Their blood, red and black respectively, seeped out and coloured the areas around their bodies giving it a different hue.

The glass shards/trees/pillars seem to extend below the surface as the entire thing has sunk into the sand a little. Smoke and assorted (likely poisonous) vapours also waft out of the single entrance and up through the 'branches' and 'leaves' at the top. It is likely that the sand is still cooking in the heart of the structure, the heat trapped, burrowing a hole further into the liquid earth.

You can not be sure but if you had to guess the whole thing is maybe three kilometres in diameter (so about seven square kilometres all told, if my math skills have not horribly failed me ;)).

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
So the road leads straight through that thing?

Can we dig up a tunnel and take toll from caravans passing through? For, ah, sight maintenance or something. Since we are the next of kin to the sculptor and everything. :lol:

Albrecht should definitely consider the whole idea.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
So the road leads straight through that thing?

Can we dig up a tunnel and take toll from caravans passing through? For, ah, sight maintenance or something. Since we are the next of kin to the sculptor and everything. :lol:

Albrecht should definitely consider the whole idea.

Sure but Mazzarin will want a cut of the money raised.

Nevill

Arcane
What does he need money for?

The man probably can conjure gold out of thin air.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
What does he need money for?

The man probably can conjure gold out of thin air.

He will probably melt it down and use it to tile his bedroom with, maybe the walls too... maybe Cleary as well if the Brannon annoys him...

It is not so much that he needs it, it is the principle of the thing!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Yes to heal in the ring for lyssa.
No to poison weapons for rodents.
Don't want to pay for another tactician
Abstain on the rest of the new questions

Nevill

Arcane
Well, if anyone wants the full plan about the rodents, it is as follows:

Enchant their weapons and mount them on the eagles to drop them behind the enemy lines and disable enemy mages.

No one expects the eagles to carry mice. Maybe some would expect them to carry spell rings for a single target spell if TWM told anyone about his demise at Blackrock, but that's it.
No one expects the eagles to start dropping mice. Letters? Sure. Bombs? Unviable due to weight constrains, but possible. Mice? Haha, no. They'll just fall to their deaths.
No one expects the mice being able to fly. Because, seriously.
No one expects the mice to be armed with anything but their teeth. Because, seriously, really.
No one expects the mice to have a magical training and be able to single out and target mages. Because, seriously, really, WTF.
No one expects the mice to be able to deal real damage. What is a bite or even a needle sting to a human?
And even when stung, no one will suspect anything outright as the poison does not take effect immediately.

What this effectively does is that it makes mages go WTF when the mice start falling on them (hence the airborne training started several updates back), then go 'Get it off me!' as the rats land square on their faces, then 'It bit me! Oh God, will I get rabies?' No one will guess this is anything more than a prank to momentarily distract them and seemingly nothing will happen for a minute or two... until the paralysis sets in and people start dropping, but then it would be too late to do anything about it.

It will be my go-to plan to deal with the Watcher's horde if Mazzy takes care of the big threats/undead mages.

Also, it would make rat paratroopers perfect for compound infiltration missions. Drop them over a wall and wait for them to take down the guards. It is so wicked, it's glorious.:love:

Well, even if we don't make rat weapons a constant enchantment now, we can still enchant them later on a case-by-case basis, I suppose.

Fangshi, can our caster mice control and target the magical aphids?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom