Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Necromunda (TABLETOP) is coming back

Ranarama

Learned
Bah, they should get Mode 7 to do Frozen Synapse with Necromunda theming and gangs.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Gangs whose figs are of similar size are a big plus IMHO...

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's not just the tabletop, the guys who did the Mordheim game have been working on a Necromunda project for quite some time now, called Necromunda: Underhive Wars. There's an interview on RPS from february, the official announcement from Focus Home Interactive only came out a couple of months ago. Seems like GW is trying to revive the setting entirely, which is fine by me.

I was really enjoying the gameplay in Mordheim, so I am looking forward to a somewhat similar style of game with improvements here and there. Inventory management sucked and some of the warbands were too similar gameplay wise, so hopefully they took the feedback and are improving on it with Necromunda.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
From a Necromunda Facebook page :

"This is what I have heard from legit sources so far.
The 2D tiles in the box are 2D versions of the Forgeworld resin 'Zone Mortalis' tiles.
There are 9 double sided 12" square tiles in the box, so you will have enough to cover a 3-foot square table.
There is going to be an expansion book released on the same day as the main boxed game which gives all the rules for playing in a 3D environment with walkways and platform. (just like they did last year with Blood Bowl and Death Zone)."

Wtf? I stopped following GW years ago, could anyone explain this to me? Are they now releasing 'stripped down' and 'full' game versions or what?

Mojomancer

Novice
Necromunda will be a standalone board game that's 2D. There will be a 3D Necromunda rulebook too.

If you want to play the old Necromunda rules with normal 40K minis just now though then Shadow War is what you are looking for.

My guess is that the base game is a way of getting the minis out there with a standalone game and the 3D book is the actual rules.

Chances are good they will release the minis on their own and the 3D rules on their own if you want to play 3D necro without having to buy 2 gangs and a bunch of boards you don't want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom