Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Underhive Wars - tactical RPG from Mordheim devs

Ventidius

Arbiter
I like how this has been shaping up so far. Rogue Factor are starting to look like major incline-bringers.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
"Dynamic Presentation" my ass. So it will be as shitty and nonsensical in terms of controls as Mordheim was ? Probably not news to anyone else but I wasn't following it and hoped they won't be retarded enough to do it again.
Sorry guys you won't see my money this time.

Wonder if it'll be more than just a Mordheim reskin in general...

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really need to stop clicking on threads about RPGs that aren't out yet, just no point getting even mildly excited for games that are probably going to end up as disappointments

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
New screenshots: https://www.focus-home.com/en/news/...eenshots-deep-within-its-rusting-environments

id-15.jpg
id-16.jpg
id-17.jpg

Necromunda: Underhive Wars is the first video game adaptation of the Games Workshop tabletop game, with a unique setting and perspective on the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Created by Rogue Factor, developers of Mordheim: City of the Damned, the game blends fast-paced tactical combat with RPG elements and deep unit customization. Today, go deep into the the cavernous domes and rusted corridors of the Underhive with three new screenshots showing warfare between the rival Escher and Goliath gangs, in preparation for the game’s release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 2019.

The turn-based tactical gameplay pits you against rival gangs in brutal gunfights across huge, vertical environments. Necromunda is a planet covered in poisonous ash wastes, forcing its population to live in Hive Cities, massive man-made structures built up over thousands of years to serve just one purpose: provide to the Imperium. In Hive Primus, the rich and noble live above the clouds in the Spire while the poorest and worst-off live in a massive and forgotten subterranean metropolis, the Underhive, where criminals fight in perpetual gang wars for control.

Necromunda: Underhive Wars releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 2019.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Ugh, can't wait for 2019, this is probably the game I'm looking forward to the most right now. Yep, even more than Phoenix Point.

Jinn

Arcane
I can't imagine it deviates too much from their approach in Mordheim.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I wonder how (((game journos))) will deal with the fact that Escher is a blatand parody on radical feminists.

What makes it so funny is Clan Escher is exactly how SJWs depict their stronk women in comic books, games etc. Danger hair amazons using guns and physical violence to get their own way*. But as with most hardline religous/social groups SJWs cannot into parody/humor so they will probably just applaud this depiction of Necromunda.

*There is a particular obsession with blunt force trauma to the head, this keeps appearing in recent comics, I bet there is a gold mine of psychoanalysis just in that.

zapotec

Liturgist
I want to know too, so they can go back and fix some of the mordherim desync bugsb :argh:

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Art irks me but hope its a good game. Do this in a way that dosnt take forever but is still faithful to the original, put good matchmaking or even good mmo type multiplayer and have a game that could be really popular imo.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess this explains the silence, that Rogue Factor is a subsidiary of Cyanide: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...the-middleweight-champion-of-games-publishing

"We have a big ambition, and we want to fuel this ambition with creativity," he says. "We need to do things that are different, and be experts in the genres in which we want to be a serious player, a serious publisher.

"That is only achievable by bringing people in-house. We need to dig into a few genres, and build our expertise year after year after year... It needs to be done with people you are working with for the long-term."

Clerc mentions one recent hire as an example; Jonathan Jacques-Belletête, executive art director for Eidos Montreal and the Deus Ex franchise, who recently joined the Cyanide subsidiary Rogue Factor as its creative director.

"He decided to leave Square Enix and work with us at Rogue Factor, because he gets the insurance that his creativity will be better served there than working for a major," Clerc says. "This is the incarnation, the proof, that we want to give the creative people inside Bigben the power."

I assume they're negotiating with Focus to buy this game.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Mordheim was enjoyable, even if a bit unpolished. I would like to think, that taking their time with Necromunda will make the game smoother at launch, but I hope they will release some more information soon before the game goes into vaporware territory.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mordheim was really cool but it needed some sort of "overworld", something to make the game feel a bit more "alive". Even though I enjoyed the combat and the systems a lot, after a while it got repetitive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom