Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Neocron Evolution

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by MadMaxHellfire, Oct 16, 2019.

1. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    https://www.neocron-game.com/

Old game still kept alive I don't know how I don't know why.
    Two thirds through beta Neocron was the most amazing MMORPG ever, so filled with people (whose characters had physicality was in place and could or couldn't be shoved depending on their stats) that it was necessary to know lesser used paths in order to avoid too crowded streets, features were abundant and more were yet to come, there were no classes a la ultima, graphics were good and atmosphere was top notch.
    Then Reakktor started pulling features away and canceling those promised. Many people left even before the end of free beta, launch ended in a massacre.

Today Neocron graphics are utter crap, controls are pretty bad, interface is convoluted and especially crafting tools could use a streamlining but after the death of Fallen Earth I felt nostalgic so do yourself a favor and try this, because it fills me with sadness to watch Neocron with NOBODY playing it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Man, I used to play the hell out of this game when I was... younger.

I actually tried it "recently", about a year ago or so. Runs well on Linux, Wine be praised.
    Anyway... the controls and interface killed it for me. I just don't have the patience to deal with games that get in my way like that anymore.

^ Top  
  3. deama Liturgist

deama
    I played it several months ago for the first time, was fairly interesting but I remember having some problems with the interfaces and what to do.

^ Top  
  4. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    I tried it a few months ago too. It's a ghost town, unsurprisingly.

^ Top  
  5. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    that's why we have to go back playing it. repopulate!

^ Top  
  6. ZeniBot Arbiter

ZeniBot
    People are waiting for Neocron Classic. That's why there's barely anyone playing. Neocron Classic is the better version as it doesn't have the shitty half baked ideas from Neocron 2. Problem is that NC Classic is buggy as hell so we're still waiting.
    https://neocron.org/

^ Top  
  7. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    reakktor failed to deliver neocron in the first place. why should i trust them to be able to deliver it *again*?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i got out of the tutorial zone and i saw people. PEOPLE! living people in the city of neocron! 10 of them where there used to be 1000, but people!
    also walking in front of where my character used to live left on my face a huge smile. i'm just too damn romantic for this world =_=

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ZeniBot Arbiter

ZeniBot
    You shouldn't. Point was though that its in the works and if its ever finished without being a shitfest lots of players will be playing there.

^ Top  
  10. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    today i teamed with two other people in a low level area. i'm going to cry.

the grind is pretty heavy, i remember tinkering with lots of implants from the get-go but now i have to be shot in the face for hours to level up some constitution.

^ Top  
  11. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    Shame Reakktor got duped into believing that they'd be able to cash in on arena shooters with Toxikk. No one bought it or played it and now we might not get a Neocron 3 because of it.

^ Top  
  12. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    I bought and played it!
    For a few hours until I realized it is actually a pretty mediocre thing not coming close to those few that are doing well.
    No idea what they were thinking.

^ Top  
  13. ZeniBot Arbiter

ZeniBot
    You will, just as a Fan project. People were talking about upgrading Neocron 2's engine and adding new assets to the game.

^ Top  
  14. Trans-Financial-Man Savant

Trans-Financial-Man
    Okay, so why should I play this? What are the main features? Stop waxing lyrical about the game and actually get people interested

^ Top  
  15. Irxy Arcane

Irxy
    Project: Eternity
    You shouldn't, the game is an outdated pile of mess, has been like this from day 1 actually.
    Not a single bright idea or mechanic out there, a typical failed gen 1 mmo when people had no budget and no idea.
    And unlike some other failed mmos from the previous decades, there aren't any interesting or brave or crazy experimental features here either, just an overwelming mediocrity.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)