Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Neverwinter Nights Available on GoG

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I'm not even sure how it came about that internet retards have to use "u" instead then the far more natural "you".
Fstr typn lol u. :M

getter77

Augur
Would have been as good a release as possible if they got all the Premium Modules. Still, probably worth a go for the price and all the other assorted mods/modules out there---like this Daggerford one now downloading.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Lyric Suite said:
I'm not even sure how it came about that internet retards have to use "u" instead then the far more natural "you".
texting habits of reducing letter count with homophones, obviously. what is there not to get about it?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
getter77 said:
Would have been as good a release as possible if they got all the Premium Modules.

Yes. A way to buy those again and play them offline would have been welcome, but instead they just took the Diamond Edition disc and removed the disc check, way to go GOG.

This is my issue with GOG much more than anything else: they claim to put a lot of effort into these releases, but they don't more often than not. Pretty much every game I got on there I still needed to tweak for compatibility.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I only played the (incredibly bad) original campaign, long ago.

Did you ever end up with a fully controllable 4+ person party in any of the expansions?

Or was that just in NWN 2?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
PorkaMorka said:
Did you ever end up with a fully controllable 4+ person party in any of the expansions?
NWN1? No, the most you ever get are 2 henchmen in HotU. They suffer from all the usual henchmen problems (except I think you could FINALLY give them items to equip) and are completely not controllable.

waywardOne

Arcane
good? possibly, but probably not.

old? in dog years, perhaps.

game? possibly, but probably not.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeesh said:
theInsouciantFistOfPiety said:
Y'know, there were (are, I guess) some pretty impressive mods for this. And HotU was fun, damnit.
Yeah, I played all the way through and I thought I enjoyed it as well. But I have it on good codex authority that we weren't actually having fun at all. We were tricked and the whole series totally sucked in every way.
Current codex convention would be that you're not very discerning and are possibly mentally deficient in some way. But seriously, NWN Series Is The Best Ever!!!

Topher

Cipher
Jaesun said:
Collect the 4 Waterdavian creatures. r00fles!

That's as far as I ever got. I really need to reinstall and try some mods like the Daggerford(SP?) one.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Oh, I didn't know that Darkness over Daggerford was available for free now. Since I immensely enjoyed Mysteries of Westgate, I feel like reinstalling NWN and play this one.

Also if you buy NWN, you can play A Dance With Rogues :smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've always loved the fact that NWVault seperate "Roleplay" & "Hack&Slash" into to very distinct and unrelated categories. It's like a little stab at Mondblut's heart everytime someone downloads a mod with "heavy" roleplay :smug:

Topher said:
Jaesun said:

That's as far as I ever got. I really need to reinstall and try some mods like the Daggerford(SP?) one.

I got the 4 creatures, then Aribeth took me to the outskirts of Luskan (I think), and told me to collect another 4 things. I should rip through that main quest with a Barbarian just to see if every chapter is like that.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jaesun said:
and then the 4 words of power, and then the 4... something. Then the 4 star maps, then the 4 amulet parts, then the 34 tidbits of information, then the 4 alliances...

Bioware really loves this one, but NWN1 OC has you do it THREE TIMES IN THE SAME GAME. I still don't know why I bothered to finish it. At one point while playing it I even came down with a fever and spent most of the night hallucinating (with the horrible combat music superimposed over my hallucinations). I didn't touch the game for a week or so after that.

Topher said:
Daggerford is good. There's more exploration, a BG-style world map (though much smaller), a number of challenging but optional encounters in Daggerford itself... it's not great, but it's so much better than any of the official stuff it's not even funny.

Gragt said:
Oh, I didn't know that Darkness over Daggerford was available for free now. Since I immensely enjoyed Mysteries of Westgate, I feel like reinstalling NWN and play this one.
It was always free. It was supposed to be a premium module but Atari pulled the plug on these before it was done, so Ossian released it for free instead. It's good, but don't expect it to be as good as MoW though. MoW is like an improved and refined version of DoD.

Topher

Cipher
I have a copy of NWN Diamond I think, that I borrowed form a friend, sitting around here somewhere. I'll probably try it out again just for the mods once I'm done with New Vegas and possibly Fable 3 (depending on when the PC release is). Any other really good mods besides the Premium ones or whatever they are and Daggerford? I saw a Dance with Rouges mentioned but I've heard mixed things about it in the past. Not that it will kill me to spend 30 seconds downloading it to find out for myself.

deuxhero

Arcane
Hey! A gog release of an in-print title that costs a lot less than what I can physically buy it for.

:incline:

It's NWN

:decline:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Topher said:
Jaesun said:

You are not missing anything, at all not finishing the NWN OC. There are some good NWN mods however that are vastly better than the OC.

Nickless

Educated
Awor Szurkrarz said:
I'll consider buying it so that I could try out the Dance With Rogues.

:lol:

The game's OC is terrible and not worth even glancing at. HotU's campaign is debatable, although I personally don't think it's worth it. Custom mods and persistent worlds make the game.

Sceptic said:
At one point while playing it I even came down with a fever and spent most of the night hallucinating (with the horrible combat music superimposed over my hallucinations). I didn't touch the game for a week or so after that.

What the fuck? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: "Darkness over Daggerford" sounds so generic I thought it was a joke name like Turd Brotocol.

Hah, at least i finished it, which is more than i can say about DaO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom