Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
They haven't added anything that wasn't already done as part of the extended client or mods on the vault.

What are you even selling here?

Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.

This is Marketing Speak for.. We backported public mods into the game. They fucking phoned it in.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There's an ongoing countdown on Beamdog's website, but it seems like Kotaku jumped the gun and leaked the unlisted youtube trailer:

Sadly, it looks like just a quick cash grab, with no real improvements:

Basically, the enhancements are limited to a few pieces of UI and the menu scaling properly up to 4K, and the addition of effects like depth-of-field, pixel shaders and post-processing.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition includes the base game, along with Pirates of the Sword Coast, Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and two soundtracks.

It’ll be $20 when it’s out...sometime in the future (though some preorder customers will be given access to a beta). In a nice touch, this new version will be compatible with any old saves you’ve got lying around.

Kinda pointless... Any NWN fan probably already own multiple copies, and I doubt you can sell those graphics to newcomers in 2018. Seems like just an excuse to take a $9 game on GOG and sell it on Steam at $20.

Sentinel

Arcane
got excited for a moment

fucking hell. don't do this to me.

Fuck Beamdog.

edit: doesn't even have Hordes of the Underdark.

Cael

Arcane
This is Marketing Speak for.. We backported public mods into the game. They fucking phoned it in.
Sounds about right for Beamdog.

Compare BG:EE where they introduced the BG2 stuff into the game and added 4 companions (one of whom is the obligatory alphabet soupy) all of whom are special snowflakes and 3 with special quests centred on them (the last has a whole mod dedicated to him).

With BG2:EE where they introduced 2 companions, one of whom is a joke character and the other is a black lesbian vampire Mary Sue Eeeeeeee-vul ninja pirate zombie SJW self-pleasuring fantasy.

With BE:SoD where they have a tranny, who tells you she is a tranny, and refers to herself as a tranny and did I mention the first thing she tells you is that she is a tranny?

frajaq

Erudite
So they're adding more Prestige Classes right? That at least might be interesting I guess

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Next in line: Kotor:EE, Kotor2:EE, and then...

VTMB:EE.

It'll be difficult. But then...

Poe:EE. Mmm I'd buy that for a dollar.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
If it was REALLY trying to be 'enhanced'.. you'd think they'd add NWN2's new classes, prestige classes, spells, and everything else.You know like adding more controllable party members much like BIO did with the expansions.

'ENHANCED' indeed.

Fukkin' ENHANCE. HOLY FUKKL.

LMFAO

"edit: doesn't even have Hordes of the Underdark."

r u retartet? You must work for them because you have ti be retartet. the fukkin' video had HOTU material in it... but you claim it doesn't include it. LMFAO

Volourn

Pretty Princess
If it was REALLY trying to be 'enhanced'.. you'd think they'd add NWN2's new classes, prestige classes, spells, and everything else.You know like adding more controllable party members much like BIO did with the expansions.

'ENHANCED' indeed.

Fukkin' ENHANCE. HOLY FUKKL.

LMFAO

"edit: doesn't even have Hordes of the Underdark."

r u retartet? You must work for them because you have ti be retartet. the fukkin' video had HOTU material in it... but you claim it doesn't include it. LMFAO

DemonKing

Arcane
Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale & Planescape Torment were all regarded as stone cold classics to some extent, and worthy of re-releases. If you weren't into the multiplayer aspect NWN was always considered to be pretty awful - hardly something worthy of a retread.

I suspect given the law of diminishing returns with regards to profitability, this one is going to fall pretty flat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Why are you lying? NWN was considered a hit. It was also BIO's biggets money making game until the DA/ME combo. The fact you threw IWD in as a 'classic' is laughable. NWN is definitely a classic.

then again, the Codex claimed that NWN would be forgotten within the first couple of year. Over a decade later you still spam threads about NWN.
\
Definition of CLASSIC.

P.S.

NWN > ALL

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Will it work with all the mods?, because if not then its even more of a joke

Cael

Arcane
Will it work with all the mods?, because if not then its even more of a joke
Depends on what they did with it. A lot of the mods depended on unused lines in the d2a files. If they went and filled in some or all of the lines, you will have problems.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
I'm so happy about this. This game provided some of the best experiences I have ever had in RPG's. Let's just hope they don't try jam any trannies into it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'd purchase an Enhanced Edition of the real Neverwinter Nights

nn4.jpg

+M

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You can tell they are quite worried. They are reaching the bottom of the barrel.

I have the feeling they will now try to remaster games from other studios. Fallout 1 and 2 are obvious choices.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You can tell they are quite worried. They are reaching the bottom of the barrel.

I have the feeling they will now try to remaster games from other studios. [redacted] are obvious choices.
Delete this post ffs!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom