Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Codex Year of the Donut

Mud'

Scholar
Almost $60 for the "deluxe" edition.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5253/Neverwinter_Nights_Enhanced_Edition_Digital_Deluxe/

Pretty sure I paid $39.99 for a copy of the platinum edition back in the day :hmmm:

edit: my memory is correct
https://www.ign.com/faqs/games/neverwinter-nights-platinum-edition/pc-696411

Why would anyone buy this?

I bought NWN:EE + Darkness over Daggerford for like 4$, Darkness of Daggerford is the only thing worth a damn in that package.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The target audience, and main selling point, were some improved features for people to host servers. Almost all Persistent Worlds (places where you roleplay (LARP) a character, like in Pen and Paper, with live DMs) upgraded to NWN:EE for the mild, but noticeable quality of life improvements. Some regret it, though, because it tends to crash quite a lot clientside.
Many other servers switched to NWN 2, though.

Anyway, that's why everyone I know bought it.

Yosharian

Arcane
The target audience, and main selling point, were some improved features for people to host servers. Almost all Persistent Worlds (places where you roleplay (LARP) a character, like in Pen and Paper, with live DMs) upgraded to NWN:EE for the mild, but noticeable quality of life improvements. Some regret it, though, because it tends to crash quite a lot clientside.
Many other servers switched to NWN 2, though.

Anyway, that's why everyone I know bought it.
That's not what LARP means...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
On the Codex we sometimes call roleplaying in a CRPG LARPing. For example, some people playing Oblivion would make sure to eat regularly even without a hunger bar, or roleplay a paladin that refused to steal and murder. We call this LARPing as a joke. Of course, when playing P&P with a DM it's not that, but since it's an online game I was making a joke.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

jf8350143

Liturgist
So when will they "enchance" the NWN 2? Because I want to play the mask of betrayer again but the game is really unstable on my newer computer.

I could never get into NWN 1. The ruleset just annoys me and the interface is downright retarded. Just start MotB though, it's looking goood.

Codex Year of the Donut
So when will they "enchance" the NWN 2? Because I want to play the mask of betrayer again but the game is really unstable on my newer computer.
NWN2 is a game that actually needs an enhanced edition. Very buggy, had lots of crashes every time I've played it.

Skdursh

Savant

I'm pretty sure that will never happen because 1. They don't own have the rights to it and Atari does, who won't even sell Arcanum to Obsidian much less NWN2, so they almost certainly wouldn't it to Beamdog 2. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere before that some parts of the source code have been lost.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Looks like Tyrants of the Moonsea, unfinished premium module will be get an official release. The name is exposed via SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/1143400/history/

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Tyrants of the Moonsea

Likely led by the original author and developers at Ossian.

Good news. More hits for the blog. My current Google authority rankings:

Tyrants of the Moonsea: 1st
Crimson Tides of Tethyr: 1st
Siege of Shadowdale: 3rd

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here it is:

https://www.beamdog.com/news/new-premium-module-tyrants-moonsea/

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea

From the developers of acclaimed adventure Darkness Over Daggerford, Ossian Studios, comes a new premium module for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition --> Tyrants of the Moonsea!

Based on the original module by Luke Scull, this new, enhanced version of Tyrants of the Moonsea vastly expands this former premium module by adding 70% more story and gameplay, as well as a a large amount of new art and audio content. Read on for details!

Package-header-image-707-x-232_1.width-800.png

STORY
The harsh frontier land known as the Moonsea is besieged by demons. A mysterious cult has arisen, bent on death and destruction. Amid the chaos, war is imminent between the powerful city-states and their tyrannical rulers.

Accompanied by the dwarf merchant Madoc, you approach the town of Voonlar just as the worst snowstorm of the year hits. You soon discover that only you can prevent the total annihilation of the Moonsea at the hands of a legendary and ancient evil...

FEATURES
A 20+ hour high-level adventure set in the perilous Moonsea region of the Forgotten Realms! Featuring new monsters, new tilesets, 35 minutes of new music, and 1,000 lines of new character VO.
  • An expansion-sized high-level adventure with 20+ hours of gameplay
  • Use the world map to explore 18 areas in the Moonsea region including Zhentil Keep, Cormanthor, Thar, and prominent city-states.
  • Recruit from 5 different companions for your party
  • 5 new monsters to do battle with
  • 14 new character portraits
  • 35 minutes of inspiring new music including exhilarating combat tracks
  • 1,000 lines of new character VO
SCREENSHOTS
totm_assassin_cliffs.width-500.jpg
totm_sea_battle.width-500.jpg
totm_hezrou.width-500.jpg

PLUS - THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK!

TotM_OST_Cover.width-500.png

Composed by Mark Braga, Kalen Smith and Will Musser, the inspiring original soundtrack for Tyrants of the Moonsea will also be available on Steam!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The series was never finished, not this particular module, at least that's what I suspect and that's how it comes off from what I'm reading. Or at least some side stuff that was planned wasn't implemented/finished. Why didn't they make the whole series and release that? There were supposed to be more entries, so it makes more sense and some people might see some value and buy it with a steep discount.

Sabotin

Scholar
Awww, I thought it'd be EE versions of all the modules and a new 4th module. Well with new portraits, music, models, vo., etc. it should have some premium value. That hezrou I haven't seen yet and it looks pretty good. Wish the pictures weren't SO DAMN SMALL.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"I'd humbly submit that it's the best high-level, single-player D&D videogame since MASK OF THE BETRAYER" (Well there was not a whole lot of games since, yeah.):

A long time ago - back in 2005, to be precise - I was contracted by Bioware to produce a Premium Module for their hit PC roleplaying game, NEVERWINTER NIGHTS. Unfortunately, Atari pulled the plug on the Premium Module program and the full campaign was never released - until now.

The 2019 TYRANTS OF THE MOONSEA is a massive, 20+ hour, high-level adventure set in the Forgotten Realms. It features over 100 areas, dozens of quests, and brand new art, music and VO. I'd humbly submit that it's the best high-level, single-player D&D videogame since MASK OF THE BETRAYER. It is also the best-looking NWN module ever released. You won't believe what Ossian's artists and level designers have achieved with a 17-year old game. The talent within Ossian is absurd.

I'm excited to see my vision finally realized - and I hope everyone still playing NWN has an absolute blast with the game!

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To be frank that's sort of promising (big emphasis on sort of as you can guess). No matter what retards say to you, don’t be fooled: NWN was conceived as a platform for module-making. If somehow Bimcurs can make that happen again that would be good. It’s a first good sign as to where NWN:EE is going and we should be at least somewhat happy about it. With extreme caution, obviously. I, for one, will gladly vote with my wallet for continuation of such business moves (and hope that it won’t be a shitshow of a module).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom