Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
hasn't that video already been posted like 10 times

Deleted Member 16721

More EE incompatibilities with custom content (in addition to ADwR):

• Caereena - Krakona Rising - crashes on startup
• Blackguard - crashes when loading saved game / unplayable after cutscene
• Enhanced GUI - windows are messed up: cannot chargen, cannot level up

These are just what's been reported on: not many players, most players that encounter bugs will just give up/not report. I'd put money on there being scores of mods that don't work properly on EE.

At least Beamdog are trying and making updates on an ancient game. Who else is fixing up or trying to enhance old games? For the things that break (and will subsequently be fixed once the platform with enhancements is more stable) a new feature gets added that wasn't possible in the original. Stop hating and start appreciating. You of all people should be backing them since they are updating your favorite games, yet I see nothing but vitriol from you towards Beamdog. Makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Who else is fixing up or trying to enhance old games?

As with the IE:EEs, the community was doing a pretty good job by itself. Shadooow, f.e, fixed several thousand bugs over 6 years and opened up +modding potential. See here.

For the things that break (and will subsequently be fixed once the platform with enhancements is more stable) a new feature gets added that wasn't possible in the original.

For anyone with eyes that can see, it's six and one half dozen.

Stop hating and start appreciating. You of all people should be backing them since they are updating your favorite games, yet I see nothing but vitriol from you towards Beamdog. Makes absolutely zero sense to me.

That actually isn't true. I've covered DoD favorably. And I've said that Beamdog were professional in correspondence/interview.

You are a non-entity - a Nothing - in both the Infinity and Aurora spheres. You have never played the original BG. You are an EE newfag. No one cares what you or any EE newfag says about Baldur's Gate or NWN.

Deleted Member 16721

Everyone is a non-entity to you. Sheesh. The community fixing things is great but Beamdog is taking it to another level. And also putting the game back in the spotlight a bit, to attract newer and older players alike. You should be welcoming a team like Beamdog who's breathing new life into these great classics. I may have never played the original BG but I've played BG:EE three times through, once with SCS on Hardcore settings. They've done a good job with their EE's.

Xeon

Augur
I'll be happy if they could release an IWD2 EE since there doesn't seem to be a lot of mods or enhancements for that game and the Bug fixing and Tweaks modder (CamDawg) said he didn't like IWD2 so he didn't want to do anything on it or something iirc, tho now he works for Beamdogs I think.

I wonder how much work it will take to EE it similar to BG1, didn't they lack source files for BG1 as well or am I wrong? maybe figured too much work for little return or something which kinda sucks.

Cael

Arcane
I'll be happy if they could release an IWD2 EE since there doesn't seem to be a lot of mods or enhancements for that game and the Bug fixing and Tweaks modder (CamDawg) said he didn't like IWD2 so he didn't want to do anything on it or something iirc, tho now he works for Beamdogs I think.

I wonder how much work it will take to EE it similar to BG1, didn't they lack source files for BG1 as well or am I wrong? maybe figured too much work for little return or something which kinda sucks.
They can't. IWD2 code is lost, thank God.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
it is very noble thing that beamdog is doing with EEs, perfecting these old games.

however with every revolution it takes time for people to understand it.

McPlusle

Savant
Do I want this? I would've skipped this entirely but NWN Diamond doesn't even launch on my system half the time and the other half all the sound is replaced with ear-splitting static. Does EE at least work? Do I even want to play NWN1 again? I never played the expansions.

Honestly I just want IWD2 with an actual widescreen interface.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
my article about blackguard prestige class, aimed at youngsters who first experience this game.

https://darksideofrpgs.blogspot.com/2019/01/blackguard-prestige-class-in.html

a83ee5f28cbb3f7182be7cf22de6e172.jpg

hell bovine

Arcane
Do I want this? I would've skipped this entirely but NWN Diamond doesn't even launch on my system half the time and the other half all the sound is replaced with ear-splitting static. Does EE at least work? Do I even want to play NWN1 again? I never played the expansions.

Honestly I just want IWD2 with an actual widescreen interface.
You could try this one (older link, but the dload still works): https://sorcerers.net/community/threads/icewind-dale-2-widescreen-ui.68556/

HotU was a fun dungeon crawl, though not very difficult. It did have a few amusing evil options outside of the main quest. SoU was not as good, but it had Deekin. There was also some mod bridging these two expansions, but I don't recall any details, except that it took place on the shadow plane.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There was also some mod bridging these two expansions, but I don't recall any details, except that it took place on the shadow plane.

That was made by a fan. BioWare ran a contest back in the day and the winner got to be the official bridge module. I don't remember it being too interesting, though - just a combat romp. I remember wondering whether one one of the runner-ups might have been more interesting.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're baaaaaaaaaack:

http://blog.beamdog.com/2019/01/january-11-2019-livestream-recap.html

January 11, 2019 Livestream Recap

“I’d like to create a new game with a toolset like the NWN one, but I can’t promise anything!” ~ Trent

Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Marketing & PR Manager Lee Guille shared the latest studio news and updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine games. They read a few winning stories from the Baldur’s Gate: 20-Year Anniversary Contest and showed a community portrait that will be added to the Beamdog Enhanced Edition Family of games for free later in 2019.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:
  • If you missed the Winter Sale, this is your chance! All our games, soundtracks, and DLC are on sale at Beamdog.com and Fanatical! Get up to 66% off Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and DLC, and save up to 75% on Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions and DLC!
  • We moved in to a new office and are hiring! If you’re a Project Manager, Web Developer, Programmer, Lead Programmer, or Technical Artist - apply!
  • During the Baldur’s Gate: 20-Year Anniversary Contest we heard more than 500 amazing stories from fans sharing their Baldur’s Gate memories. Read a few of our favorites here!
  • We want to know what you want to see during our livestreams in 2019! Design chats? Community & developer interviews? Tips & tricks, lore, & easter egg segments? Pre-recorded segments at Trent’s forge? Us playing games? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter, and the forums!

“Voice packs are funny! Maybe I’ll do another one!” ~ Trent
  • The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition in 2018, is coming soon along with the Dice, Camera, Action! Voice and Portrait Pack and the Beamdog team pack.
  • We’re happy to announce the 3.1.4 update for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is now available at Beamdog.com. The build is being tested on GOG right now, and we plan to bring it to Google Play and the App Store soon.

“Yes, I have a favorite character type for playing (tabletop or CRPG). A barbarian!” ~ Trent
  • Late in December we shipped Development Build 8187 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Check out the patch notes here.
  • Porting Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition to 64-bit will take time, but will allow us create an iOS version of NWN:EE.
  • A new renderer for NWN:EE is underway. According to Trent, probably you won’t see anything on this front in the next couple of months, but when you do, it’ll be massive. Cam and and the NWN team is working hard on it.
  • The new renderer will make Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition look much better. As Trent says, we’re taking the renderer from the 2000 era to today! It’ll change a lot of things in the game, which is why we can’t provide custom content documentation before the new renderer is completed.
  • If you encounter a bug or another issue with transferring your Neverwinter Nights server to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, report it, and we’ll fix it! We’re working closely with the community members to make sure transfers are as smooth as possible.
Excited for what’s next? Come and join the next livestream this Friday!

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They either go on scraps because no one is buying their shit or they're conducting some truly elaborate Ponzi-like scheme – taking cash from sheeple and doing absolutely jack-shit of work, that is – none. These chats are ridiculous. “We are doing things, and some other things, oh look we’ve made a portrait, oh look it’s been months since Enhancund Edision and we did nothing of substance”. Fucking thieves.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hah! It's finally over! http://blog.beamdog.com/2019/01/beamdog-livestreams-update.html

Beamdog Livestreams Update

In November, 2017 we started a series of weekly livestreams. It’s been a great pleasure to talk to all of you on a weekly basis, to answer community questions, and to share developer insights! We have the best fans we could dream of!

We’ve made the decision to end the weekly Beamdog livestreams for the time being to focus our efforts on new and existing projects, and to ensure we craft compelling game experiences that delight our fans, wherever they choose to play. We will still host livestreams for special events and announcements, however.

Our aim is to continue developing direct communication between Beamdog and our followers, to keep the community informed on studio news, sales, updates, and upcoming events.

Find us on Twitter, Facebook, and the Beamdog forum, where we will be glad to reply to any question you have.

Poseidon00

Arcane
"“I’d like to create a new game with a toolset like the NWN one, but I can’t promise anything!” ~ Trent"

So, that's a no for new content, one of the few things that folks may actually want out of NWN.

“Voice packs are funny! Maybe I’ll do another one!” ~ Trent"

But it is a resounding YES for quick, insulting cash grabs.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So where are we with this? I'd pick it up for £5 or so in a sale if the graphics recieved a massive overhaul that didn't make everything look like pastecine painted by a retarded 5 year old, and has the inevitable glitchy performance...or is that hoping for too much?.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It looks fine but right now the game will crash ~3 times a day randomly due to a critical memory leak. They say it will be fixed with the new renderer. They have been saying this for what feels like half a year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom