Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's happening: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/you-dont-want-to-miss-beamdogs-pax-panel.html

You don't want to miss Beamdog's PAX Panel

Beamdog is headed to PAX West next week to mingle with gamers, give away prizes, and reveal what’s to come at the official Beamdog PAX Panel.

The panel will be on Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 1 pm PDT in the Hydra Theatre, and livestreamed on Beamdog’s Twitch Channel and on PAX2.

Here’s why you don’t want to miss it:

D&D Announcements

Beamdog CEO, Trent Oster will be revealing some exciting news for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. Alongside Beamdog, Wizards of the Coast Senior Producer for Digital Content, John Feil, will be there to lend his perspective on classic D&D games.

Portrait Prizes

Beamdog will be giving away two major prizes during their panel.

Audience members have a chance to win a Baldur’s Gate style portrait that may make an appearance in the Enhanced Edition family of Beamdog games.

We’ll be drawing two winners:
  • One person who asks a question during the panel’s Q&A will be drawn as the winner! Get your questions ready!
  • Watch us online! One viewer on Beamdog’s Twitch livestream of the panel will be selected to win!
Secret Guests

Watch out for a secret guest on the panel to announce something exciting for the Enhanced Edition family of games. You’ll have to tune in to find out more!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Audience members have a chance to win a Baldur’s Gate style portrait that may make an appearance in the Enhanced Edition family of Beamdog games.
Unfortunate chosen audience members should sue them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/08/august-24-livestream-recap.html

August 24 Livestream Recap

“I’m now the owner on all legacy games, and my job is to make them better!” ~ Luke

During today’s livestream Beamdog Marketing & PR Manager Lee Guille and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest news on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine games. Luke talked about what brought him into the game development and how he sees the future of the Enhanced Editions.

Missed the stream ? It's on YouTube and Twitch! Here's a quick summary of the highlights:

“As a producer I get a 360-degree view on the project. I make sure things happen!” ~ Luke
  • The Mac App Store builds of the 2.5 patches for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition need some QA testing. It’s been a while since our last update there, and we want to make sure everything will be working properly!
  • After bringing the 2.5 patches to the Mac App Store we’ll be looking at Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition. The 3.1.4 patch for PST:EE released on Steam will finally come to other stores.
  • Our players have waited a while for the 2.5 series of patches for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. We recognize 2 years is a long time. We’ll continue fixing bugs and start releasing smaller updates.
  • Android users, we’re hearing your voices about a fuzzy picture on certain Android devices. This was a fix for those devices that previously couldn’t handle the games’ performance on certain resolutions. We’re looking at ways we can fix the issue.
  • During the production of Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear we used an internal tool which helped with the process of creating BAMs (it made creature animation conversion from 3D to the 2D BAM format easier). We’re working on updating this tool and plan to release it to the community. With this tool modders will be able to create new mods for our Infinity Engine games easier.
  • Improving the Translation Tool for our games is on our to-do list.
  • If we ever do any new content for Infinity Engine games, it’ll take a while. Our main focus is fixing bugs and making modding easier.
  • We’re interested in improving UI for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition. We want players to be happy with our games, and want to incorporate their feedback. We’re studying the current feedback on UI and trying to find the best solution.

“I’m focused on giving love to the modding community!” ~ Luke
  • We’re still working on bringing Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition to GOG. Our NWN:EE developers are fully dedicated to making a GOG build, so there’s no new Development Build this week.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on mobile is looking good internally, most of the game functionality is already in, but UI still needs some love. A lot of work we’re doing for NWN:EE on mobile will also be useful for the PC version, and many improvements on the tablet version will be reflected in NWN:EE for PC.
  • Removing the 256 limit on classes in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is something we can look into, but we have to be careful about not breaking other things by this change.
Excited for what’s next? During the Friday stream next week Luke and Kristin Warren, our QA lead on Infinity Engine games, will provide an in-depth look into the engine. On September, 1, tune in for the special PAX West stream!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hahahahahaha they're copying Obsidian's Critical Role thing. They're adding a group of tabletop roleplaying streamers to their games. Portrait and voice set DLCs.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Copying a failed strategy?

In Germany, you can hardly buy a mainstream game anymore, which doesn't have VO / German dubs by the country's biggest Let's player.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Beamdog following the same path as HBS, huh. RPGs are too hard, let's just make lousy strat games instead.

And while there may be less writing, it certainly won't be any better (see Battletech).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
What, they didn't even announce new premium modules or Infinity Engine console ports?

i_wasnt_expecting_anything_and_im_still_disappointed.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
In the Q&A, Trent says they have a 5th Edition D&D "world simulator" prototype. I imagine what they started working on when Gaider was at the company.

Cael

Arcane
In the Q&A, Trent says they have a 5th Edition D&D "world simulator" prototype. I imagine what they started working on when Gaider was at the company.
So, cuckdog is trying to copy the Kingmaker guys, then?

office-heckling-hecklers-heckles-seminars-hostile_audiences-bwhn1972_low.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
i_wasnt_expecting_anything_and_im_still_disappointed.jpg

Even their community is super disappointed: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1006677/#Comment_1006677

Beamdog, why you've become so lame?

Very underwhelming news, when most everyone in this thread was building up hopes for a new game to join the EE family.

Beamdog really should have announced this in a weekly live stream. Made a big deal about something so... small (to be polite).

The lack of management skills in BD's staff never ceases to amaze me.

All my hype is going down - I've been waiting for PAX for so long and for... THIS ? Voicesets? I play PL version of the game ! Portraits? Yeah there is 2403840293852 on the vault already.. - don't get me wrong more is always welcome but Im losing it Beamdog. The streams without Phil are boring - there is no reason to be hyped for NWN anymore. Im really disappointed - get people hyped again with at least something

Yeah I feel like the problem isn't the DLC itself, more like that they made such a huge freaking deal over something so small.
Goddamnit BG, I really love you guys, but get it together...

Jinn

Arcane
Fucking pathetic. Come on, Beamdog.

Last edited:

Bocian

Arcane
Could it be...? Could it be that the scam is running dry? Get on Chris Roberts' level or go home.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could it be...? Could it be that the scam is running dry? Get on Chris Roberts' level or go home.
Such a high level can only be achieved by a long grind.
Expect at least a dozen more voice sets before they level up.

Actually, that wasn't their big announcement, though.
That got delayed, as they said in the beginning of the stream ( https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72238/beamdogs-pax-panel/p4 ), but they still had the panel and had to do *something*, so they used that for the voice pack. Oh, dear :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom